Let us all pray. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By OllytheBrit
"Songs of Praise goes multi-denominational - Mr Ahmed, the BBC’s first Muslim head of religion ( my emoticon), said he had travelled door-to-door with the corporation’s licence-fee collectors noting that, of growing numbers of fee-payers from areas such as Eastern Europe, “a lot of them are religious”.

Like anyone from Eastern Europe pays the bloody licence fee. They probably don't even know what it is. They probably don't know what the BBC is!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... ience.html

FFS I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
By Rei Murasame
The only upshot to that ongoing disaster of a programme that no one ever watches, is that it will never be taken over by the Muslims, because Muslims don't have a real concept of public musical groups and 'worship leading' in the sense that other religions have it, and thus cannot wend their way into that programme's format.

So the bad news is that Songs of Praise still exists and is still being annoying. But the good news is that at least it hasn't turned Islamic.

It could be worse.
Last edited by Rei Murasame on 16 Nov 2014 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
By OllytheBrit
Rei Murasame wrote:The only upshot to that ongoing disaster of a programme that no one ever watches, is that it will never be taken over by the Muslims, because Muslims don't have a real concept of public musical groups and 'worship leading' in the sense that other religions have it, and thus cannot wend their way into that programmes format.

So the bad news is that Songs of Praise still exists and is still being annoying. But the good news is that at least it hasn't turned Islamic.

'Softlee, softlee, catchee monkey'?
By Rei Murasame
OllytheBrit wrote:'Softlee, softlee, catchee monkey'?

Well, there is the slow-motion jihad factor, yes. So there's always the chance that I'll be made to eat those words at a future date if left-liberals have their way.

They could just change the format in such a way that it allows Muslims to take it over, but let's not give them any horrible ideas about that.

Yesterday, 25 April, on the day of Italy’s liberat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whatever he is as leader of Azerbaijan, he is righ[…]

A lot of Russians vacationing in Mexico. I have[…]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMCdypUXU[…]