2 questions in a row is anti-intellectual - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This is something that just occured to me today and it actually got me pretty annoyed, in the interview below the interviewer asks Ron Paul 2 questions in a row for no apparent reason (4:45), it doesnt save him time it only confuses things and makes it harder for the interviewe to concentrate on providing a good and intelligent answer, ofc the person being interviewed also often doesnt ask to have the 2nd question repeated since that makes him/her look dumb, so he or she is forced to engage in inefficient brain processes that wastes resources.

[youtube]aaO94LCP7Ss[/youtube]

Instead of asking 2 questions in a row why doesnt the interviewer just ask 1 question, get an answer, ask another question and get an answer? Asking 1 question at a time is just as fast as asking 2 questions and getting 2 answers.

When I think about issues I do not dual think, I devote my brain towards the topic at hand and when you ask me to do the ''calculations'' on a 2nd topic at the same time then the quality of my answer will go down some of the time.
Personally I think these corporate presstitutes do this in order to reduce the amount of truely intellectual thinking that takes place in the mainstream media.
Mmm...

...I dunno. Giving someone multiple questions can tell someone where he's being lead. If anything, it's good manners.

What's really annoying is when you're asked something, and then you have to GUESS where you're being lead. It's much more personal if someone's upfront with you about controversial issues.

I understand the dual thinking argument, but... you can just say, "I don't see how that follows," if you're confused about the second question.

Perhaps this explains why a lot of people find my conversation annoying though. I tend to use this tactic all the time, sometimes asking three, four questions in a row.
not seeing the video, here are a few rules of thumb about interviewing politicians:

[1] at press conferences or press clubs, each reporter usually only gets 1 opportunity to stand up and ask a question - so naturally they bundle all the questions they want to ask together.

[2] questions to celebrity politicians are rarely intended to be answered at face value - they are more about the reporter making statements about the person they are questioning, and scoring political points of their own. Often the questions are either rhetorical questions that don't have any sensible answer..

[3] knowing politicians tendency to obfusticate, the interviewer may use the multiple question technique in the belief that the more questions they ask about an issue, the more chance there is of getting something resembling a relevant answer.

You don't know about people like Bob Menendez or R[…]

You haven't done that because you haven't backed […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I wonder how much is still there to dig out (and n[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

The United States has been and still is, very p[…]