Is media really ethical - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By manishsqrt
My personal view is that media is puppet in hands of politicians.I often get disputes with media personal, i think they play with democracy on the orders of politicians for the lust of money.What is your opinion.My opinion is due to the recent elections in india i had very bad experience.It looked to me as if media purchased the government for BJP.
By fuser
manishsqrt wrote:My opinion is due to the recent elections in india i had very bad experience.It looked to me as if media purchased the government for BJP.

The media-politician-corporate nexus is always at work, free media in India like anywhere is a myth, the euphoria for Modi and so called Gujarat model was artificially generated by media for couple of years before election and then BJP out-competed its competitor in the matters of money coupled with sheer arrogance of Congress amidst various corruption scandal and failure at forming of various progressive parties in creating a third front to provide real alternative than same old BJP-Congress, the victory for BJP had became a certainty.
The ethics of media seem questionable. Once media grow beyond a press or even a single PC on a network, media's first goal seems to become to survive to print another day. @ the level of 24/7 massive cable TV news networks, the pressures of maintaining the beast seem to overwhelm even the best of intentions, & MO is that several of the contenders started out with Scheiss intentions to begin with.

I don't know enough about India's press situation - nor their general nor political situations. But I would tend to look to lone wolves for truth, & remember to keep an eye on them. As the operations of lone wolves become successful & more mainstream, they too are subject to political & economic pressure. In the case of the good-hearted among them, it's access to networks that's usually the pressure point. Up until recently, it was credit, access to the market for ink & paper stock.

Times do change, but not necessarily for the better. You still have to keep an eye on people & institutions.
Because America lost all moral credibility to be world leader the western media can't be trusted because of the same reason.
As a matter of fact the mainstream media became nothing else but an integral part of the western empire war machine that has only one think on it's agenda and it's, as Michael Moore said, "Where to invade next".
First they send Media to vilify a government of sovereign country, next are NGO activities, then Colour revolution organizers. Finally there is again media to prize democracy of new puppet government.

It is so boring, really nothing new in the west.

@ingliz I know you want this disgusting ideology[…]

He's a parasite

This is another one: https://www.youtube.com/shor[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]

Seems like the Left in Western European countri[…]