One Black Guy in Every Commercial - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Don't see a problem. I do with the 'conservative' poster
seemingly calling gay characters in TV shows
'sodomites' though.
It helps sell your product if you place a visible minority in an irrelevant background role which is nonetheless visible to the general public.

Hotels have understood this for years, placing well-groomed visible minorities at the high-visibility/low authority front desk.

And this tokenism works for American foreign policy as well.
QatzelOk wrote:It helps sell your product if you place a visible minority in an irrelevant background role which is nonetheless visible to the general public.

Hotels have understood this for years, placing well-groomed visible minorities at the high-visibility/low authority front desk.

And this tokenism works for American foreign policy as well.

As opposed to unkempt and unsightly minorities
I especially like the "one black guy on the college brochure". As a college student, I can say that diversity is a thing that colleges take pride in. Every university wants to look good in the eyes on the media, and putting diverse students in a college brochure may be a good way to advertise this. Although it's good to see diversity in TV commercials and college brochures, it's apparent that underlying racism still exists. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have to point out that there is "one black guy" in a commercial. He's just another actor in the commercial.
sjf5224 wrote:I especially like the "one black guy on the college brochure". As a college student, I can say that diversity is a thing that colleges take pride in.

I wonder if Black college such as Morehouse or Xavier feature the one token White student on their brochures
maz wrote:As opposed to unkempt and unsightly minorities

Many black people are very poor, and don't dress or act up to the uptight suburban snottiness that most whites expect from service institutions.

So you get a freeze-dried, bleached African American who talks like he learned English watching Canadian TV.

Like Obama - who sounds like he had his tongue dry-cleaned when he "eloques."
QatzelOk wrote:Many black people are very poor, and don't dress or act up to the uptight suburban snottiness that most whites expect from service institutions.

So you get a freeze-dried, bleached African American who talks like he learned English watching Canadian TV.

Like Obama - who sounds like he had his tongue dry-cleaned when he "eloques."

I had always hoped that Obama would pull a 180 on everyone and start acting like JJ from the 1970's television program "Good Times" once he got elected, but alas, he did not

maz wrote:I had always hoped that Obama would pull a 180 on everyone and start acting like JJ from the 1970's television program "Good Times" once he got elected, but alas, he did not

Any kind of real-life black person could never be made US president by the banking dictators.

Obama is just a feel-good mascot. He got elected by a population raised on The Jeffersons, and Good Times, rather than being educated. So they voted for tokenism, rather than for the interests of the nation (which we have all been de-educated to not understand).

His dry-cleansed mannerisms are a sign that he is dancing for his bankster masters - keepin' it fake.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]