Tucker Carlson out at Fox News - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.

The network that fired Don Lemon, CNN wrote:Tucker Carlson out at Fox News

CNN — Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the right-wing extremist who used his prime time perch at the talk network to exert a firm grip over the Republican Party, have severed ties, the network said in a stunning announcement that rocked the media and political worlds Monday.

“We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” Fox News said in a short statement that did not offer an explanation for his ouster, adding only that his last show was on Friday, April 21.

Carlson, the highest-rated single host at Fox News, did not respond to multiple requests for comment. The decision to part ways with Carlson was made Friday evening by Fox Corporation chief executive Lachlan Murdoch and Fox News chief executive Suzanne Scott, a person familiar with the matter said...

A lot of "leftwing" staples are rejoicing that Tucker's voice is no longer on a major platform.

And although I don't consider myself a right-winger, I liked a lot of Tucker Carlson's interviews, and I found that his show wasn't easily pigeon-holed in any particular political camp.

If it hadn't been for Tucker, I would never have given Fox News even five minutes of my time.

Why do we have to dumb down all our news networks so that they fit into the narrow confines of our decadent political oligarchies?

1. It is because narrow-minded billionaires own most of our media, and they have no time for ideas, only for money-making narratives?

2. Or is it because "the truth" is strictly forbidden on the farm we call "our nation"?

3. Or Other, I don't know, didn't answer?
QatzelOk wrote:Image

A lot of "leftwing" staples are rejoicing that Tucker's voice is no longer on a major platform.

And although I don't consider myself a right-winger, I liked a lot of Tucker Carlson's interviews, and I found that his show wasn't easily pigeon-holed in any particular political camp.

If it hadn't been for Tucker, I would never have given Fox News even five minutes of my time.

Why do we have to dumb down all our news networks so that they fit into the narrow confines of our decadent political oligarchies?

1. It is because narrow-minded billionaires own most of our media, and they have no time for ideas, only for money-making narratives?

2. Or is it because "the truth" is strictly forbidden on the farm we call "our nation"?

3. Or Other, I don't know, didn't answer?

Tucker Carlson and "the truth"?

Sorry that more than a stretch
Although Tucker has built up his own brand, although he has had this prime spot on a very powerful platform owned by a very powerful man, Tucker has undoubtedly spoke truth to power. Tucker has been willing to take on the pharmaceutical industrial complex. In the same way that an industrial military complex must sometimes create war and conflict and undermine peace and harmony in order to secure its wealth, power, status and growth, so must the pharaceutacal-sickness industrial complex destroy our health in order to secure its wealth, power, status and growth.

New issues new events can bring about new ideological coalitions, some temporary, some of a longer duration. The conflict in Ukraine has created a new love in between the progressive liberal establishment and the old classical liberal establishment. It has created an unholy alliance between the Neo Cons and the Cultural Marxist establishment. It has synthesised a new racist bigotry that has appeal to both left leaning and right leaning people. It has taken the ideology of Mein Kampf and refocused it on the Russians, appealing to the bigotry and prejudices of conservatives and liberals.

Tucker Carlson has also dared to speak truth to this new powerful Neo Nazi alliance.
By kicking Tucker Carlson off of Fox News, they have only validated him. He'll find a new platform in no time, as I am sure many people want a pundit who will draw in millions of viewers. The only question is about who can afford him.

I don't think Fox News was justified in dismissing Carlson, but dumb decisions occur all the time.
I like Tucker Carlson and dislike him being let go from the network. I feel the man told a lot of truth and the way things are. I live overseas and so see Carlson’s show on YouTube.

I don’t really understand why he was “singled out” more than anyone else there. Laura Ingraham was after him and her show was the same as his. The same stuff, the same stories. Or Hannity or Jesse “the fuck” Watters. (If an expletive is not allowed on this forum, excuse me, but that’s my name for the guy). They all parrot the same stuff.

So why was Tucker singled out? Also (I don’t know) don’t FOX have writers who give the presenters what to say and they say it? Here is the script, the top stories, here it is, present them. It isn’t that Tucker wrote his own copy and presented it. But so don’t know, because Tucker was actually anti-war and anti-pharma. But I don’t know his freedom to say what he wanted on his show.

In the end, Carlson is only two years younger than me and made enough money in just one year on his show for me to live well the rest of my life. But I am not him and am sure that he had luxurious expenses he is used to which is now gone. But he should be OK. It’s not like getting fired from Burger King.
QatzelOk wrote:any particular political camp

Fascism

It is not that difficult...

