How did Fake News go wrong on the Election? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The video responses are further proof why liberals should never be in charge of government.

That being said, there are only a few things in life more enjoyable than watching a liberal whining about losing a presidential election, especially when they thought their leftist idol Hillary was a mortal lock to win. :lol:
Newsflash: People get upset when their preferred party loses a very close election! SCANDAL!

Apparently journalists aren't allowed to have emotions, because Fox News and Breitbart are completely unbiased and never bitched about losing ever.

Now, if you're quite done waving your arms screaming to distract people from Trump's disaster train, it would be nice if you could make a post that doesn't involve spamming YouTube videos.
Zagadka wrote:Newsflash: People get upset when their preferred party loses a very close election! SCANDAL!

Apparently journalists aren't allowed to have emotions, because Fox News and Breitbart are completely unbiased and never bitched about losing ever.

Now, if you're quite done waving your arms screaming to distract people from Trump's disaster train, it would be nice if you could make a post that doesn't involve spamming YouTube videos.

ha ha oldest trick in the book distract and distract

not working
What am I distracting from? That Hillary lost? No shit.

More concerned with Trump murderkilling everyone.

EDIT

So you're all basically resorting to "haha you lost" instead of giving half a shit about what Trump is doing. Nice. There's a playground in the grade school down the street I can interest you in, but promise not to accept candy from strangers.
How did the fake news media get the 2016 election so wrong?

Easy, they lied to us.

The most common trick the media pulled in 2016 was to over-sample registered Democrats to create a story. Democrats will tend to vote for Clinton and Republicans will tend to vote Trump. By asking more people that will likely vote for Clinton their preference, you will get a poll showing her winning.

Why did the media do this?

They are bought and paid for.

The Clinton campaign was working closely with the media, telling the media what to report.
Maddow and Hardball are not journalists. They're pundits at worst and talk show hosts at best.

So it's not even news; maybe news analysis, but nothing more.

Hard news, journalism, is something else. It is what the AP, what portions of the NYT, what some parts of Fox do. It delivers facts without commentary.

Fake news is the above, but about stuff that never happened. An FBI agent looking at Hillary wound up dead. The Pope supports Donald Trump. The Pope thinks Trump is the Antichrist. This is garbage dressed up to look like news that has no factual basis.

I'd have more sympathy for rightwingers if they knew how to use words. Instead it's feeling expression over and over using whatever is handy to distribute their precious feels.

Can we at least use actual language?
The Immortal Goon wrote:Maddow and Hardball are not journalists. They're pundits at worst and talk show hosts at best.

So it's not even news; maybe news analysis, but nothing more.

I am glad you realize this. However, many people believe their propaganda as if they were reporting actual facts.
They did not get away with the fake propaganda in this election, because Trump is a different kind of candidate and would not roll over and play dead when they attacked him. Trump had the courage to stand up for truth and exposed their biased lies.
The Trump of God sounded the warning to the people and they responded and the liberal news media went down in defeat.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
There is no such thing as "fake news". It's just a spin that the right wing tries to place on news that doesn't say what they want it to say, about their god hero Trump. They try to delegitimize real news in favour of propaganda.

"alternate facts" is just another way of saying 'LIES'.
Godstud wrote:There is no such thing as "fake news". It's just a spin that the right wing tries to place on news that doesn't say what they want it to say, about their god hero Trump. They try to delegitimize real news in favour of propaganda.

"alternate facts" is just another way of saying 'LIES'.

Keep your nose out of our politics in the USA and keep it in your own country.
Hindsite wrote:Keep your nose out of our politics in the USA and keep it in your own country.
The truth hurts, doesn't it? I must have hit a nerve.

This is an international forum. If you don't like it, YOU can go away.
Zagadka wrote:What am I distracting from? That Hillary lost? No shit.

More concerned with Trump murderkilling everyone.

EDIT

So you're all basically resorting to "haha you lost" instead of giving half a shit about what Trump is doing. Nice. There's a playground in the grade school down the street I can interest you in, but promise not to accept candy from strangers.

If you take your fingers out of your ears for a minute you will not hear that ( haha you lost). Trump hasn't been president for 2 months, your overreaction to 55 days in office isn't logical less very mature simply distracting from the liberals loss. And just because you are upset the election was won fare and square and the people spoke, please refrain from the insults and rather strange and oddly timed grade school and candy references.

back on topic....this as a "Trump disaster train " and "murderkilling everyone " ( you forgot Bernie Sanders "thousands of people will die") This narrative is simply not true, it is scare tactics, evidence of desperation. The media is making giant virtual ice cold jugs of it , cherry, seems to be the most popular flavor.
Hindsite wrote:I am glad you realize this. However, many people believe their propaganda as if they were reporting actual facts.

What is this horseshit? You are the person that labeled this as any kind of news in the first place.

In other threads, you've also been quick to pull out Hannity or some other garbage to support your snowflake feelings.
Hindsite wrote:I am glad you realize this. However, many people believe their propaganda as if they were reporting actual facts.
They did not get away with the fake propaganda in this election, because Trump is a different kind of candidate and would not roll over and play dead when they attacked him. Trump had the courage to stand up for truth and exposed their biased lies.
The Trump of God sounded the warning to the people and they responded and the liberal news media went down in defeat.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

Saint Trump can do no wrong is no longer an argument. He's in office now so his programs should he judged on their merits. The problem is his ideas suck. He's Bush with a wrecking ball.
The Immortal Goon wrote:What is this horseshit? You are the person that labeled this as any kind of news in the first place.

In other threads, you've also been quick to pull out Hannity or some other garbage to support your snowflake feelings.

I could have labeled it MSNBC instead of Fake, but I thought the general term was more inclusive and would allow for more discussion. Hannity has clearly atated what he does and that he does not claim to be a journalist. But I have heard at least one on MSNBC morning show with Joe that believed it was their" job to control exactly what people think" and was angry with Trump for interfering.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]