The role of parking attendants - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Not to be confused with the British "traffic wardens" - who generally have more power:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_warden

From Wikipedia:

Parking attendant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A parking attendant is a member of a traffic control department or organization who issues tickets for parking violations. They are sometimes known as meter maids, a gender specific term for female attendants. Traffic wardens are employed by the police force and also enforce parking regulations, but have greater powers.

They are employed by local authorities in the UK with Decriminalised Parking Enforcement powers under the Road Traffic Act 1991 and have the power to issue a Penalty Charge Notice to any vehicle which is in a position that it shouldn't be. UK parking attendants normally patrol on foot, however some also use cars or mopeds, particularly in larger areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_attendant
By | I, CWAS |
Traffic wardens are employed by the police force and also enforce parking regulations, but have greater powers.

Essentially they are the police, as the police write tickets also, they just appear to be unarmed in most locations, but are still agents of the unjust state, and an enemy of Liberty.
By | I, CWAS |
most British police are unarmed.

I'm aware of this, I was speaking on the macrocosmic scale, most police forces are armed, and most parking attendants are not, I am not aware of how pervasive they are in developing countries though.
By byosotld
Essentially they are the police, as the police write tickets also, they just appear to be unarmed in most locations, but are still agents of the unjust state, and an enemy of Liberty.

This is just classic. Parking enforcement official, enemy of Liberty. This is just awesome.

Will you come to my next dinner party? I'm serious. I'll invite all my liberal friends who think I'm a pig. Please, my friend's, Kari's, head would explode after hearing any one of 100 or more comments that you've posted on these forums.

Seriously, I'm laughing myself to death right now, just thinking about it.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Losing money is one thing, losing a whole brigade[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Wait a moment, I'll just quickly pick up the weapo[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]