1. The cult of tradition

2. The rejection of modernism

3. The cult of action for action’s sake

“Thinking is a form of emasculation”

4. Disagreement is treason

“The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism”

5. Fear of difference

“Fascism is racist by definition”

6. Appeal to social frustration

“The appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups”

7. The obsession with a plot

"Followers must feel besieged"

8. The enemy is both strong and weak

"By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, enemies are simultaneously too strong and too weak"

9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy

10. Contempt for the weak

11. Machismo and weaponry

12. Selective populism

"In which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented as the Voice of the People"

13. Newspeak

"The use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning"

* See Umberto Eco's essay Ur-Fascism
ingliz wrote:Fascism

I think you're supposed to spell it with a lower case 'f' "fascism" when referring to the general category. In my view lower case fascism is an almost completely empty signifier. Why has the illusion of this new phenomena appearing after WWI become so dominant? I think it due to two things. Universal male suffrage had been established as a norm. A norm against which any anti democratic movement had to reference itself and justify itself. The big three axis powers were seen to be anti democratic. What really united these countries was their desire to revisit the end of WWI settlement.

When the left wing Marxist Soviet Union ended up in a war with Germany and Italy the illusion of fascism became dominant. If you look at the numerous anti democratic or weakly democratic regimes that been established, it should be quite clear there is no special right wing racist, imperialist phenomena of fascism. There is no clear boundary what so ever between fascism, non fascist right wing authoritarianism and left wing authoritarianism.
pugsville wrote:Tucker Carlson and "the truth"?
Sorry that more than a stretch

Obviously, no political commentator has a monopoly on the truth, nor do any of them restrict themselves to 100% true speech. But Tucker Carlson provides an interesting spin on the news of the day because it's different from most other commentators. Heretics are important when you are trying to understand the news from multiple angles.

ingliz wrote:Fascism

It is not that difficult...

1. The cult of tradition

2. The rejection of modernism

Your list is too essentialized.

The First Nations rejected a lot of modern notions, and were very attached to their traditions. So were they "fascist" and is that why the modern tradition-busting colonists from Europe killed so many of them? Were the genocidal settler-colonialists just fighting fascism? Is this jihad-against-fascism TM (however powerful entities define it) sort of like the Doctrine of Discovery of the Catholic Church?

I think your cut-and-paste "opinion" demonstrates the importance of having heretics as part of one's political commentary diet.
This story is a perennial.

Nearly a hundred years ago, the Rev Coughlin was a populist, fascist, star that had more influence than Tucker ever had.

We get one about once a generation. Before Tucker there was Rush.

They all get the boot because their radicalism gets old. Not among their dupes, I mean followers, but what we used to call the Establishment. The Revevend's superior retired, and when the new guy found out how deeply he was involved with the Fascists, he ordered him to quit.

Rush stepped on too many toes. Legislators that would seek his approval stopped talking to him. Turns out they didn't like being screwed. When he started, he was funny. I used to listen to him, because he got famous bashing the Right more than the Dems. No, he was extreme Right wing, but for extremists the worst crime is apostasy. He was also careless. He simply made stuff up (sound familiar?) and when he broke agreements he had made with Republican politicians... that pissed them off.

Anyway...

As a court has already determined, Fox simply made shit up. Tucker got too hot to handle, and they showed him the door. That's what always happens.
late wrote:...They all get the boot because their radicalism gets old...

If a commercial network ever needs a spokesperson to explain why popular hosts get fired, you might be a good candidate.

The notion that specific political commentators are "radical" because they don't follow exactly the same thinking as everyone else... is very commercial. The billionaire owners feel the *need* to always be in control of the narrative.

And the notion that a commentator "gets old" and needs to be swept away by some new fashion... is also very mindless and commercial. Don't let anyone think about anything for too long. Keep spinning those shells in your shell game of lies.

In the next few years, the half of the population known as *the deplorables* might get the boot when their "radicalism" (ie. no more wars for the empire, proper social programs for all) gets oldTM.
QatzelOk wrote:

The notion that specific political commentators are "radical" because they don't follow exactly the same thinking as everyone else... is very commercial.

He's radical because he's radical... this isn't complicated.

I'd like to point out that Fox has already lost close to a freaking BILLION dollars, with another big lawsuit coming. They need sex trouble like they need Freddy Krueger running around in the building, slicing and dicing...

Your disconnect with reality is getting worse.
No, @late. Fox News got Fox News into trouble. That lawsuit has nothing to do with Tucker Carlson. Nothing gets said on the air that isn't vetted first, and you know that.

Tucker said some truths, lately, which the guys higher up did not like. Cancel what you don't like, regardless of facts.
Saeko wrote:Ahh... Dark Brandon works in mysterious ways. 8)

Yeah, it had nothing to do with 800 million settlement and other pending cases that fox will have to settle by the looks of it for ,you know, slander and lying, I am sure of it :excited:
late wrote:He's radical because he's radical... this isn't complicated.

Just for contrast, try to watch that pinnacle of non-radicalness called *the View*.

As a showcase of women's political opinions, this show is degrading. The over-groomed hostesses all say what you're supposed to say, and seem to be competing to be the most politically fashionable, following every recent opinion-trend in mainstream media.

Tucker Carlson was exactly the opposite of this glossy emptiness, proudly sporting bad opinions and a bad haircut.

To be fair, @QatzelOk, the View has gotten slammed, with most people disliking what they had to say. 1.6k likes to 11k dislikes. The people have spoken.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]