Laplace's Demon (bioelectrically engineering planet Earth) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
"We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes." - Pierre-Simon Laplace, (Essai philosophique sur les probabilités, 1814)

Nikola Tesla and the electric universe.
The World Wireless System was a turn of the 19th century proposed telecommunications and electrical power delivery system designed by inventor Nikola Tesla based on his theories of using Earth and its atmosphere as electrical conductors. He claimed this system would allow for "the transmission of electric energy without wires" on a global scale as well as point-to-point wireless telecommunications and broadcasting.
But what if we can build some kind of continuous information loop which feeds a quantum computer data for virtual representation, providing us with an ongoing realtime parallel construction of planet earth in the form of a virtual hologram?

Can the military use Tesla's vision to create one planetary surveillance grid?The technology exists, and if we can harness the right frequencies/waves, we may be able to track and trace all living things in realtime. My theory is simple, I want to build one realtime parallel representation of planet earth, by continuously monitoring organic material ('live agents') which may be cross referenced with inorganic material ('dead agents'). These data points will be virtually constructed using a quantum computer; the quantum computer can build realtime holograms and mathematically formulate parallel potentiality within static & dynamic relationships. The question is: how can we track and trace all living organisms? My approach: seed earth's atmosphere with conductive biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles (seed the water supply, food, plants, people, etc).

Concept: Tagging all living organisms using Biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles. Consider the Wired Flower...
Researchers use a conducting polymer to construct circuits inside plant cuttings in a proof-of-concept study.
The team, led by physicist Magnus Berggren, formed the circuits using a conductive and water-soluble polymer—poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene), or PEDOT. The researchers dissolved it in water and then placed a cut rose into the container. The rose took up the PEDOT in its xylem along with water, where the PEDOT then aggregated on its own into wires up to five centimeters long. The material was visible when the researchers peeled back the top layer of plant matter from the stem.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles. ... ed-Flower/

Why polymeric nanoparticles? They're compatible with organic tissue and plant life. Also, they can be observed through a process called photoacoustic imaging. The military could seed biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles and 'chip' human populations without disclosure.
In this review, recent progress of polymer-encapsulated organic nanoparticles using CPs and AIE fluorogens as the emitters for fluorescence and photoacoustic imaging has been summarized. The polymer encapsulation strategy has been proved to be simple and effective in quickly transforming organic soluble molecules into aqueous media, and for fast screening of them for various biological applications.

http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articleh ... c4cs00014e
In our case, screening of them for various intelligence applications. :up: We need to research & develop military grade polymeric nanoparticles that can be compatible with sophisticated remote satellite echo-location. Questions to consider- can we modify the half-lives of these nanoparticles (how often must we re-seed), do we include unique identification pins (like RFID) or use realtime quantum 3D computer modeling techniques to analyze the movement of 'live agents?'

Our satellites must continuously 'beam' information, forcing the polymeric nanoparticles to conduct each transmission and refract 'feedback,' enabling virtual visualization of all organic/living agents.

Imagine a human specimen instead of rat
Organic/living agents must be cross-referenced with our geo-spatial contextual awareness systems that track and trace inorganic/dead agents (buildings, geological formations, etc). Anyway, I'm bored so here is a quick illustration of my concept.

Thoughts?

EDIT: 1. Let's fund a POC study in the laboratory, setting up an underground control experiment. We'll need to simulate earth's atmosphere and ecological cycle, by studying how our conductive biodegradable PNPs interact with the environment. We need to determine what kind of half-lives are desirable for real-world application. Furthermore, can we isolate and study natural & unnatural variables which may disturb the distribution and absorption of our PNPs? Lastly, can we go 'live' with our POC and test on densely populated areas, like a metropolitan area?

2. Seeding must be automated by a task force of high altitude jetcraft, powered by solar energy.

3. Realtime monitoring and active measurements must be automated by fusion centers with an operational command center anchored by cutting edge artificial intelligence.

4. R&D new LEO satellites designed specifically for echo-location and advanced long-distance photoacoustic imaging.
Attachments
yQaxVto.jpg
yQaxVto.jpg (48.47 KiB) Viewed 16665 times
RhetoricThug wrote:But what if we can build some kind of continuous information loop which feeds a quantum computer data for virtual representation, providing us with an ongoing realtime parallel construction of planet earth in the form of a virtual hologram?
:muha2: 'Eye naught nigh naive,' we like your brain signature, RT. However, you're acting VERY naive. See, we enjoy watching you post theories, as you attempt to educate the general populace... and just look at the replies, RT. It's lonely at the top of the thought-chain, and we like to isolate characters like you. We :rainbow: LOVE :rainbow: corrupting identities, subverting critical theory, and collecting 'black records.' You may continue to post and post and post and post, but nothing will change, and we will continue to wield your energy (psychological Judo). You're not in our league, kiddo. We're currently monitoring your brain (remote EEG). After-all, you're only human, and you must deal with your limited awareness and fixed position. Tell us, what can you see, RT? ;) Can you see directed energy beams?
Poverty of the visible spectrum...

Can the military use Tesla's vision to create one planetary surveillance grid?The technology exists, and if we can harness the right frequencies/waves, we may be able to track and trace all living things in realtime. My theory is simple, I want to build one realtime parallel representation of planet earth, by continuously monitoring organic material ('live agents') which may be cross referenced with inorganic material ('dead agents'). These data points will be virtually constructed using a quantum computer; the quantum computer can build realtime holograms and mathematically formulate parallel potentiality within static & dynamic relationships. The question is: how can we track and trace all living organisms? My approach: seed earth's atmosphere with conductive biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles (seed the water supply, food, plants, people, etc).
Furthermore, what about bioelectromagnetics? The human body produces its own unique energy field, we're luminescent. Sure, our space capabilities may track and trace live & dead agents, but we may utilize our ground systems, like over the horizon radar. Stacking land systems and space capabilities will give us complete electromagnetic frequency/wave awareness. As you know, everything is information, vibrating, emitting intelligence, and we wish to harness planet Earth's intelligence.
Why are you trying to communicate with monkeys, RT? Join us... We'll nurture your intellect. :borg:

Why polymeric nanoparticles? They're compatible with organic tissue and plant life. Also, they can be observed through a process called photoacoustic imaging. The military could seed biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles and 'chip' human populations without disclosure.
Interesting, yet very familiar. Do you understand 'neural lace?' It's just us now, RT, other posters will not be able to participate. Let's give you want you want, do you have a taste for advanced research projects? Too-bad, ARP= need-to-know, so read this instead

Syringe-injectable electronics

"Seamless and minimally invasive three-dimensional interpenetration of electronics within artificial or natural structures could allow for continuous monitoring and manipulation of their properties. Flexible electronics provide a means for conforming electronics to non-planar surfaces, yet targeted delivery of flexible electronics to internal regions remains difficult. Here, we overcome this challenge by demonstrating the syringe injection (and subsequent unfolding) of sub-micrometre-thick, centimetre-scale macroporous mesh electronics through needles with a diameter as small as 100 μm. Our results show that electronic components can be injected into man-made and biological cavities, as well as dense gels and tissue, with >90% device yield. We demonstrate several applications of syringe-injectable electronics as a general approach for interpenetrating flexible electronics with three-dimensional structures, including (1) monitoring internal mechanical strains in polymer cavities, (2) tight integration and low chronic immunoreactivity with several distinct regions of the brain, and (3) in vivo multiplexed neural recording. Moreover, syringe injection enables the delivery of flexible electronics through a rigid shell, the delivery of large-volume flexible electronics that can fill internal cavities, and co-injection of electronics with other materials into host structures, opening up unique applications for flexible electronics."
http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v10 ... nformation

For the PoFo crowd:
"A group of chemists and engineers who work with nanotechnology published a paper this month in Nature Nanotechnology about an ultra-fine mesh that can merge into the brain to create what appears to be a seamless interface between machine and biological circuitry. Called “mesh electronics,” the device is so thin and supple that it can be injected with a needle — they’ve already tested it on mice, who survived the implantation and are thriving. The researchers describe their device as “syringe-injectable electronics,” and say it has a number of uses, including monitoring brain activity, delivering treatment for degenerative disorders like Parkinson’s, and even enhancing brain capabilities."
http://gizmodo.com/scientists-just-inve ... 1711540938

Our satellites must continuously 'beam' information, forcing the polymeric nanoparticles to conduct each transmission and refract 'feedback,' enabling virtual visualization of all organic/living agents.

