Herb Schiller Reads the New York Times - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Communications expert Herb Schiller dissects the New York Times newspaper of record in these classic PTTV episodes. Schiller is the perfect blend of level-headed professorial presentation of the facts and the irreverent media industry myth smashing, a balance that is the hallmark of Paper Tiger productions. A biting analysis of the New York Times’ cultural, political and economical hegemony in setting the agenda that shapes the news and culture industry. Shot in both black and white and color video. Do you know where your brains are? Schiller was an American media critic, sociologist, author, and scholar. He warned of two major trends in his prolific writings and speeches: the private takeover of public space and public institutions at home, and U.S. corporate domination of cultural life abroad, especially in the developing nations. His eight books and hundreds of articles in both scholarly and popular journals made him a key figure both in communication research and in the public debate over the role of the media in modern society.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]