The Assange Show - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Ombrageux
Is anyone watching this? It's pretty original and interesting experience. It's very personal and "ordinary", without the shownmanship and pretense of formal news interviews, like a few guys sitting around a table, maybe even having a beer. There are also less of the media's usual taboos.

* Episode 1: Hassan Nasrallah, leader of Hezbollah. Excellent interview, great to see a "rebel" Arab leader given an opportunity to describe and justify his policy, also has questions on his support for Syria and his Theism (strange question at the end from the I would guess Godless Assange).
* Episode 2: David Horowitz vs. Slavoj Zizek. Debate between a hysterical neoconservative and postmodern communist. Predictable but a bit pointless. Look into the writhing, scarred depths of the conspiratorial winger's brain at your own risk.
* Episode 3: Moncef Marzouki, the new democratic President of Tunisia. Very good, on torture, censorship, Guantánamo, Syria, on going from human rights activist to political leader.

[mb edit: this show is of superior quality and I thereby move it to the media section for all time]
By Nets
* Episode 1: Hassan Nasrallah, leader of Hezbollah. Excellent interview, great to see a "rebel" Arab leader given an opportunity to describe and justify his policy, also has questions on his support for Syria and his Theism (strange question at the end from the I would guess Godless Assange).

I watched this, Nasrallah wouldn't answer a single question directly.

Edit: Why does Zizek keep rubbing his nose? Is he on blow or something?
By Ombrageux
I've always found Zizek physically repulsive and verbally incomprehensible (What's his point in anything he says?). #WoudLikeToLikeHim
By Suska
I like that Assange isn't going away, this format is very smart. Zizek gets more interesting all the time.
By Ombrageux
Blue Pupper - Come to think of it, a Terrorist drone attack in central London ordered secretly by the President of the United States of America really I think would do a lot of good in terms of getting people to understand what their government is doing overseas. It would work best if there were some regrettable collateral damage.
By redcarpet
Great stuff. This is what journalism really is!
By KlassWar
Nets wrote:Edit: Why does Zizek keep rubbing his nose? Is he on blow or something?

Probably. Then again, plenty intellectuals snort coke: Not a big deal, really.
By pugsville
My friends tell me I met Assange when he was part of the RMIT hacker/nerd scene like myself. But I cant remember him, knew the crowd he was running with, we looked down on their ego manic hacker ways, as the old school nerds (like we were 2 years older but we connected to a different era).
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

At this point it is obvious that Israel and the Ne[…]

Well here is how this is going to work Skinster. […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Losing money is one thing, losing a whole brigade[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Wait a moment, I'll just quickly pick up the weapo[…]