Imagine a human specimen instead of rat
Organic/living agents must be cross-referenced with our geo-spatial contextual awareness systems that track and trace inorganic/dead agents (buildings, geological formations, etc). Anyway, I'm bored
We admire your systems thinking. Perhaps we can read you in and teach you some SIGINT, cryptographic techniques, frequency hopping, etc. Aren't you interested in hierarchical control systems and algedonic signals?

We'll V2K you later...

EDIT: 1. Let's fund a POC study in the laboratory, setting up an underground control experiment. We'll need to simulate earth's atmosphere and ecological cycle, by studying how our conductive biodegradable PNPs interact with the environment. We need to determine what kind of half-lives are desirable for real-world application. Furthermore, can we isolate and study natural & unnatural variables which may disturb the distribution and absorption of our PNPs? Lastly, can we go 'live' with our POC and test on densely populated areas, like a metropolitan area?

2. Seeding must be automated by a task force of high altitude jetcraft, powered by solar energy.

3. Realtime monitoring and active measurements must be automated by fusion centers with an operational command center anchored by cutting edge artificial intelligence.

4. R&D new LEO satellites designed specifically for echo-location and advanced long-distance photoacoustic imaging.
Great ideas, keep up the good work. We must enslave the human race. :up:
By RhetoricThug
Onanism, pure mental onanism.

My pet peave is people who try to sound smart by using big words, but actually sound "very smart" when you analyze what the words mean.

I too eschew obfuscation.

tldr

An old pond
a frog leaps in
the sound of water

RhetoricThug, you're actually making sense. I find myself agreeing with you. It has begun...

RhetoricThug wrote::muha2: 'Eye naught nigh naive,' we like your brain signature, RT. However, you're acting VERY naive. See, we enjoy watching you post theories, as you attempt to educate the general populace... and just look at the replies, RT. It's lonely at the top of the thought-chain, and we like to isolate characters like you. We :rainbow: LOVE :rainbow: corrupting identities, subverting critical theory, and collecting 'black records.' You may continue to post and post and post and post, but nothing will change, and we will continue to wield your energy (psychological Judo). You're not in our league, kiddo. We're currently monitoring your brain (remote EEG). After-all, you're only human, and you must deal with your limited awareness and fixed position. Tell us, what can you see, RT? ;) Can you see directed energy beams?

Poverty of the visible spectrum...
What a pithy title, "Poverty of the Visible Spectrum," I shall use it for my unified field theory. I'm not afraid of your 'rhetoric,' Thug. :roll: Plus, you'll need my brain signature to combat the artificial intelligence take over, so go ahead, remotely monitor my mind. I'm currently working on a chapter that will redefine dreams. REM (Rapid Eye Movement) describes the three-dimensional symptom of dreaming, but since the human mind is not separate from the universe, we need terminology that can address the fourth and fifth dimension... Since we're going on and on about particle/wave dynamics, I'd like to type out some of my prototype thoughts which tend to describe the process of dreaming. Forgive me, for I am currently exploring this new dream theory I formulated a couple days ago. If we can properly understand the nature of dreaming, it may help us with future hyper-dimensional surveillance models.

Dreaming
REM= Rapid Eye Movement, three-dimensional symptom
RIMM= Relative Intelligent Memory Motion
RIM (Lucid variable)= Relative Interactive movement
Neuroplasticity= Muscle Memory

Due to the brain's neuroplasticity principle, the brain practices or reinforces interactions human organisms experience through the three-dimensional interface (information world, physical reality, time/space). Since we learn from the information environment, stimuli must be absorbed through the human sensorium, and processed by the brain. Like the computer, the brain has one local area network (LAN) which responds to local (physical positioning) input/out. Internalized information must be the product/byproduct of external data, but note- like the encoding and decoding process the computer manages, the human brain participates inside an information loop, because the brain (at the quantum level) is not separate from its environment/universe. Thus, when we dream, we are processing the LAN's information (all information experienced through the 3D field of awareness) and strengthen the inputs and outputs of all experienced information. Because of time and space, we incrementally accumulate information and mold our minds in a linear fashion. However, since the invention of the internet (technological representation of the human noosphere), we now possess new metaphors to work through. Like the human mind's imagination, the internet can bypass time & space and network around static dimensional properties. Instead of chronological linear relations, the human organism may now dynamically learn things or cognitively absorb information without being constrained by time and space (physical position).

My conjecture: If the internet is the technological representation of our human thought realm, can our dreams non-locally network through quantum entanglement outside of time & space with other conscious/unconsciousness frequencies/entities/wave patterns from within? In other words, if the computer, like the brain, is the sum of input (encoding) and output (decoding) inside the internal/external environment and can go 'online' to network with other computers, can our human minds organically go 'online' or beyond the LAN and interact with information outside of linear time & space?

The computer= Discovered rearrangement of known elements. Internal and external structures, software programs and hardware pathways. Encodes and decodes stimuli/information. Energy source= electricity. LAN= Hardwired interaction with local information environment. Non-local network= internet (noosphere)

The brain
= Organic computer. Internal and external structures, software ideas and hardware pathways. Encodes and decodes stimuli/information. Energy source= ? LAN= Hardwired interaction with local information environment. Non-local network= ?

May I suggest that Dreaming not only conditions the brain's memory muscles due to neuroplasticity, but perhaps we also connect to a 'dream-network' that may bypass the third-dimension and non locally connect to information beyond the visible spectrum? Dark matter may be the binding element which energizes the human brain (and the human heart's alternating current), and maybe we're organically connected to some kind of 'Astral-net,' when we dream; due to the fact that the human brain is made up of all the materials that exist in the universe, everything must be connected at the quantum level...

I use RIMM and RIM to remind the user that quarks have rims, or outer boundaries (which fluctuate), and when we sleep, quarks may communicate on the particle's rim to excite the entire field while we sleep. The 'Astral-net' may excite the brain's quantum field by vibrating at an electromagnetic frequency which penetrates the human brain while dreaming. Basically, our brains may have built-in gateways that allow humans to go online and interface with information outside of our known dimensional LAN. Lastly, the sleep mechanism (program design) may be incredibly intuitive, because it recharges the human organism's hardware while updating and downloading new information.

Particles/waves may be organically connected and networked through some kind of unknown frequency or energy. :up:

Furthermore, what about bioelectromagnetics? The human body produces its own unique energy field, we're luminescent. Sure, our space capabilities may track and trace live & dead agents, but we may utilize our ground systems, like over the horizon radar. Stacking land systems and space capabilities will give us complete electromagnetic frequency/wave awareness. As you know, everything is information, vibrating, emitting intelligence, and we wish to harness planet Earth's intelligence.

Why are you trying to communicate with monkeys, RT? Join us... We'll nurture your intellect. :borg:
Right, we should consider and tap the internet of things. So many ways to monitor the environment. Luckily, the majority of the human population may be easily victimized by fixed perspectives. Stacking capabilities in order to program reactive puppets will be an easy task, they can be misled by simple ideas... Once we physiologically modify their hardware, the software will be very malleable. I agree, we must get humans plugged in to as many things as possible to keep them under control.

Interesting, yet very familiar. Do you understand 'neural lace?'
Thank you for the papers, I'm interested in neural lace, but I think atmospheric seeding may be better and far more ecologically sensible. For mammals, we bypass the BBB via intranasal administration (great option for systemic bionanotechnology). Needles seem barbaric and primitive :hmm: Unless we manufacture vaccines with bio-electric tech. As far as delivery systems or salvage operations, I suppose vaccines may be considered for use.

We admire your systems thinking. Perhaps we can read you in and teach you some SIGINT, cryptographic techniques, frequency hopping, etc. Aren't you interested in hierarchical control systems and algedonic signals?

We'll V2K you later...

Great ideas, keep up the good work. We must enslave the human race. :up:
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Do consider my Dream theory, I'd like some private confirmation (or opinion), and voice to skull seems to be one very secure communication technique. Alas, intelligently placed environmental algedonic signals may help us incrementally nudge the unmutaul.

On a different note, do you think the Vatican will disclose data on hyper-dimensional aliens?

