Movie Blockbuster....on the planet Mars.. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hello. If James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Francis Ford Copala, Glen Larson and Disney Studios etc. got together would it be possible for them to make on movie on Mars..the planet? I have heard of director's going to exotic locations..but would actually being there have money making potential for the movie? Could they raise money for such a venture? It would be a movie for the ages I would think. Sort of a real worlds Rader's of the Lost Ark or some other action flick.

Where would you go to get questions like this answered?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC
Hello. Thanks for the response. To be somewhat harsh..and 'honest'.. absolutely, nowhere near, not even close, no where in the ballbark ( boy I'm really hard to please..very unsatisfied with everything).

I am looking for a really and truly TOTAL ACTION FLICK!!!
Bye
SC
P.S. I am aware of 'those' issues.....
Dagoth Ur wrote:You know we have a bunch of barren deserts on Earth too right?
Sure. But none with just the right tint of pink from iron oxide. And nowhere on earth are you likely to find that pink sky at the horizon that fades into black at the zenith. So what would it take to get a film crew to the Red Planet? I'm gonna throw a wild guess out there...maybe a couple of hundred billion dollars and ten years of engineering development, conservatively. Could a flick recoup that kind of cost? It would make Heaven's Gate look like a student indie production by comparison.
Hello..just a quick reply..whether right or wrong. I do not think there could be found or could be artificially created a qualitative replacement for being there.
Hmm..I think I remember this line in a movie once. Porsha...there is no substitute!!!!

Bye
G.
P.S. Hmm..lets start the petition!

Note: It doesn't cost THAT much.
Dagoth Ur wrote:You know we have a bunch of barren deserts on Earth too right?

I've always reckoned this was taken somewhere in the Mojave . . .

Image And there's a bit of string above that round thing in the background or I'm a Dutchman.

Actually, I’m a Communist. An orthodox Marxist-Le[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

After the battle of Cannae, Rome was finished. It[…]