Police attack : After the prom - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article210906264.html#storylink=cpy

A young black man allegedly arguing with store employees at a waffle house in Warsaw S.C. was attacked by a police officer who very visibly (cell phone video) choked the young man and then threw him to the ground and pounced on him. The young man offered no resistance but repeatedly voiced a demand that the officer "get your hands off me."

Waffle house has yet to release the inhouse video of the incident or offer comment on what transpired to justify calling the police and the subsequent officer attack.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article210799909.html#storylink=readmore_inline
This is a direct link to the video (which may or may not be available with the full story at the top listed URL.

Zam
Who is ‘newsobserver.com’ and why should I believe they are presenting an unbiased story?
@One Degree Why should you believe that they are not? Do you always scream "Fake News!", whenever someone posts a news article? research it a bit if you aren't convinced.

Better yet, go there and read it instead of simply making a stupid comment about the source.

It's the Raleigh NC newspaper.
http://www.newsobserver.com/
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Why should you believe that they are not? Do you always scream "Fake News!", whenever someone posts a news article? research it a bit if you aren't convinced.

I know nothing about this site. I asked what it was. Yes, I always assume fake news from any source and especially sources I am not familiar with.
:roll: Automatically anything not on Fox News is fake news, right? That is absolute stupidity. If you have questions about it, go look at the site, at least.
Godstud wrote::roll: Automatically anything not on Fox News is fake news, right? That is absolute stupidity. If you have questions about it, go look at the site, at least.

I went to the site. It stated the story was based upon a Facebook video, hence my reluctance to accept the story at face value.
One Degree wrote:I went to the site. It stated the story was based upon a Facebook video, hence my reluctance to accept the story at face value.

Had a few already this AM maybe? Perhaps the video was produced by BLM at their secret Cuban studio?

Zam :lol:
Zamuel wrote:Had a few already this AM maybe? Perhaps the video was produced by BLM at their secret Cuban studio?

Zam :lol:

You are capable of more than personal attack and ridiculous statements concealed as humor and distraction. Do you consider this a reputable site or did you just run across something that matched your viewpoint and posted it without any regard for it’s objectivity? I will see what I can find out about the site.

Edit:
On August 4, 2013, McClatchy Newspapers, citing anonymous sources, reported on conversations between Ayman al-Zawahri, who succeeded Osama bin Laden as the head of Al Qaeda, and Nasser al-Wuhayshi, the head of the Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, discussing an alleged imminent terrorist attack. Two days previously, The New York Times had agreed to withhold the identities of the Al Qaeda leaders after US intelligence officials claimed the information could jeopardize their operations. Government analysts and officials interviewed by the Times said the impact of this disclosure caused more immediate damage to American counter-terrorism efforts than the thousands of classified documents disclosed by Edward Snowden due to a sharp drop in the terrorists' use of a major communications channel that the authorities were monitoring.[15] Subsequently, officials have been searching for new ways to monitor communications among Al Qaeda's leaders and operatives.[15]

Apparently a newspaper owned by a very liberal organization.
Apparently a newspaper owned by a very liberal organization.

So, you suspect what? They paid the cop to attack the kid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zam
Zamuel wrote:So, you suspect what? They paid the cop to attack the kid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zam

I don’t suspect anything. I just choose to ignore the relevance of this article until I have more information. If there is a debatable issue, I am sure other media will run the story with additional information.
This is what the Black mayor had to say:

""Now I want the public to understand that this is not a racially-motivated issue. This was just a young man who had broken the law, and a law enforcement officer arrested him. And unfortunately physical contact took place because he refused to cooperate or follow the — or obey the law. "

Related stories from The State in Columbia SC

NC cop chokes, slams black man in tuxedo to the ground at Waffle House, video shows

NC cop chokes, slams black man in tuxedo to the ground at Waffle House, video shows

MLK's daughter calls for Waffle House boycott after black man choked, slammed by NC cop

MLK's daughter calls for Waffle House boycott after black man choked, slammed by NC cop

Waffle House choking wasn't racist, NC mayor says: ‘This officer did what he had to’

Waffle House choking wasn't racist, NC mayor says: ‘This officer did what he had to’

Mayor Connors said Wall became “disruptive” at the restaurant and when the police officer arrived he was "irate and doing things and threatening employees."

The police officer attempted to get Wall to go outside, Connors said.

“He put up a struggle and eventually he was brought outside, gotten outside and in the midst of things more physical contact took place," Connors said.

In the video, Wall can be heard demanding the officer's supervisor.

The Warsaw Police Department has received phone calls and social media messages, some of which are threats against the police officer in the video, said Glenn Barfield, an attorney representing the department and the officer.

“A 32-second excerpt from a bystander cellphone video of an incident that was 5-10 minutes long, edited to that 32 seconds, in my view, for maximum dramatic effect, making it look like an innocent man being jumped, essentially, by a police officer because of a verbal disagreement,” Barfield said.

The officer has not been suspended, Barfield said.

Wall said he was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct for arguing with the Waffle House employees.
Suntzu wrote:The officer has not been suspended, Barfield said.

Prediction: He will be.

Zam

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]