The US Constitution - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Alex Nevsky
Since this is an international forum and the constitution is the framework for American law, I thought some of you might want to read what it says.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution

It does more than establish how US government works.It defines the rights of Americans.
Dagoth Ur wrote:Because no one can just access the American constitution whenever they want.

Of course they can. It's several places on the internet.

I've merely saved interested parties the task of searching for it.

Most of what is posted here is also available on the internet. So what?
Alex Nevsky wrote:Since this is an international forum and the constitution is the framework for American law, I thought some of you might want to read what it says.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution

It does more than establish how US government works.It defines the rights of Americans.

It does not define the rights of Americans. The Bill of Rights lists a few individual rights that the federal government cannot abrogate, and says there are more than just those listed. The rest of the document places limits on the government in other areas, because the principle on which it is based says that governments do not grant rights (not true rights anyway, they grant privileges called civil rights), they can only recognize and enforce them.

But I agree that not enough Americans are familiar with it, so linking it here is a service, thank you.
Joe Liberty wrote:
It does not define the rights of Americans. The Bill of Rights lists a few individual rights that the federal government cannot abrogate, and says there are more than just those listed. The rest of the document places limits on the government in other areas, because the principle on which it is based says that governments do not grant rights (not true rights anyway, they grant privileges called civil rights), they can only recognize and enforce them.

But I agree that not enough Americans are familiar with it, so linking it here is a service, thank you.

The Bill of rights is only the first 10 amendments. There are others which define American rights: Nos 13,14,15, 20.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]