Interesting star modulations...
"The stars exhibit rapid bursts of light. The spectral modulation also seems to be identical across many different stars. The scientists said that the signal from the stars is consistent with signals from an alien civilization sending extremely rapid optical pulses that was predicted in an earlier paper by Borra.

Last year, the giant star KIC 8462852 made a stir after scientists found that it emits light patterns different from those observed on other stars. Some considered the idea that the dips in the starlight could indicate the existence of an alien megastructure."

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18369 ... zation.htm

-RT
By RhetoricThug
"Plant nanobionics aims to embed non-native functions to plants by interfacing them with specifically designed nanoparticles. Here, we demonstrate that living spinach plants (Spinacia oleracea) can be engineered to serve as self-powered pre-concentrators and autosamplers of analytes in ambient groundwater and as infrared communication platforms that can send information to a smartphone. The plants employ a pair of near-infrared fluorescent nanosensors—single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) conjugated to the peptide Bombolitin II to recognize nitroaromatics via infrared fluorescent emission, and polyvinyl-alcohol functionalized SWCNTs that act as an invariant reference signal—embedded within the plant leaf mesophyll. As contaminant nitroaromatics are transported up the roots and stem into leaf tissues, they accumulate in the mesophyll, resulting in relative changes in emission intensity. The real-time monitoring of embedded SWCNT sensors also allows residence times in the roots, stems and leaves to be estimated, calculated to be 8.3 min (combined residence times of root and stem) and 1.9 min mm−1 leaf, respectively. These results demonstrate the ability of living, wild-type plants to function as chemical monitors of groundwater and communication devices to external electronics at standoff distances."
http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/vaop ... t4771.html

Your blood stream is next, silly intellectual midgets :borg: We will crush your obsolete opinions.
Sentient World Simulation (SWS): A Continuously Running Model of the Real World

Modeling and simulation quickly becomes out of sync with new events, the emergence of new forces, and newly proposed theories. The goal of the Sentient World Simulation (SWS) is to build a synthetic mirror of the real world with automated continuous calibration with respect to current real-world information, such as major events, opinion polls, demographic statistics, economic reports, and shifts in trends. The ability of a synthetic model of the real world to sense, adapt, and react to real events distinguishes SWS from the traditional approach of constructing a simulation to illustrate a phenomena. Behaviors emerge in the SWS mirror world and are observed much as they are observed in the real world. Basing the synthetic world in theory in a manner that is unbiased to specific outcomes offers a unique environment in which to develop, test, and prove new perspectives.

SWS consists of components capable of capturing new events as they occur anywhere in the world, focus on any local area of the synthetic world offers sufficient detail. In other words, the set of models that make up the synthetic environment encompass the behavior of individuals, organizations, institutions, infrastructures and geographies while simultaneously capturing the trends emerging from the interaction among entities as well as between entities and the environment. The multi-granularity detail provides a means for inserting new models of any temporal and spatial scales, or for incorporating user-supplied data at any level of granularity. Therefore, SWS can be continuously enriched and refined as new information becomes available.

SWS consists of the following components:

-A synthetic environment that supports Effects Based Approach and a comprehensive representation of the real world at all levels of granularity in terms of a Political, Military, Economic, Social, Informational, and Infrastructure (PMESII) framework.

-A scalable means of integrating heterogeneous components across time and space granularities.

-Mechanisms that discover, gather, and incorporate new knowledge into the continuously running synthetic environment.

-A single façade of user interfaces enabling information from all sources (simulation generated
data, parameters for models, and data gathered from the real world) to be searched, viewed and modified in an ontology-aware manner.

-Integrated Development Environments (IDE)s for constructing and configuring new models or modifying existing models and then incorporating these changes into the continuously running synthetic world.

-A means to take excursions from any point in time in the synthetic world to focus on select regions of the world, leverage private user data, or to research specific theories by simplifying the types of models to employ in the excursion.

The Core Synthetic Environment That Supports Pluralism of Thought

The core component of SWS is an agent-based environment named the Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulation (SEAS), designed to be agnostic to the type of simulations and choice of models in order to allow experimentation in the context of multiple and potentially conflicting theories. No single theory can adequately explain complex behavior, such as the rise or splitting of terrorist organizations. Each theory brings another perspective to the same phenomena. Only by combining these theories within the same environment can we gain a comprehensive perspective.

By basing the designing of the synthetic environment on a fractal representation, SWS avoids the most common pitfall faced by simulation environments: designing and optimizing an infrastructure for a parochial purpose and thereby limiting its application to a small range of problems. The fractal approach provides a consistent representation of the environment’s building blocks to models with all granularities of access. The basic building blocks consist of individuals, organizations, institutions, information, and geographies. From these building blocks, communities are built, constructed into societies, nations, and ultimately providing a synthetic world. Coarse-grained models use a small sample of the population and localized fine-grained models use a full sample of the population in an area. The same individual who experiences events from a fine-grained model can be influenced by a coarse-grained model. This approach to enabling heterogeneous models to interact is a Society of Models approach, described below.

SEAS provides all aspects of behavior within the PMESII categorization and enables the application of Effects Based Thinking to the reference world of SWS.

A Society Approach to Integration

The cross-disciplinary nature of SWS fosters collaboration among diverse modeling and simulation developers. This diversity necessitates an approach to integration that does not limit developers of SWS components to adopt a uniform design,especially in terms of the temporal and spatial granularities with which the components interact with the synthetic environment. The Society Approach implemented in the SimBridge technology addresses the need to integrate components in a scalable manner while preserving heterogeneity.

The Society Approach is applied to three areas in SWS to integrate models, simulations, and components. A Society of Models enables models to operate at diverse temporal and spatial granularities within the same synthetic environment. A Society of Models is employed by the Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulation (SEAS) to integrate models ranging from global, regional, and national PMESII behaviors to near real-time emotional arousal.

A Society of Simulations captures the necessary data exchange among interacting simulations without requiring unscalable and difficult to maintain, centralized management. A Society of Simulations has been used to integrate SEAS with a tactical, kinetics federation of simulations, Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF).

A Society of Systems extends the Society of Simulations to include non-simulation components, such as third party visualizations, enterprise system databases, analysis tools, and live sensor feeds.

A Society Approach fulfills the need of integrating with the goals of:

-independent and concurrent development of components,

-heterogeneous and reusable components,

-and high fidelity of detail in a scalable system.

Sensitivity to Current Information Through Real-Time Knowledge Discovery

Continuously incorporating current information in SWS provides three key benefits that distinguish SWS from other initiatives at constructing a simulated environment:

-SWS remains up to date with respect to events and emerging trends.

-SWS leverages the prodigious amounts of data from all publicly available data sources,
something that is infeasible for a small number of analysts to gather in a timely manner.

-Models used by SWS are continuously refined, parameterized, and validated, keeping the
underlying model base of SWS relevant across time.

Burgeoning technology in the area of knowledge discovery has matured so that Web crawlers and spiders are now used in research and industry. Applying this technology to news portals, blogs, and other internet sources enables large amounts of data to be gathered and processed in a short amount of time.

By considering all available data, automated data mining provides an unbiased means of incorporating data originating from multiple sources, and therefore, data from multiple perspectives. Additionally, interesting outliers are discovered through text, video, and transaction analytics.

Believability and reliability metrics are applied to weight the influence of data from different sources depending on the type of source, experience with data from the source, and the type of data. The believability and reliability are then taken into account when incorporating the data into the SWS synthetic world.

The discovery technology is coupled with a semantic engine that extracts semantics from the data. The semantics are used to prepare the gathered data for use by the simulations and to relate the data to knowledge already in the synthetic world.

Other sources of data besides the internet are incorporated using the same knowledge discover and semantic extraction, such as proprietary, enterprise system, and classified data sources (classified and proprietary data would only be incorporated in select excursions.)

The Ontological Representation of Knowledge

Using an ontological repository of knowledge, SWS augments analyst knowledge with simulation semantics. The SWS ontological representation differs from traditional database approaches in that it stores ontology as well as data. Ontology is a methodology for categorizing and annotating data based on logical, human conceptualizations of what the data means. Interactions with the ontological annotations of data in the repository are fundamentally different from the interactions allowed by the prevailing RDMS and OODBMS approaches to database management. Traditional approaches coordinate tools with data by identifying the physical data in queries whereas SWS enables coordination based on the semantic meaning of data. A piece of data can be annotated with different keywords from diverse disciplines. Analysts as well as automated processes can describe data needs using keywords from their own domains, enabling cross-disciplinary integration and a unified view of both real and synthetic information. A non-ambiguous data categorization and annotation process is also needed to support the distributed and incremental process.

