How various media sources are perceived in America - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
mikema63 wrote:NPR is alright but I like the BBC too, though honestly I think everyone is trying to sell you something and no one really gives it completely straight.

They all do that. It's how they make money. Some sources however are a little more honest in how they divide opinion and reporting. If you want to navigate through the press, you have to have a keen eye and ear for objectivity.
My Top Four sources for everyday news is the Top Four on that list. Glad to see most others prefer them as well over others. I do know that NPR and PBS are heavily biased, though, but it isn't subtle enough to be dangerously misleading and easy to spot. The Economist is biased as well, but they cover such a wide gamut of topics every week they're probably the most informative magazine out there today so they get a pass.

The PBS World channel, however, has turned into an almost 24/7 propaganda channel, on a par with the Democracy Now! farce. Rather sad; it used to be a favorite of mine. No more.
Oberon wrote:The PBS World channel, however, has turned into an almost 24/7 propaganda channel, on a par with the Democracy Now! farce. Rather sad; it used to be a favorite of mine. No more.

What's wrong with Democracy Now!?

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]