Charges Dropped Against Debra LaFave - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.

While I agree there was an excessive amount of dubious reaction, this just shows the double standard. Had this been a male he would gotten no less than five years, and in florida probably upwards of 15.

Charges were dropped because the mother did not want the boy to testify. I don't believe it, I have no evidence, but I have a suspicion that he has feelings for her, and managed to convince his mother that he consented, if he didn't convince her, he played the fear card in order to not betray his love for Debra.

She also has Bipolar disorder for all those interested.
By Rampant
happens everywhere, man shags 15 year old = sex offender, women shags 15 year old = "good onya son!"

age of consent laws in most nations also reflect the idea that young women can not consent to sex and need to be protected whereas young men don't, generally the age of consent is higher for women (and gay men)

it's all based on the ancient notion that women don't really like sex, only do it to please men, can not make decisions about sex herself and that men are all predatory, strangely many feminists defend this crap without seeming to get how fucking patronising it is
By Goranhammer
Well, there's a bit more to it than that. Men can't get pregnant, and it's ridiculously more difficult for a woman to pass most STDs to a man than it is the other way around. I'd say the first one has more legal precedence than the other though.

I do say that most of it has to do with the social stigma of sex being okay for men, but not for women. It's so ass-backwards.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]