Data is also tagged with its informational sources and temporal lifetime. Consequently, multiple experiments can be performed utilizing the same mode ls combined with different points of views by sourcing data from different informational sources or conducting an experiment in the context of a specific calendar date.

A seminal integration of a knowledge repository with an active simulation environment was successfully deployed in Urban Resolve 2015 (UR 2015). The implementation of an ontological representation of knowledge, called eXtensible Net Assessment (xNA), was used to augment analyst knowledge with simulation semantics. Including xNA as a component of the prototype SWS deployed in UR2015 extends the Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) approach to provide a semantics-based integration of analyst knowledge, stored in a repository named Operational Net Assessment (ONA), with emergent simulation data. xNA supports multi-granularity and multi-disciplinary data to facilitate integration in the context of a diversity of models and data sources. xNA can also receive incremental data updates from analysts and automated data collection tools. More details on the prototype SWS are given in “JFCOM J9 Deployment of SWS 0.5” below.

Model Development IDEs

SWS provides a set of tools based on the ontological repository for use by experts from various domains to develop and experiment with models in the synthetic environment. A researcher begins with a set of theories to test. Using algorithms of how the theories interact with the rest of the synthetic world, the researcher creates models. The researcher designs a complete experiment environment using the new models and leveraging existing models by creating a profile consisting of a selection of parameters from the ontological data repository that fulfill the input requirements and support the experiment’s scenario.

SEAS Integrated Development Environment (SIDE) provides the tools to create and retrofit the artificial agents in SEAS. Researchers will first design new types of agents along with the DNA and memory these types of agents will have using the design interfaces of SIDE. The design interfaces also allow the DNA and memory of existing agent types to be modified. After creating new agent types, SIDE is used to configure the population makeup of the new agents in the synthetic environment.

After the creation of new agents, researchers use Just-in-time Modeling Environment (JIME) to create and modify the behaviors of agents. Agent behaviors can be mathematical models based on variables that the agents sense from the environment or can be described procedurally using a workflow engine, a customizable system composed of states, transitions, and messages. The behaviors describe how agents interact with their environment and other fellow agents.

Before incorporating the new agents into the reference world of SWS, agents are prudently tested in the Bullpen tool. Using Bullpen, the behavior of agents is observed in a limited and controlled environment. Researchers create profiles of environment variables for Bullpen experiments to observe the range of decisions an agent makes and agent’s resulting actions.

Additionally, the modeling environment of SWS is extensible using ModelNet. ModelNet is a collection of web-services that provides the functionalities of the aforementioned tools. Using the web-services, external modeling tools can be integrated into the SWS to enable researchers to use modeling tools that are best for their domain.

Excursion Management

-SWS provides a configurable interface for configuring an excursion from the continuously running SWS reference world to meet the individual needs of a user. User needs addressed by the Excursion Manager
include:

-Exploring multiple courses of action by taking different sets of actions in identical copies of the reference world.

-Using proprietary or classified data in a controlled experiment without interfering with the publicly accessible SWS.

-Constructing a synthetic environment for only a portion of the world or including only certain models, simulations, tools, visualizations, or data sources.

-Conducting simultaneous excursions in different areas of the world and merging the nonproprietary and unclassified results together.

Once an excursion is configured, the Excursion Manager fulfills the following:

-Designs a Society of Simulations, consisting of the user-configured choice of simulations and components and any other components that the simulations depend on (referred to as members.)

-Sets up shared reality, the space shared among all members that are active in the excursion.

-For each excursion, pulls appropriate information for a specified calendar date from the ontological repository to meet the members’ input requirements.

-Persists significant simulation results in the ontological repository, tagged with this excursion’s identifier, for later analysis and cross-excursion analysis.

JFCOM showcased the first prototype of SWS, SWS v0.5, in the Urban Resolve 2015 (UR 2015) exercise. UR 2015 was set in a synthetic urban setting and consisted of both simulation and real-time HITL inputs. SWS 0.5 consisted of SEAS environment, a Society of Simulations and Systems implemented through SimBridge, a deployment of xNA with knowledge from a classified repository and data from research on public data, and an Excursion Manager.

Synthetic Environment for Analysis and Simulation (SEAS)

JFCOM has used SEAS to conduct a number of HITL experiments, providing the ability to evaluate the Effects Based Approach, in Sea Viking 05, Multinational Experiment 4, and UR 2015. Each deployment built on the previous, serving as stepping stones in the development of SWS.

Virtual International System (SEAS-VIS)
The SEAS-VIS model is a representation of the Institutions, Organizations, Leaders, Individuals, and Infrastructure that make up a society. The geography of a society is modeled at various levels including City, Province, Country, Region, and World in terms of Political, Military, Economic, Social, Information, and Infrastructure (PMESII) nodes. The virtual environment integrates multiple theories from various disciplines to program behaviorally accurate agents with dynamic rules that govern and guide their actions and interactions. SEAS-VIS facilitates a seamless and interchangeable integration of human and software agents and allows for testing the efficacy of theories, decisions, strategies, and tools.

SEAS-VIS offers the ability to do course of action (COA) analysis, test hypotheses, learn through experimentation, conduct effects-based operations and planning, and develop and refine Operational Net Assessment (ONA). The product allows the user to evaluate and manage the challenges of international crises.

Near Real Time (SEAS-NRT)
SEAS-NRT consists of human behavior models that are best suited to a short period of time (within hours), such as crowding and rioting, escalation of emotional arousal, and terrorist personnel collaborating in improvised explosive device attacks. Following the fractal approach to representing an environment, the SEAS-NRT models operate on the same entities that SEAS-VIS models operate on. In this way, SEAS-NRT and SEAS-VIS are coupled together in a Society of Models. Individuals respond to the media and world public opinion models in SEAS-VIS, placing the individual in a dynamic global context, while also enabling the individuals to sense and react to local events in real time.

SimBridge
Model integration within SEAS and application of SEAS to the tactical, kinetic realm, have been facilitated by SimBridge, an implementation of the Society Approach. Through SimBridge, SEAS has been integrated with Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) federations that implement the High Level Architecture (HLA) approach to simulation integration. SEAS connected to JSAF through a liaison that joined the JSAF federation as a single federate. In this way, SEAS was enabled to interact with CultureSim, CBSim, real-time HITL players, and many other components. SEAS interacts with CultureSim to represent real-time population movement and activity. SEAS with input from a Chemical Biological Simulation (CBSim) capture the influence of chemical and biological dispersions on population behavior.

Supporting the Society of Systems approach, the SimBridge Data Service (SDS) provides a query interface through which visualizations, analysis tools, and external data base systems can leverage data residing in shared reality. For UR 2015, SDS provided a selection of statistics representing the state of SEAS models at various granularities to an external data repository, Future After Action Review System (FAARS), and to Tactical Simulation (TACSIM), modeling human intelligence gathering. TACSIM used statistics such as public opinion of Blue (one side in the multiplayer war game) to determine the willingness of the population in a city sector to provide intelligence reports.

eXtensible Net Assessment (xNA)
Underlying SEAS is an ontological representation of SEAS knowledge within the eXtensible Net Assessment (xNA) component. A repository populated by analysts’ understanding of Operational Net Assessment (ONA) is matched with corresponding entities in xNA, enabling SEAS to draw from classified ONA data to conduct certain classified excursions in UR2015. Also, selected types of changes that occur within the simulation run time are persisted back into xNA, creating a dynamic ONA.

xNA represents knowledge tagged with the perspective, source, and excursion where the knowledge originates from. This enables analysis tools to perform cross-COA analysis, such as tracking the emergent growth of an insurgent organization in multiple scenarios where different actions were taken against terror cells.

Course of Action Manager (COA Manager)
Users interacted with SWS 0.5 in both real-time interactions as well as for faster-than-real-time analysis. Eight SEAS environments were used simultaneously to investigate the use of different sets of action plans and to provide an unclassified interface with a select subset of events. One of the environments was placed in a Society of Simulations with JSAF to capture events in real-time.

A COA Manager was implemented to enable each of the environments to be initialized and to enable simulation data to be persisted, tagged with a COA identifier. A specific environment could be restarted by accessing saved data for the desired COA.

