15 000 years in the future - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
anasawad wrote:Some US politicians already calling for using nuclear weapons

He also threatened of nuking Europe, so what? It's not like he could.

Even if he was elected, a democracy is not single man's power, he has to be backed by the parliament. And when it comes to pressing a nuke, the generals who also have to press the button could refuse to abide.

Anyway what Trump says is not to be taken seriously. I still wonder whether he is an idiot or a cynical who does not believe a single word he says. He obviously has a great social intelligence but it does not necessarily go with other forms of intelligence.
True. Its not up to hem alone.
But other capitalists also push for it and even a congressman i recall.
And seeing the reports on who is managing the nuclear weapons of the US. Its usually a drunk or a fraud or one of those. So i wouldnt take it out that at some point the US is going for a nuclear world war. I mean if Trump got this far. The people are getting more stupid and more ignorant. The politicians are going more radical. Its only a matter of time.
When its on the table. Some day theyll use it.
Look, I know you hate the USA but consider that they have had nuclear bombs since more than 70 years and never used since the first days to end the ww2. Despite the cold war and many other temptations. This is an excellent track record in their favor. If you want to worry about nukes, look at Pakistan that almost used them a few years ago and almost let them fall in the hands of terrorists more recently. Or North Korea which could use one just to prove they are serious and force their population into a war to consolidate their grip over them.

The diplomatic costs of using nuclear bombs is simply too high. Without exceptional circumstances they would lose their allies and their soft power, this is not worth it. For the stat their soft power is as important as their hard power.

As for whatever stupid politician can say, again there is nothing to worry. All parliaments have some idiots and they are free to speak like anyone else.
True.i get your point. But look at it this way.
The US is a country based on war. And the little guys who dont have support no longer exist or barely some countries.
At any military attempt by the US now could trigger a series of conflicts that could lead the US to collide with a nuclear power.
Russia is in a proxy war with the US. China just a while back few months ago had military face off with the US and could have led to war.
Republicans in the US want to go to war with Iran. Iran has tribes who could easily take over Pakistani nukes as they already represent more than a third of Pakistan population and Iran have delivery capabilities.
The US also has nukes in Turkey. And Turkey is not looking too good in the future and those nukes could lead to a crisis.
North korea if attacked also can respond and trigger nuclear war.
At every direction the US is heading to collide with nuclear powers and you cant trust some idiots with nukes in that scenario.

And the NATO alliance could be dragged into this. So if the US elected the wrong president and made the wrong military adventure. It could very well drag all the nuclear powers into war.
Thats a too much risk to have on our hands.

And yhe US already used radioactive bombs in Oraq against al-sadr.
Its hard to trust them that the warmongers in command and the inslaved and blind population of theirs with that kind of weapons and that kind of choice.
anasawad wrote:The US is a country based on war.

No.

What is true about this? They have a military industry that depends on the periodicity of war. But nukes do not bring them money. They need the US army to waste ammo, bombs, missiles, to maintain a ten years occupation on ground. Nukes are their worse enemy.

What is false about this? The USA are the country that almost solely prevented the resurgence of world war by making sure that resources kept flowing in the global markets, available for all. I did enjoy them, China did enjoy them, Venezuela did enjoy them, Russia did enjoy them (after USSR), you did enjoy them for decades (until the embargo).

Of course this is cruel for the countries that own those resources and which sometimes find themselves caught between two powers, or who would rather dream to become a power themselves, like Iran. But this is the only way to prevent ww3. Understand that if the world was to let Iran get control over 50% of the oil production and exert this control, ww3 would become inevitable. Resources must flow in the world's industry, available for all countries. This is not an option. Even a twelve months penury is not acceptable because it would cause enough financial destruction to trigger a world war.

This is not just Iran, this is not just USA, this is a global problem. The USA are what they are precisely because most of the world did benefit from their imperialism, because they made the resources flowing in a lobal free market for all. This is why your ambitions for Iran to control oil are a delusion: the world not let you do so.

At every direction the US is heading to collide with nuclear powers and you cant trust some idiots with nukes in that scenario.

Mere pawns on a chess. First of all Russia and China know that they need to keep the resources flowing too. And all sides know that Assad is not a long-term solution. They all want a compromise, they simply are trying to shift the balance before getting an agreement.

But even if it was a true proxy war, it would not be the first one, far from this, and there would be no reason to aggravate it. The point of proxy wars is precisely to avoid clash. The only time during the cold war where we have been close from a nuclear war was when the USSR did put nukes in Cuba, right next to the US shore. Proxy wars are not a reason to fire nukes and be sure that the US and Russian administrations know it perfectly.

It is impossible for the Syrian situation to escalate, there is no reason. And there has been absolutely no sign of the contrary. Even if Trump was elected this would change nothing, the administration would simply ignore his orders and make sure he does not realize. At worse capitalists would barge in his desk and tells him that he is fucking up. And if that was not enough, he would be killed.
anasawad wrote:That translates exactly to i might use nukes.
And his spokemen already said why have them if you cant use them.

