Superbowl Anti-Abortion Ad - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/318364

Super Bowl viewers may be in for an unpleasant experience as one candidate for President prepares to run an ad showing images of aborted fetuses using a loophole in the FCC’s rules that permits such ads if endorsed by a candidate for federal office.

Warning: Video shows multiple graphic images of aborted fetuses.

Randall Terry, anti-abortion activist and Democratic candidate for President, is preparing to run political ads in the upcoming Super Bowl in at least 25 cities in an effort to take votes away from President Barack Obama.

Terry, who said in a fund-raising letter posted on his website that he was running for President to a be a voice for those babies who have no voice, is targeting Catholics and Evangelicals who voted for Obama in 2008. "I'm looking to create the debate over whether a Christian can ethically vote for Obama," said Terry.

The lifelong Republican, who changed parties to insure he would be able to run the ad in this year's Super Bowl, launched his campaign for president in January 2011 stating he planned to run the gruesome ads in key primary states during the most watched sporting event on television.

Terry told the Sunshine State News, "America has never truly debated child-killing, because America has never truly seen child-killing. We will use FEC and FCC laws for federal candidates to bring America face-to-face with this massacre of the innocents"

The 30-second political ad says: "Abortion is murder. The innocent blood of 50 million babies cries out to God from our sewers and landfills. We must make it a crime to murder them or Heaven will judge America. Christian's who vote for Obama knowing he promotes murder have blood on their hands. We must use our vote to protect babies."

Brian McDonough, General Manager for KY3 News, one of the station's where Terry has purchased airtime, said: "If Randall Terry was a normal advertiser, this ad would not air. It doesn't meet the community standards that we've established. But Terry, a long time anti-abortion advocate, is now a registered presidential candidate. We, under federal law, are obligated to run these ads. We cannot alter them, and we cannot reject them."

CNN reports Terry has chosen markets to air the controversial ad where he feels it will have the greatest impact. These include select cities in Missouri, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kentucky.

At least one blogger said "political posturing should be kept out of the Super Bowl." Bleacher Report's Timothy Rapp wrote, he was concerned Super Bowl advertisement will be targeted as a high profile avenue for airing a political agenda. "Let me enjoy my non-partisan, football holiday with friends and family," said Rapp. "Don't air an ad that is sure to spark debate in the room, or worse, create a mad scramble for politicians to use the platform of the Super Bowl to air an agenda every time they are eligible to do so."

The 46th Super Bowl, featuring the New England Patriots and the New York Giants, will be played on February 5th, 2012. Kickoff time is scheduled for 6:30EST / 5:30 CST and will be broadcast on NBC.

...so yea.

There's this ad that's going to air, and I was wondering if an anti-abortion ad would convince people why we all really watch football.

People root for teams they don't own any shares in, and we get caught up in this spectacle of admiring alphas who we don't know.

It's rather humiliating if you think about it, and to boot, watching football is something people use to stay motivated to work and connect with coworkers.

In the pro-life south, ironically, there aren't many NFL football teams. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

(Also if you're counting, don't include Miami, Jacksonville, or Tampa Bay. Florida doesn't count.)
Just imagine the little kids at home being subjected to such anti choice garbage. Perhaps the pro choicers should run an ad demanding that male Republicans keep their noses out of uteruses and let women control their own bodies.
Since when do pro-choicers care about the children?

Furthermore, what kind of culture sets up its children to admire pro-athletes and expect to prosper?

Oh wait, I forgot that America's education is going down the tubes. Why is that?

The labor market's falling apart too. No kidding, huh?
I see the hijacking of the term pro life, to anti choice and anti abortion.

I read an excellent point a while ago, that the possible undoing of the blase attitude towards abortion will be a youth exposed to vivid and graphic ultra sound images.

It do wonder what an entire generation of children will think of their female predecessors.
The sad thing is that Republicans act as if abortion is a legislative issue and run against it, for offices like governor, when it's actually become a judicial issue as of almost 50 years ago, so more often than not those running for office can't do anything about abortion that hasn't already been done. So abortion is a weapon of mass distraction employed by the 1% against the gullible to get them to vote for their bottom line profits.
Daktoria wrote:At least one blogger said "political posturing should be kept out of the Super Bowl."
I agree. They should instead run a blank screen with quotes from Beyond Good and Evil in flashing rainbow colours. Such blatant capitalist posturing, as is the norm, should be kept well away from core Western cultural events.
Daktoria wrote:Since when do pro-choicers care about the children?

You think that because people are pro choice, that means they don't care about any children? How wrong you are. It is obviously the lifers who don't care about children, given that they are forcing their anti abortion garbage upon them, protesting outside of abortion clinics with their children in tow, and in some cases have protested outside the schools where children of an abortion provider attend.

Let me guess, this is going to be one of THOSE thr[…]

Yours is not history, just tinfoil-hat nonsense[…]

That was weird

I was watching the evening news, and they were cov[…]

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]