The implementation of COA Manager is a step towards an Excursion Manager needed to facilitate SWS excursions

Training

-SWS provides the context within which training excursions are done, presenting the training community with the unprecedented ability to train in a live and comprehensive synthetic environment that is validated by theory and up to date with the real world.

-For skill refinement, a trainee’s skills can be directly compared with an experienced individual’s skills by immersing the trainee into the synthetic environment in the real-world context where the event actually occurred and analyzing the ensuing reactions of the simulated environment.

-Skill acquisition is supported by the ability to illustrate the emergent effects achieved by certain doctrinal theories, and the proper contexts in which to apply them.

-The experimentation platform provides trainers with the ability to store and recall training experiments, start another training experiment where an earlier one left off, and compare results from multiple experiments.

Analysis

-Analysts’ theories are continuously weighed against emergent phenomena in SWS. As SWS progresses with new real world events, the divergence between proposed theories or models indicates a need for a change in thinking. Likewise, the synthetic world may confirm the relevance of theories.

-Cross-excursion analysis reveals the influence of “what if” excursions from a comprehensive perspective.

-The synthetic reference world of SWS provides immediate access to a mix of details from both the real and synthetic worlds which remain up to date with respect to real world data and include details which are not easily obtainable in the real world, such as measurements of emotional arousal for a group of people.

-The analysis capabilities of SWS also reveal relationships between entities that emerge over time. Analysts can perform full strategic, operational, and tactical net assessment with access to a dynamic description of the links between nodes and across nodes and resources.

Planning

-SWS provides tools to develop, reuse, and compose action plans into playbooks. A playbook database enables planners to recall playbooks.

-Planning tools enable plans to be developed for temporally and spatially fine-grained actions as well as long-term actions and to place combined plans into a single playbook.

-Additionally, SWS facilitates the integration of Interagency participation in computer assisted events.

Operations

-The execution environment enables plans to be utilized in a scenario and decision making to be injected.

-Augmenting real-time information with near real-time and faster than real-time simulations allows RCC to develop and test multiple courses of action to anticipate and shape behaviors of adversaries, neutrals, and partners.

-SWS will provide the ability to develop and assess DIME campaigns.

Experimentation

-Users of SWS can take excursions that are configurable for the user’s unique needs, such as selectively including or excluding models, interfaces, visualizations, and data sources.

-Users concerned with a localized region of the world can construct an experiment that uses only a subset of SWS.

-The results from multiple excursions can be merged into a single picture using SWS’ Excursion Manager, providing cross-excursion analysis.

-A subsequent excursion can be instantiated using the results from a previous experiment.

-Researchers can construct experiments to evaluate new models or employ user-supplied data without interfering with the SWS reference world. The new models can be tested and refined in an experimentation environment.

Testing

-SWS provides an environment for testing Psychological Operations (PSYOP) and Civil Affairs activities, capable of illustrating the impact of these activities on populations.

-Commercial users can construct experiments to use proprietary data in a controlled environment.

Cerri, Tony, and Dr. Alok Chaturvedi, "Sentient World Simulation (SWS): A Continuously Running Model of the Real World." Academic Workshop, Concept Paper (draft) (2006): n. pag. Web. 7 Dec. 2016.
http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/academic ... 100606.pdf

This is from 2006, can you imagine what kind of systems we may be working with today?
It all means what, R/T?

My theory is that it means nothing. The singularity won't pay the mortgage, buy your food, or put a roof over your head. You will still go to work and have your soul crushed by a frat boy with an MBA.

So what if the one-percenters are walking around with enhanced nervous systems, and biologically extended lifespans? It's the same as it always was, only more so.
@RhetoricThug, you may wish to consider the following lecture cycle by Dr. Steiner. Cheers.

The Occult Movement and Its Relation to Modern Culture: Ten Lectures Given in Dornach, 10th to 25th October, 1915

LECTURE FIVE

It is very difficult indeed to speak about the so-called “Eighth Sphere” which was referred to openly for the first time by Mr. Sinnett — one cannot say that he gave “information” about it for what he said was a fallacy. [note 1] You can certainly realise why it is difficult to speak about this subject, for again it must be emphasised that our language has been coined for the outer, material world, and the Eighth Sphere was regarded as a secret matter until it was mentioned by Sinnett.
Consequently there are not many words that can be used for characterising the Eighth Sphere. The fact that all mention was avoided for so long will also enable you to realise what is involved when one speaks of it. You will therefore have to take the aphoristic remarks I shall make today as a kind of introductory exposition, given with the object of throwing out certain indications which, to begin with, can be only a small contribution to the subject. It is to be hoped, however, that there will be opportunities for saying more at some later time. On the basis of what was said in the last lecture and also, to some extent, on earlier occasions, I shall try to characterise what is called the “Eighth Sphere” in order that we may have a foundation for describing the development of the spiritual Movement in the nineteenth century and at the beginning of the twentieth.
You will have realised from the lecture yesterday that the Eighth Sphere cannot be anything that belongs to the material world, for I have shown you that the greatest fallacy in Sinnett's statement is that the physical Moon is directly connected with the Eighth Sphere; and I tried to make it comprehensible that the actual foundation of the error consists in the fact that this pointed to something material and physical.
From this you will be able to conjecture, even if not fully to understand, that what is called the Eighth Sphere can have nothing directly to do with anything within the material world — that is to say, what can be perceived by man's senses and thought out on the basis of sensory perception has no part in the Eighth Sphere. So it will be useless to look for the Eighth Sphere anywhere in the material world.
You now have indications by means of which some approach can be made in thought to a conception of the Eighth Sphere. I have said that the Eighth Sphere has something to do with the residue left from the Old Moon and its evolution. So much you can gather from the studies we have pursued in the course of time. I tried to make it clear in the lecture yesterday that on the Old Moon, man's natural mode of perception was visionary and imaginative in character, so that any substantiality to be discerned in the Eighth Sphere must be found with this kind of vision. That is to say: it must be presumed at the outset that the Eighth Sphere is found by way of visionary Imaginations.