That is still not the same as calling for the use of nuclear weapons. That is just leaving the possibility open in case the need arises. That is just being smart.
Harmattan wrote:He also threatened of nuking Europe, so what? It's not like he could.

Even if he was elected, a democracy is not single man's power, he has to be backed by the parliament. And when it comes to pressing a nuke, the generals who also have to press the button could refuse to abide.

Anyway what Trump says is not to be taken seriously. I still wonder whether he is an idiot or a cynical who does not believe a single word he says. He obviously has a great social intelligence but it does not necessarily go with other forms of intelligence.

Putin of Russia has called Donald Trump a genius.
Hindsite wrote:Putin of Russia has called Donald Trump a genius.
Putin's a fool, so that's not saying much.
Hindsite wrote:Putin of Russia has called Donald Trump a genius.

Godstud wrote: Putin's a fool, so that's not saying much.

Putin may be many things, but a fool he is not. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you can take it at face value when he calls Trump a "genius." He may mean The Donald is a genius at self-promotion, media manipulation, or pretending to be a presidential candidate.
Truth To Power wrote:Putin may be many things, but a fool he is not. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you can take it at face value when he calls Trump a "genius." He may mean The Donald is a genius at self-promotion, media manipulation, or pretending to be a presidential candidate.

And the fact that he has created a 10,000,000,000 dollar busines empire is more proof Donald Trump is not a fool, because as the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted. Compare how little money he has spent on campaigning compared to all the other candidates and he is still leading in the GOP. And how about all that money the super pacs are spending to campaign aginst him in an effort to stop him from getting the nonmination?
Hindsite, you ignore every fact showing that Trump is being funded by superpacs and donations(your lies deny the truth). You deny the reality and then spout nonsense.

Trump's a shitty businessman(4 Bankruptcies), but you can afford a lot of mistakes when you are rich.
Well. Put 10-20 million dollars in an investment bank account in the 80s. It would be worth somerhing around 5-10 billion dollars now.
Btw. Trumps fortune is by max 4 billions, and according to a book 250 million at large.
His bussiness worth is far less since he doesnt actually own most of Trump towers or units. And this estimation is based on how much he personally value his name. According to his own words. The market value is different and now with his statemrnts much much much lower.
Godstud wrote:Hindsite, you ignore every fact showing that Trump is being funded by superpacs and donations(your lies deny the truth). You deny the reality and then spout nonsense.

Trump's a shitty businessman(4 Bankruptcies), but you can afford a lot of mistakes when you are rich.

Trump is not funded by superpacs at this point. And his bankruptcies were just good business decisions to restructor the Trump business empire to greater success..
15 000 years from now, it is almost certain that no one will care about Trump.

By then, capitalism will be a memory, and alpha-capitalists will be mentioned only in history sources.
anasawad wrote:Well. Put 10-20 million dollars in an investment bank account in the 80s. It would be worth somerhing around 5-10 billion dollars now.
Btw. Trumps fortune is by max 4 billions, and according to a book 250 million at large.
His bussiness worth is far less since he doesnt actually own most of Trump towers or units. And this estimation is based on how much he personally value his name. According to his own words. The market value is different and now with his statemrnts much much much lower.

Even if you are correct, that still makes Donald Trump a very wealthy man. Those details don't really matter to us peons that are worth only 3 hundred thousand dollars, like myself.
Even if you are correct, that still makes Donald Trump a very wealthy man. Those details don't really matter to us peons that are worth only 3 hundred thousand dollars, like myself.

Donald Trump inherited his wealth. To his credit, he didn't simply blow it all within five years of inheriting it, unlike many rich, spoilt brats. Nevertheless, his reputation as a wheeler-dealer and entrepreneur is overblown (rather like his rhetoric and his hair) - if he had simply banked the money and spent his time snorting lines of coke off hookers' asscracks, he would have ended up just as wealthy as he is now. He can be praised for not pissing his inherited wealth away, but that's about all he can be praised for.
Potemkin wrote:Donald Trump inherited his wealth. To his credit, he didn't simply blow it all within five years of inheriting it, unlike many rich, spoilt brats. Nevertheless, his reputation as a wheeler-dealer and entrepreneur is overblown (rather like his rhetoric and his hair) - if he had simply banked the money and spent his time snorting lines of coke off hookers' asscracks, he would have ended up just as wealthy as he is now. He can be praised for not pissing his inherited wealth away, but that's about all he can be praised for.

That is ridiculous. There is no way that Trump would be as wealthy simply by banking the money. Obviously you have less financial knowledge of how to gain wealth than myself, which is very low. I have used your method and I can assure you that it does not work.
Pants-of-dog wrote:By then, capitalism will be a memory, and alpha-capitalists will be mentioned only in history sources.

Of course, "capitalism will be a memory" because leftardism will have finally died out, along with other kooky cults like Christianity and Islam. If there is not Christianity there are no heretics, heathens or devil worshipers so if there is not leftardsim there is no capitalism. People will still trade, save, borrow & invest though, there just won't be any superstitious retards calling these activities a sinful worship of a evil god called capitalism.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Wouldn't it be nice if Palestine was a state frie[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's sort of the point I was trying to get it. […]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]