We ARE in fact brainwashed - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
A lot of mass media products have made fun of the concept of "brainwashing," often depicting it as the work of goofy mad scientists with spinning pop-art pinwheels.

But we really are all exposed to brainwashing through commercial advertising.

The two main psychological weapons of advertising (and other propaganda media) are transference and repetition.

This combination can actually "erase" the natural emotions and empathy of millions of human minds simultaneously, and could thus be said to have "washed brains."

It's not sci fi craziness. It's our sad reality.

This isn't what brainwashing looks like. This is what commercial media (brainwashers) want you to think it looks like. They want you to think brainwashing looks crazy like this so that you'll then think that you can identify and protect yourself from it.

What brainwashing actually looks like is a Pepsi logo at a ball stadium or a cellphone's appearance at the climax of a movie. And we've all been having a hard time protecting ourselves from that.

[youtube]ib-Qiyklq-Q[/youtube]
The 60s generation saw this ad thousands of times while watching popular TV shows
Thanks for the information. I could never figure this out without your help. You're the smartest poster on PoFo.

Maybe next time we can combo my complexity with your simplicity and really annihilate the veil, eh? You get the PoFo crowd in a trance-like state, I'll slide in with relative translation, reference-based language, virtual denial of reality, and hashtags.

We need to collaborate and create the Infantilization of Domesticated Cats.

How about that popular pattern psychosis? The entire world gets a coke hand in hand, let's rejoice and sing Kumbayah, we are the world generation
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 03 Apr 2015 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with a little propaganda and brainwashing. It just has to be directed in the right way, and make people believe that they themselves had the idea that you want to convey.

Besides you're just trying to target the anti-brainwashing demographic.

[youtube]3_VWXMFGsTo[/youtube]
Let us never forget that one of the first mind control technologies/techniques used to change the behavior of an entire group of people is the mechanical clock. If you give a group of people the same calendar & time, you can establish mass mind control thereafter. Billions of people wake up to the same day and time schedule managed by external overlords that dictate how life forms will react inside time and space. Time, in the mechanical sense is a metaphor, it has no real meaning beyond arranging how human beings move inside space. Of course, this was rather helpful before electricity. The synchronization of human activity and celestial cycles had been used to create a civilized hive of being/civilized organism.

People today wake up and say, "today is Monday," and then they go about their day confronted by co-conspirators who reinforce this sentiment by acting as anthropogenic triggers recycling cultural myth and continuously confirming the popular doctrine or psychological psychosis labeled- group-think.

To elucidate the washing of the mind, you may find many macro & micro operations in use right now, look for them.
It does fall right in line with the illusions of debt and money. As soon as we started chronicling who owed what to who and how much more they owe because of when it was due, then a need for time tracking becomes extremely necessary, that way the whole machine can be nice and orderly. The righteous indignation of the haves against the have nots needed a clock and plenty of paperwork to backup the fiction of a past that constantly ceases to exist and a future that fails to exhaust itself.
kobe wrote:It does fall right in line with the illusions of debt and money. As soon as we started chronicling who owed what to who and how much more they owe because of when it was due, then a need for time tracking becomes extremely necessary, that way the whole machine can be nice and orderly. The righteous indignation of the haves against the have nots needed a clock and plenty of paperwork to backup the fiction of a past that constantly ceases to exist and a future that fails to exhaust itself.
Sure, that does fall right in line, especially with technological progress and one culture's historical narrative. If a leader of a tribe can compare today's technical innovation to yesterday's technical backwardness, he can then falsely exert the idea that real progress is being made and his administration may have something to do with it. We need to track our achievement & exploit. Even if the clock had been originally implemented to help monks secure routine/ritual.
The clock isn't a form of brainwashing, so much as a method of social control. Which also sucks but isn't the same thing.

I'm talking about how our environment is saturated with propaganda messages.

And I'm wondering if it even goes as far as erasing our natural feelings. The clock didn't erase minds the way billboards-pop music-television-logo-pop-up does by saturating your attention with enticing and colorful attention grabbers. Car horns for your concentration.

You are feeling very, very distracted....

Remember this feeling the next time you see our logo

And I'm wondering if it even goes as far as erasing our natural feelings. The clock didn't erase minds the way billboards-pop music-television-logo-pop-up does by saturating your attention with enticing and colorful attention grabbers. Car horns for your concentration.

I did a little opinion piece on how media can program our emotional reaction and eventually override our intellectual thoughts.
The chemical arrangement inside each brain tends to be dependent on external stimuli. Cognitive conditioning can strengthen or weaken synaptic bridges when we engage in & repeat the same method of behavior. The human mind is malleable, neuroplasticity allows us to be very adaptable and very stubborn. For the repetition builds its own repeated model of reception. In theory, the information promulgator is deeply embedded and involved in building synaptic pathways. These pathways manifest through psychogenic interactions with the world. Every manifestation of brain activity must go through the intellectual & emotional areas of our mind's electric tapestry.

... &

You may understand, the subliminal pattern recognition that occurs and passes on as an intellectual fruition can be programmed by the environment. The conscious mind over matter procedure will use critical thinking skills relying on the areas of our brain that deal with visible computations, but the subconscious matter over mind procedure will use emotional skills relying on the areas of our brain that deal with reflexive and invisible computations. Whereas to clarify this idea, I am saying that the emotional reflex is hardwired and automatic, and the intellectual reflex is trained and manually exhumed.

My hypothesis- Media as an external environment subconsciously involves us through emotional ploy operating on an instinctual level absorbed through the human sensory system. Anyone can intellectually refute an advertisement, but the underlying assault that stimulates the emotional centers of our brain slips by the well-coordinated defense of enlightened thought. Consider it a loophole, where your eyes are wide shut.