Diagram 5

How was it that the expression “Eighth Sphere” came to be used? — You know that human evolution takes its course through the seven spheres of Saturn, Sun, Moon, Earth, Jupiter, Venus, Vulcan. We will conceive that besides these seven spheres there is still something else which lies outside them and yet is in some way related to the Earth. Here, then, we have a sphere, visible only to visionary-imaginative clairvoyance, which stands there as an Eighth Sphere over and above the seven which constitute the domain of the ordered and regular evolution of mankind. All such sketches are, of course, purely diagrammatic; one is obliged to draw separately spheres which can only be observed each within the others. For you will certainly have realised from our studies that as long as a man is within the material world, makes his observations through the senses and thinks with the intellect, he is standing in the Fourth Sphere, the Earth Sphere. If he develops his faculties of soul sufficiently to be able to see the Third Sphere, the Moon Sphere, then he takes a far flight—but not in the spatial sense. He observes, not from another place, but physically speaking, spatially speaking, from the same place. These seven spheres ought therefore in reality to be drawn within one another. They are successive stages and states of evolution and, fundamentally, such a diagram is of no other value than as if one were to say: human beings develop from birth to the seventh year in a first stage, from the seventh to the fourteenth year in a second stage, and so on. The being who has developed from the first to the seventh year cannot be thought of as separate from the being who is developing from the seventh until the fourteenth year. Neither is it correct to think of the seven successive spheres or stages of the Earth's evolution as separate from each other.
This will give you an inkling that the Eighth Sphere is to be observed within the Earth Sphere. It cannot properly be drawn either above or below; to depict the reality it would have to be sketched into the Earth Sphere. I have often given a crude example to express what is here meant. Just as the physical air is around us, so is the Spiritual around us; we have to look for the Spiritual within what is actually physical in our environment. Hence it must be presumed that just as the spiritual is round about us, so we must also look for the Eighth Sphere in our environment. This means that an organ enabling man to perceive the Eighth Sphere would have to be developed, just as his physical senses enable him to perceive the material Earth. He could then experience the Eighth Sphere quite consciously; but unconsciously he is always within it just as we are always within the air, even if we are not aware of it. And if we have developed an organ for experiencing the Eighth Sphere, we are conscious of it around us. So that if the Eighth Sphere is to be described, it must obviously be described as a realm in which we are living all the time.
Now, as I said, all that I can do in these introductory studies is to give some general information—the rest will emerge as we proceed. First of all, you can understand that what is around us as the Eighth Sphere is accessible to Imaginative-visionary clairvoyance. To develop Imaginative clairvoyance without perceiving something of the Eighth Sphere is impossible. The reason why it is so difficult to speak of matters such as the Eighth Sphere is because really clear and discriminative clairvoyance is possessed by so very few. In the Eighth Sphere we have to do with Imaginations, and what constitutes the essential nature of Earth-evolution — that is to say, the Fourth Sphere — is not present in the Eighth Sphere. The essential nature of the Fourth Sphere is constituted, as I indicated yesterday, by the mineral impregnation of this world-body. That we are able to live on the Earth is due to the fact that this Fourth Sphere has been mineralised: we live in a mineralised environment; what is perceived through the physical senses can be co-ordinated by the intellect. But we must conceive that the mineral element is totally absent from the Eighth Sphere.
When we eliminate the mineral element in thought, all that remains is a later stage of the Old Moon evolution, for whence could anything else originate ? But evolution proceeds; something that is perceptible through Imaginative, visionary clairvoyance but could be nothing else than a residue of the Old Moon—that would be no Eighth Sphere. All that could be said would be that something has been left behind by the Third Sphere.
In order to have some inkling of facts relating to the Eighth Sphere, let us keep the following in mind. In the course of its regular evolution, the Third Sphere became the Fourth Sphere; that is to say, a transition of the third elemental kingdom — for that is what we must call it — to the mineral kingdom took place. The mineral element was added. Otherwise we should have to conceive of the Old Moon as a sum-total of substantiality, imaginatively perceptible! It must therefore be assumed that the regular progression from the Old Moon to the Earth, from the Third Sphere to the Fourth Sphere, consists in what was formerly only imaginatively perceptible becoming materially perceptible, that is to say becoming mineralised. As the Eighth Sphere there remains, to begin with, the Old Moon element, but owing to a particular happening this Old Moon element undergoes a change. What took place in order that the Fourth Sphere might be able to arise from the Third is clearly described in the book Occult Science, where it is said that to the activities of the Spirits of Movement are added those of the Spirits of Form under whose guidance the whole process of the transformation takes place. [note 2] We can therefore say that the Fourth Sphere arises out of the Third through the fact that the Spirits of Form add their activities to those of the Spirits of Movement.
If the Spirits of Form had achieved everything that their own nature desires and moreover is able to achieve, when the mission of Sphere Three was fulfilled in the Cosmos, Sphere Four would have arisen quite naturally from Sphere Three. That is obvious. But we know that Luciferic and Ahrimanic spirits are at work — and they hold back for themselves something of the Old Moon substantiality, wrest it away, as it were, from the Spirits of Form. The fact that Lucifer and Ahriman do so is indicative of their essential nature. Thus as Sphere Three is advancing to a further stage, something is wrested from the Spirits of Form by Lucifer and Ahriman; into this part that is wrested away, Lucifer and Ahriman penetrate, instead of the Spirits of Form. The activities of Lucifer and Ahriman are added to those of the Spirits of Movement and, as a result, Eight arises out of Three. (Note by translator: The Eighth Sphere out of the Third Sphere.)
Something else, then, must be there, not merely the Old Moon, and this “something else” which comes into being as well as Sphere Four is constituted by the fact that mineral substantiality, as it comes into being, is wrested away at the moment of the birth of the Fourth Sphere. Thus when the mineral comes into existence out of the Imaginative substantiality, it is snatched by Lucifer and Ahriman and made into Imagination. Instead of an Earth arising from the remaining Old Moon substantiality, a cosmic body takes shape whose birth is due to the fact that the substantiality wrested from the Earth is made into what has come over from the Old Moon.
Now recall how I have described the conditions pertaining to the Old Moon, in the book Occult Science. In the Old Moon there was as yet nothing mineral. Had mineral substance been present, that world-body would have been an Earth, not Moon. Sphere Four comes into being through the birth of the mineral element. In that Lucifer and Ahriman approach, snatch mineral substantiality out of Sphere Four and infuse it into Sphere Three, the Old Moon is recapitulated, but now with materiality that belongs properly to the Earth.
Mark this well: instead of pure Imaginations being there, the Imaginations are densified by the infusion of a mineral element that has been wrested from the Earth. Densified Imaginations are thus created. We are therefore drawn into a world of densified Imaginations which are not lunar in character because they have been densified by materiality belonging to the Earth. They are ghosts, spectres — that is to say, behind our world there is a world of spectres created by Lucifer and Ahriman.
Let me express it schematically, as follows: On the Old Moon certain pictures were present. These should have passed over to the Earth as something everywhere perceptible. But Lucifer and Ahriman retained them for themselves. Lucifer and Ahriman wrested from the Earth certain of its constituents and made them into Imaginations, so that these Earth-substances became, not Earthly formations, but Moon formations. Into our Fourth Sphere, therefore, there has been instilled a sphere that is really a Moon-sphere, but is filled with Earthly substantiality and is therefore a bogus creation in the Universe. To the seven Spheres, an Eighth, created in opposition to the progressive Spirits, has been added. The necessary consequence of this is that the Spirits of Form must do battle on the Earth for every morsel of substantiality capable of mineralisation, lest it should be wrested from them by Lucifer and Ahriman and borne into the Eighth Sphere.
In truth, therefore, our Earth —the Fourth Sphere — is simply not what it appears outwardly to be. Were it really to consist of atoms, all these atoms would still be impregnated by formations belonging to the Eighth Sphere — which are perceptible only to visionary clairvoyance. These formations are present everywhere; so too is the spectre-like content of the Eighth Sphere which can therefore be perceived just as actual spectres are perceived. All earthly being and existence are involved here. Lucifer and Ahriman strive unceasingly to draw from the Earth's substances whatever they can snatch, in order to form their Eighth Sphere which then, when it is sufficiently advanced, will be detached from the Earth and go its own way in the Cosmos together with Lucifer and Ahriman. Needless to say, the Earth would then pass over to Jupiter as a mere torso. But man, as you realise, has his established place in the whole of Earth-evolution, for he is mineralised through and through. We are permeated by the mineralising process which is itself drawn into this battle, so that morsels of this substance can be continually wrested from it. Therefore we ourselves are involved in the battle. Lucifer and Ahriman battle against the Spirits of Form, with the aim of wresting mineral substance from us everywhere.
But the strength of the process varies in the different regions of our organism. We are diversely constituted; some of our organs are more perfect than others. The most perfect of all is our organ of thinking, the brain and the skull, and there the battle of which I have spoken is the most vehement, precisely because this human head, this human brain, is fashioned as it is; and it is so fashioned because at this place in our body, Lucifer, and Ahriman too, have been the most successful in wresting mineral substance from us. Physical substance there is more spiritualised than anywhere else. The formation of our skull is due to the fact that it is there that most has been wrested from us. Hence it is precisely through the head that we can emancipate ourselves from our organism to the greatest extent. We can soar upwards in thoughts, we can distinguish between the good and the evil. And for that very reason, Lucifer and Ahriman have there been the most successful in wresting away substantiality; in the so-called noblest organ of man they have been able to wrest away the greatest amount of mineralised substantiality. This alchemy by which mineral substance is sent over into the Eighth Sphere is taking place all the time behind the scenes of our existence. — To begin with, I am simply communicating information; corroborations will emerge more and more clearly as our studies proceed.
If everything were to run without a hitch for Lucifer and Ahriman, if they were everywhere able to wrest as much as they wrest from the organ of the head, Earth-evolution would soon reach a point where Lucifer and Ahriman could succeed in destroying our Earth and in leading over all evolution of worlds into the Eighth Sphere, so that Earth-evolution as a whole would take a different course. Hence Lucifer endeavours to unfold his greatest strength of all at the place where man is the most vulnerable, namely, in his head. The stronghold which it is easiest for Lucifer to capture is the human head; and everything that is similar to the head in respect of the distribution of the mineral element, so that it can be drawn out in the same way, is equally exposed to the danger of being despatched into the Eighth Sphere. No less a prospect looms as a consequence of this intention of Lucifer and Ahriman than that the whole evolution of humanity may be allowed to disappear into the Eighth Sphere, so that this evolution would take a different course.

