Punishment is abuse. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By DearS
4% Corrupt

[ PM ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:59 am [ Edit ]
I do not want to act abusively. I am kind, compassionate, and loving. Although I do not believe it sometimes, thats fine, its still the truth. Abusing in any shape or form, against myself and/or another(s) is self mutilation and a waste of time.

Human beings through t history have been both behaving lovingly and abusively. We want to encourage the former, and stop perpetrating the latter. Examples are taking care of ourselves, its a loving thing to do. Perpetrating ourselves as victims is an abusive thing to do. Blaming is perpetration. Human beings do not have "should s". We do not have any grounds for judging what another does as a defective way of living. We are not victims of someones violating human "should s". Empowering punishment is actually perpetrading ourselves as victims. Its self abusive. We are not victims, we are not defective, what happened is not our fault. We are only living life as best we can. We have a right to come to our own conclusion of what that is. We have a right to be wrong, to make mistakes. Were is there is defect? So what grounds do we have to blame another for our experience of life? We is there true cause for punishment?

Punishment is a about a convoluted perspective. Its about shame, about a dysfunctional relationship with life. Their is no one to punish. No one is really being punished. No one is entitled to punishment. No one is actually taking out there punishment on another. It only seems/feels that way. Its a convoluted system meant to scare, control, put down and abuse individuals deemed offenders. One is ultimately responsible for how one regards another, that regard will to some degree shape ones experience of life. Just like my perspectives/regards are shaping my experience of life.

ps. The age of enlightenment is upon us. We have within ourselves the answers to all our needs.
pss. I do not believe preemptive measures like putting a potentially dangerous individual under custody of a police department is punishment. It does of course shape ones experience/relationship with life.

I think she’s going to be a great president for Me[…]

Immigration is part of capitalism, @Puffer Fis[…]

Teacher questions appropriateness of pow-wow

One teacher saying something that others disagree […]

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]