Artificial mediums build behavior models by infiltrating your emotions, the emotions go on to change your intellectual life. Popular pattern psychosis is a form of groupthink, and it has little to do with higher cognitive functions. Emotional information will change the chemical balance of an individual through repeated exposure to emotional models of behavior. Like the intellect, we need to train our emotional centers to defend against the subconscious information field we encounter everyday.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=161131

You are feeling very, very distracted....

Technology can be the distraction, but I understand that you are referring to the content inside the medium.
Do you believe in denial, or is denial one absolute value found within your mind's I? When you interact with artificial external realities (technological spheres that create the illusion of depth) you find that you are completely numb to natural external realities. The detachment of one sense in isolation from the others can produce hypnotic tranquility, but you must ignore the organic interplay occurring around you always just to appreciate the illusion of depth.

The radio signal isolates your inner ear, pacifying your eyes. When the radio signal infiltrates and vibrates it creates an illusion of simultaneity giving depth to the experience of hearing... Yet the radio's signal lags behind the now and the organic eternal moment that engages all senses at once. Therefore, to experience life through the technology of radio, you must live in denial of each natural moment. Translating any experience through artificial external realities (technology) requires a fragmented sense of the world around you.

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=161014&start=20

I believe that the medium or hardware distracts our senses while the content or software slips inside our subconscious. This is all followed by projection by every person who represses the information subliminally obtained.

This is why I've been passionately denouncing virtual reality. Virtual reality will be one advertising matrix/pure brain washing platform.
This is why I've been railing against the automation of life through technology & the internet of things. Advertisements will be on our fridges, washers, windows, cars, etc. Sure, the GDP will continue to be a sped up algorithm of mass production and mass consumption, but what will become of the human being biologically evolving alongside this kind of inclusive propaganda?

Wallstreet wishes to manufacture your wants & desires and then automate the consumption of your wants & desires. As we become digital avatars (online representation of our international consumer identity) avatars will embody our likes and dislikes, while computers monitor the interactions we have with our environment, continuously meeting any new want or desire with perfect product placement anywhere anytime.
Qatz wrote:What brainwashing actually looks like is a Pepsi logo at a ball stadium or a cellphone's appearance at the climax of a movie. And we've all been having a hard time protecting ourselves from that.

Pfffttt...

That's not brainwashing...

A woman with make-up...that's brainwasning...that's advertising...
It's the sad reality. I find it particularly frustrating when medias convey disinformation messages on political topics and i hate all these assholes who fall for these traps. The thing i hate the most is that i'm sometimes myself one of these assholes
Great post . Years ago before the Internet age . Short wave radio was the refuge of the politicals . But everyone said a different story . So we had to listen to all and attribute weights to each story . And take averages ! Soon you will have wireless mind to mind communication . Instant mass telepathy . No room for secrets . Or demons .
QatzelOk wrote:But we really are all exposed to brainwashing through commercial advertising.

I wouldn't argue that ADVERTISING is not a form of brainwashing ... but it's no big secret, they even give popular awards for it. But it doesn't make you Sirhan Sirhan ... If MASS brainwashing really interests you? Start researching North Korea.

Zam

-For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him will believeth in anything-
Hitchens 3:16
I think i shall rename Monday to Cassandra.
Tuesday shall be Rita.
Wednesday shall be WED NES DAY. NOT wensday.
Thursday shall be Sandra
Friday shall be Deborah.
Saturday shall be Andrea
Sunday shall be Anna.
The scary thing about this form of "brainwashing" it that most of the population don't know that they are brainwashed.

Yes brain washing is a big problem. Take Iraq. Removing Saddam and instituting Shia majority rule with autonomy for the Kurds is about as straightforward and clear cut a case of the doing the right thing as its possible to get. But by continually going out and blowing up Shia women and children the Sunni Arab terrorists and their Sunni Muslim terrorist supporters around the world were able to brain wash impressionable young westerners into believing that we were at fault and it was the Sunni Muslim terrorist filth that were actually in the right.

When the scum of ISIS, Al Qaeda and the Taliban commit to some new media targeted outrage so many westerners have been brain washed to immediately ask, "What have we done to cause this?" despite the fact that its essentially the same Muslim terrorists have been carrying on for fourteen hundred years.
To escape from the hypnotic state the television should be binned..
Most of the population are hypnotised, sleep-walking and cannot see outside their conditioned reality-tunnel. When we awaken from this hypnotic state we perceive nothing but myths and superstition.

I agree completely. I've become a guy who eats his spaghetti with homemade gravy (not the stuff you get out of jars for your Sunday gravy), I've become a "waste management consultant" with a large waistline and I fuck women all the time in hotel rooms who later on call my wife while drunk, I have Twin Peaks/8 1/2-style dreams a lot, and I like to get drunk and hang out near the train tracks with my cop buddies while also fucking hookers and trying to find the Greek.
anarchist23 wrote:To escape from the hypnotic state the television should be banned... Most of the population are hypnotised, sleep-walking and cannot see outside their conditioned reality-tunnel.

You nailed it ... but to be picky, I think "cannot" should be -do not-. Human perception extends beyond the conscious mind and irregularities are noted by the unconscious. When they accumulate to a significant quantity, we begin to manifest sub conscious reactions that impinge on conscious reality leaving us dazed and confused. Unfortunately, those who do awaken are often preyed upon by manipulative agenda's lying in wait for them.

(u seen any of those around here?)

Zam

-We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules- Alan Bennett,
Contemporary culture requires automatons. Mass slavery is increasing and man has become a willing wage slave. He is fond of his slavery and needs no chains, he is proud of it. He is not free at all and is brainwashed.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]