Diagram 6

That, you see, was the intention of Lucifer and Ahriman from the beginning of Earth-evolution — to let the whole of this evolution disappear into the Eighth Sphere. It was therefore necessary that a counterweight should be created by those Spirits who belong to the Hierarchy of the Spirits of Form. The outer counterweight they created consists in this: into the “space”, as it were, of the Eighth Sphere something was inserted which works against this Eighth Sphere. To present this correctly, we must show the Earth here, and the Eighth Sphere here (see diagram). The Eighth Sphere belongs to our physical Earth in the sense indicated. We are surrounded everywhere by the Imaginations into which the aim is that mineral materiality shall continually be drawn. There lies the reason for the sacrifice made by Jahve or Jehovah — the precipitation of substance far denser than the other mineralised substance. This was established by Jahve as Moon, as the counteracting agent. It was substance of extreme density — and this density was described by Sinnett as substance of a far denser physical-mineral character than exists anywhere on the Earth. Hence Lucifer and Ahriman cannot dissolve it away into their world of Imaginations. And so this Moon circles around as a globe of dense matter, solid, dense, indestructible. If you read carefully enough you will find that even the descriptions of the Moon given by physicists tally with this. Everything that was available on the Earth was drawn out and placed there in order that there should be enough physical matter incapable of being wrested away. When we look at the Moon, we see there in the Universe a substance far more intensely mineralised, far physically denser, than exists anywhere on the Earth. Jahve or Jehovah, then, must be regarded as that Being who even in the physical domain has ensured that not all materiality can be drawn away by Lucifer and Ahriman. And then, at the right time, equal care will be taken by the same Spirit that the Moon shall re-enter the Earth when the Earth is strong enough to receive it, when the danger is averted by the development that has meanwhile taken place. [note 3]
This applies to the external, physical-mineral domain. But in the human domain too it was necessary that a counterweight should be created to the intention aimed at the human head. Just as in the outside world materiality had to be densified so that Lucifer and Ahriman cannot dissolve it by their alchemy, so in the human being something had to be set over against the organ that can most easily be attacked by Lucifer and Ahriman. Jahve had therefore to take care, just as he had done in respect of the mineral domain, that not everything can succumb to the attacks of Lucifer and Ahriman.
Care had to be taken that not everything in man proceeding from the head can become the prey of Lucifer and Ahriman; that not everything shall depend upon head-activity and the activity of the outward-turned senses, for then Lucifer and Ahriman would have been victors. It was necessary that a counterweight should be created in the domain of earthly life, that there should be in the human being something entirely independent of the head. And this was achieved through the work of the good Spirits of Form, who implanted the principle of Love into the principle of heredity on Earth. That is to say, there is now operative in the human race something that is independent of the head, that passes from generation to generation and has its deepest foundations in the physical nature of man.
Everything that is connected with propagation and with heredity, everything that is independent of man in the sense that he cannot penetrate it with his thinking, everything that is the gift of the Moon in the celestial firmament—that, in man, is what has proceeded from the principle of Love permeating the process of propagation and heredity. Hence the violent battle which persists through history, the battle waged by Lucifer and Ahriman against everything that comes from this domain. Lucifer and Ahriman want to force on man the exclusive sovereignty of the head, and they launch their attacks by way of the head against everything that is purely natural affinity. For whatever is hereditary substance on the Earth cannot be wrested away by them. What the Moon is in the heavens, heredity is in men on the Earth below. Everything that is grounded in heredity, everything that is not charged with thought, that is connected intrinsically with physical nature — that is the Jahve-principle. The Jahve-principle unfolds its greatest activity where nature is working as nature; it is there that Jahve has outpoured in greatest measure the Love that is his natural attribute, in order to create a counterweight to the lovelessness, the mere wisdom, of Lucifer and Ahriman.
It would be necessary to go very thoroughly into matters recently presented from quite different points of view, in order to show how in the Moon and in the process of human heredity, barricades have been created against Lucifer and Ahriman by the Spirits of Form. If you think more deeply about these matters, you will find that something of immense importance is contained in the indications given.
Now in order to reach at least some measure of understanding, the subject must also be approached from a rather different standpoint. If you remember what is said in the book Occult Science about the evolution of man through the Old Saturn, Old Sun and Old Moon stages, you will realise that in these stages there can be no question of freedom. In those other stages man is enclosed in a web of necessity. In order that he might be ripe for freedom, the mineral nature had to be incorporated into him; he had to become a being permeated with the mineral element. Hence man can be educated for freedom only within the earthly-material world.
This by itself indicates the tremendous significance of the earthly-material world. That which must be acquired by mankind — freedom of the will — can be acquired only during Earth-evolution. In the Jupiter, Venus, and Vulcan stages men will need this freedom of will. Therefore when we consider the question of freedom, we are in a realm of great importance; for we know that the Earth is the begetter of freedom precisely because it is the Earth that impregnates man with the physical-mineral element.
From this you will understand that what stems from the free will must be kept within the realm of Earth. To Spheres Three, Two and One, it is impossible to apply anything that stems from the principle of freedom. But the endeavour of Lucifer and Ahriman is to drag the free will of man, and whatever stems from it, into the Eighth Sphere. This means that man is perpetually exposed to the danger of having his free will wrested from him and dragged by Lucifer and Ahriman into the Eighth Sphere.
This happens if the element of free will is transformed, for example, into visionary clairvoyance. When this is the case, a man is already in the Eighth Sphere. This is a matter of which occultists are so reluctant to speak, because it is an awful, terrible truth. The moment the free will is transformed into visionary clairvoyance, what unfolds in the human being becomes the booty of Lucifer and Ahriman. It is immediately captured by them and thereby spirited away from the Earth. You can see from this how, through the shackling of free will, the spectres of the Eighth Sphere are created. Lucifer and Ahriman are engaged perpetually in shackling man's free will and in conjuring all sorts of things before him in order to tear away what he makes out of these things and let it disappear in the Eighth Sphere.
When clairvoyance in all kinds of different forms develops in naive, credulous, superstitious people, it is often the case that their free will has been sacrificed. Then Lucifer instantly seizes hold of it, and whereas these people imagine they have had an experience of immortality, the truth is that in their visions they see a part, or a product, of their souls being wrested away and prepared for the Eighth Sphere.
You can imagine from this how deep was the concern of those who, having compromised by agreeing that by way of mediumship all kinds of truths relating to the spiritual world should be given to the public, then found the mediums believing that the dead were speaking to them. But the occultists then knew that what takes place between mediums and living men is that the stream of free will is passing into the Eighth Sphere. Instead of a link being formed with the Eternal, the mediums were testifying precisely to what was continually disappearing into the Eighth Sphere.
From this you will realise that Lucifer and Ahriman have an avid desire to bring as much as possible into the Eighth Sphere. Although Goethe mixed Lucifer and Ahriman together, he has nevertheless correctly described how a soul is wrested away from the clutches of Mephistopheles-Ahriman! It would be the richest prize for Lucifer and Ahriman if they could ever succeed in capturing a whole soul for themselves; for thereby such a soul would disappear into the Eighth Sphere and be lost from Earth-evolution. The greatest victory for Lucifer and Ahriman would be if one day they could claim that countless numbers of the dead had passed into their sphere. That would be their greatest victory. Moreover there is a way of achieving it. Lucifer and Ahriman may say: human beings long to know something about the life between death and a new birth. If, therefore, we tell them that they are learning something from the dead, they will be satisfied and will direct their feelings towards the realm from which announcements are made to them as coming from the dead. If therefore we desire that the hearts and minds of men shall be guided towards the Eighth Sphere, let us say to them: we are telling you something that comes from the dead. We shall capture men by alleging that the dead are in our domain.
This devilish plan — for here we have indeed to do with the devil — was put into effect by Lucifer and Ahriman when it had occurred to occultists to endeavour to accomplish something through mediumship. Lucifer and Ahriman inspired the mediums through whom they arranged the whole business, in order that people might be guided to the realm whence the dead were alleged to be speaking. Lucifer and Ahriman could then lay hold of their souls. The occultists were alarmed when they saw what course things were taking and they took counsel among themselves as to how to steer away from it. Even those who belonged to the left wing realised what was happening, and they said: we will do something different! An opportunity then presented itself through the appearance of a remarkable personality, namely H. P. Blavatsky. Now, after the plan had been seen through and the occultists on the Earth no longer lent their hands to it, Lucifer and Ahriman were obliged to pursue their aim in a different way.
