People in Alabama and Mississippi think Obama is a Muslim - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/1 ... 38990.html

Ask President Barack Obama about his religious affiliation, and he's a Christian. Ask Mississippi or Alabama voters, and you might find a different answer.

In the midst of tight GOP primaries in both states, Public Policy Polling (PPP) has released information showing that a majority of voters in the Deep South do not see Obama as a Christian. PPP's Alabama survey of 600 likely GOP primary voters found that only 14 percent placed the president under that religious designation, while 45 percent said he is a Muslim and 41 percent answered that they were not sure.

A similar picture emerged in Mississippi. Of 656 likely GOP primary voters surveyed, 12 percent said Obama was a Christian, 52 percent classified him as a Muslim, and 36 percent fell in the "not sure" category.

I find it hilarious that people can scream and shout about Jeremiah Wright, while also screaming and shouting that Obama isn't Christian. He can't be a Muslim AND attend a black fundamentalist Christian church, just like he can't be destroying everything while doing nothing.

:roll:
pojut wrote:I find it hilarious that people can scream and shout about Jeremiah Wright, while also screaming and shouting that Obama isn't Christian. He can't be a Muslim AND attend a black fundamentalist Christian church, just like he can't be destroying everything while doing nothing.

:roll:

Define "destroying" reality and "nothing" real is harmed?

I was 24 years old and had been working 6 years when a new college graduate was hired to become a general manager of a district. When the people doing the job started explaining why his ideas wouldn't work in the physics of how things function, this young man simply replied, "i DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THE JOB TO MANAGE THE PEOPLE working it. Now go do it as I have instructed it gets done or find another job/career."

The business of societal evolution doesn't require understanding how survivial works naturally. That should ring instinctive alarms in every aspect of humanity's rule of law in the 4 theaters of growing society.
politics, religion, economics, and educating ancestors what to believe in every generation that becomes part of the moment's results taking place here all the time. Here being Earth.

As for the title of this thread, so what. Thinking doesn't harm anyone unless they act upon it. Act what actions would change their minds anyway once a 4th party planeted the notion in the first place and constantly makes an issue over the idea. I bet there are people all around the world besides Mississippi and Alabama that think the same thing. Especially in Islamic states of managed societal evolution.
Let's go along with the stupidly absurd notion that Obama is a secret Muslim.

So what?

All these idiots do is spew all day about Freedom and religious rights and how the Constitution is sacred above all things. What is the problem with a Muslim president, then? We've had Christian presidents when fighting Christian enemies.
One odd fact:

If Obama was in fact born and raised in a place like Egypt or Malaysia, he would be a Muslim because his father is a Muslim and in these places even if his mother attempted to raise him as a Christian such shift would not be recognized.

Oddly, you may find Muslims from very conservative streaks argue something similar.... We can all chuckle about that.

Also, one of the funnniest things in the world is when people make fun of conservatives with accents from the American south saying "Mooo-slims" because such a pronunciation is closer to the actual pronunciation of the name.

It reminds me of when Jon Stewart was making fun of a guy who was on an anti-immigration tangent five-six years ago and made fun of him for pronouncing the city's name as "Shang-hai" with an 'a' as in Harvard, because we all know really it is an a as in airplane, right? Several years later I heard it really was essentially a as in Harvard... Oh well.
Maas wrote:His name is Barack Obama. Where would they get the idea that he's a Muslim? :lol:

I doubt there would be any link if his name didn't sound a lot like Osama.
For all people otherwise would know it's just as well could be some tribal name like Kunta Kinte.

Barack Hussein Obama? That sounds Muslim to me.

In any case, his name is Barry Soetoro.
Zagadka wrote:Let's go along with the stupidly absurd notion that Obama is a secret Muslim.

So what?

All these idiots do is spew all day about Freedom and religious rights and how the Constitution is sacred above all things. What is the problem with a Muslim president, then? We've had Christian presidents when fighting Christian enemies.

people who spew about religious rights are not intelligent enough, and lack the integrity, to see how they are being duplicitous when they also do things like attempt to ban sharia law or outlaw the building of mosques in they're towns. They don't actually believe in religious freedom, they only want freedom for themselves. They are hypocrites, they have no values, they are nakedly aggresive and self-interested and don't give a shit about ethics.
DudeWhoGetsIt wrote:
people who spew about religious rights are not intelligent enough, and lack the integrity, to see how they are being duplicitous when they also do things like attempt to ban sharia law or outlaw the building of mosques in they're towns. They don't actually believe in religious freedom, they only want freedom for themselves. They are hypocrites, they have no values, they are nakedly aggresive and self-interested and don't give a shit about ethics.

"Despite us being told to be fruitful and multiply, we are taught that sex is an evil and dirty thing. Despite being told to love our neighbor, we continue to speak and show hatred towards them, and further try to impede on their rights to be happy, just because their vision and lifestyle of it doesn't match ours. We are being taught, from a very young age, to match the image of God deemed appropriate by one guy, whereas God wants us each to represent Him in His way."

Source: my buddy's little corner of the Internet.
pojut wrote:In any case, his name is Barry Soetoro.

2009 called. It wants you to http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp.

I posted that to add a little levity to the argument, but Snopes? Seriously? Snopes is usually a good site, but I've noticed over the past 3 years they've made critical errors in the political arena. No site is infallible. That said, I do get a kick out of the so-called "birthers" like the Hillary camp who started it, but I've also noticed inconsistencies in Obama's past as well. So who should we believe? Who knows? Using a word like 'Birthers' (like I just did) is like using the word 'Racist'. Both are meant to end the conversation without further discussion. I'm content in knowing that I will probably never get all the facts about Obama's past and that he is recognized the POTUS.

But back on topic: Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim name so I can see how people might think he's a Muslim. That is all.
Publius wrote:Sure, the Islamic faith says he's a Muslim, but you know what? Who the fuck cares. He isn't a practicing Muslim, he's a practicing Christian. That's all that matters, you paranoid nutjobs.

didn't you hear if he is Muslim he is not a real Merican.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]