The government-media relationship - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In light of dissent toward political regimes worldwide in 2011, is there yet more evidence of political ideals (stability, re-election, effective decision-making, etc) being manifest through media control?

http://pp-ideas.blogspot.com/2011/12/in ... world.html

I find the Chomsky-esque nature of the article (link above) informative and engaging. Though, like all writing which critiques how government and politics works, the discomfort factor sticks out more than anything else. No offence intended, but the general public don't always want to know how governments, (corruptly, 'democratically' or otherwise) get away with the decisions they make. Exposure of political corruption, I think, bears the risk of making an unquestioning, docile public more pessimistic about changing things. Especially if there is little real chance of making it happen. However, I agree with the idea that watching the government with a critical eye makes a big difference. What's your opinion?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wow, @Tainari88 , you really don't know anything […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]