Hungry homeless man sentenced to 10 months for stealing hot dog - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The only information I was able to find about this was the video.

"Judge Boyd Sends Man To Prison Over A Hot Dog..Sort of." posted by Creedence and Mikey

It looks like an old homeless man was sentenced to 10 months in prison for stealing a hot dog at a Walmart store in Texas. (hot dog referring to cheap food item)
But the man did apparently have a long past criminal record.

The man was white and appears to be between 60 and 70 years old.
The judge was a black female. The judge appears to be talking in a calm and competent manner, making it seem that this is just how justice works in that area, prison sentences for smaller crimes can be harsh.

Judge: "Did you understand you're charged with the offense of theft under 2500 dollars enhanced. That's a state jail felony. The range of punishment is anywhere from 180 days up to two years in the state jail facility and up to a 10,000 dollar fine."

Defense attorney: Your honor my client had accepted previously, um, the same case, and went to state jail facility for six months, um, negotiating with the state we got agreement to ask you to do a cap of 12, where you would decide 6 months to 12 months. Uh, he knows that he had a 12-44a in the past - he's done six months.
(a 12.44 is where a state jail felony can punished as a Class A misdemeanor if a judge believes there should be less punishment)
Uh he's homeless - he phrases it as chronic homeless. He has no family here. He was staying at Haven for Hope before this happened. He got hungry. He had an altercation - an incident where he left Haven for Hope. He didn't want to cause a scene. He didn't want to retaliate back. He left. Didn't have money. Got a hot dog at Walmart.
And he was asking for 10 months. And we're asking something lower than 12."

Judge: All right, so why does he keep -- I mean I understand, I read the report and I understand that you're stealing food. Aright? (She shrugs) and I'm sympathetic and empathetic to the fact that you're homeless, and you're hungry. But I know in San Antonio there are places where the food is free. It may not be what you want, but it's free so I don't understand... and I looked at your criminal history... so...your criminal history is extensive and... So why should I give him less than the year? That's what I'm trying to understand."

It sounds like the defendant's name is "Brian Edward Dotright" or "Boatwright" (or that's what it sounds like from the video). He admitted to having alcohol problems.
The judge is Stephanie R. Boyd, in San Antonio.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]