Materialism had come upon the scene in the natural course of the Earth's evolution. Therefore in order to reckon with the mineralised process of evolution, it was necessary that men's attention should be focussed entirely on material things. That is materialism pure and simple! The occultists who had special aims of their own, said: Well and good, we will rely upon materialism. If, however, we take materialism in its purely earthly form, man will inevitably discover one day through his thinking that atoms do not exist — so that will not be very fertile soil. But human thinking can certainly be perverted if materialism is made occult. The best way of doing this is to present the Sphere that had to be created as a counterweight to the Eighth Sphere as the Eighth Sphere itself! If people can be led to believe that the materiality created as a counterweight to the Eighth Sphere is the Eighth Sphere itself, that will outstrip every conceivable earthly materialism! And earthly materialism was indeed outstripped in the assertion made by Sinnett. Materialism is there imported into the realm of occultism; occultism there becomes materialism. But sooner or later men would have been bound to discover this. H. P. Blavatsky, who had deep insight into this phase of the Earth's evolution, divined something of what was happening, after she had seen through the tricks of that strange individuality of whom I spoke in the last lecture, and she said to herself: This cannot go on as it is; it must be changed! But she said that under the influence of the Indian occultists who belonged to the left wing. She realised that things must change but that something not easily detectable must be created. In order to create something herself that would outstrip Sinnett's assertion, she acceded to the proposals of the Indian occultists who were inspiring her. These occultists, being adherents of the left path, had no other aim than the promotion of their own special interests — Indian interests. They had in mind to establish all over the Earth a system of wisdom from which Christ, and Jahve too, were excluded. Therefore something whereby Christ and Jahve were eliminated would have to be interpolated.
The following method was then adopted. It was said: Lucifer is in truth the great benefactor of mankind. (Of Ahriman there was no mention; so little was known of him that one name was used for both.) Lucifer brings to men everything they have gained through the head: science, art, in short, all progress. He is the true Spirit of Light; it is to him that men must adhere. And Jahve — what has he done, in reality ? He has established in men the principle of physical heredity! He is a Moon God who has introduced elements pertaining to the Moon. Hence the statement in The Secret Doctrine that men should not adhere to Jahve, for he is only the Lord of materiality, of all the lower, earthly impulses; the true benefactor of mankind is Lucifer. This shimmers through the whole of The Secret Doctrine, and is, moreover, clearly stated there. And so for occult reasons H. P. Blavatsky was prepared in such a way as to become a hater of Christ and Jahve. For in the occult domain such an utterance signifies exactly the same as Sinnett's statement that the Moon is the Eighth Sphere.
It is through knowledge alone that an approach can be made to these things — verily through knowledge alone. Therefore when we began the periodical Lucifer-Gnosis, the first article was necessarily on the subject of Lucifer, in order that he should be rightly understood, in order that it should be realised that inasmuch as he brings about head-activity, he is a benefactor of mankind. But the counterweight must also be there: Love must be there as the counterweight. This was stated in the very first article of the periodical, because at this point it was essential to intervene.
As you see, things were complicated. Fundamentally, what it was desired to achieve through H. P. Blavatsky was that men should be misled into believing in the Eighth Sphere. They could most easily be misled into this belief by something false being presented to them as the Eighth Sphere. Naturally, people were led to the spiritual world, for Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine has this great merit, that through it men's minds were directed to the spiritual world. But the path followed was in pursuance of special interests, not the interests of the evolution of humanity in general. All these things must be kept strictly in mind if we are to be quite clear as to which is the healthy path. We must not accept empty words without verification if we desire to hav e genuine occultism; we must resolve to see things clearly. Particularly at the present point of time in our development it has been necessary for me to give certain indications about these things, indications which can be supplemented at some other time by matters of even greater significance. I had to give these indications because, if you keep them rightly in your minds, you will see how our ship has been steered from the beginning of our Movement — steered in such a way that account has been taken of all the false paths that can be pursued and of all those things that were a menace to the spiritual development of humanity.
Indications of a path into the spiritual world must not be given blindly, above all not as the result of rapturous fanaticism. That is why the exhortation has again and again had to be made among you, my dear friends, that it is urgently necessary not to allow yourselves to be duped by what leads to the Eighth Sphere. And if again and again it has been said that more caution should be exercised in the domain of visionary clairvoyance, that validity should be ascribed only to that clairvoyance which, in leading into the higher worlds, excludes Lucifer and Ahriman — then it will be seen that everything capable of bringing the soul into connection with the Eighth Sphere must be rejected. If the tendency to shackle the free will and remain in the domain of visionary clairvoyance comes into evidence time and again, this is a sign that opposition is being put in the way of the clear-cut endeavour of our Movement, owing to the propensity to fetter the free will in visionary clairvoyance.
How happy some people would have been if only they could have shackled the free will! This was a symptom of how many of the traits prevailing in the other Movements spoken of here were being imported into our own Movement. It was not from Blavatsky, nor was it from outside, but by our Members themselves that breaches were constantly being made in what it is our aim to achieve. Such breaches were and are being made because announcements of visionary clairvoyants are greeted with rapturous wonder! This was an expression of perverse love for the Eighth Sphere. When one or another person has insisted: Dr. Steiner has said that such and such ought to be done, then this means that such and such a person wants to deliver up the free will to foreign influence, to let this will be determined, not by himself, but by someone else; he wants to make someone else responsible for instilling into the physical world a willingness to allow the free will to be fettered. Whenever people give way to fatalism instead of making decisions through their own power of judgment, they show their inclination to the Eighth Sphere. And everything that passes in this way into the Eighth Sphere disappears from Earth evolution, does not go forward in the right way with Earth evolution.
We have come to a point where it behoves us to pay heed to these things — that is why they have been brought forward. We have come to a point where we must pay attention to the needle in the scales which oscillates all the time between the exoteric and the esoteric. The principle in esotericism observed among us is that, fundamentally speaking, the occult life in its reality cannot be expressed by means of words. Things are said sometimes in an esoteric, sometimes in an exoteric form, and these are, as it were, two different dialects of one inexpressible language. And if in his arrogance a man wants to substitute the exoteric for the esoteric, he forgets that they are two dialects of an inexpressible language and that everything depends upon how he is able to hold the balance between the two. But what still remains between the two must be regarded as an inexpressible language—there is always something that cannot be directly expressed.
If, as in the book Occult Science, certain exoteric (sic) matters are publicised, care must be taken that in such a publication everything is put in such a way that it is within the grasp of the contemporary culture prevailing in the non-occult world outside. When it is said that something should remain esoteric, this simply means that it should remain within the circle of those who participate in everything that is presented in the sphere of esotericism. If things go wrong here, the esoteric is carried into the exoteric and then one is always facing a danger. This happens whenever anything that should be kept within a limited circle is carried out into the world so that there is no possibility of keeping up with it. ... During the years we have been pursuing our studies of Spiritual Science I have endeavoured to develop things in such a way that it can be clear to everyone who really goes into them that they are intelligible even before clairvoyance is attained. I have been at pains to make public nothing that cannot be comprehensible in its own domain. It follows therefore that only those who are willing to see human beings pass into the Eighth Sphere can have any valid objection to this spiritual-scientific Movement. When I made public the most delicate facts of all about the two Jesus children, opposition arose from a quarter which understood nothing at all and still places its faith in mediumship; whereas one who studies the Bible deeply enough today can grasp the circumstances which confirm the statement about the two Jesus children. We must therefore take our stand on the principle of following attentively what is brought forward, but not allowing it to be said that it is accepted among us out of belief in authority. Never should the phrase be heard that truths are accepted simply because I have voiced them! We should sin against the truth were we to say any such thing. One thing or another may be grounded on confidence; but that can never be made into a principle. Someone else may perhaps be better able to tread the path; but the rule to which every individual should adhere is this: not to accept things on authority, but to put them to the test.
It is by testing that confirmation will be found. Whenever the word “confidence” has been used among us it has been a danger signal; it has been a sign that we have entered a period when dangers threaten us. The attitude hitherto prevailing among us must cease, for Spiritual Science is grounded, not upon authority, but upon knowledge. The time for being easy-going about presenting Spiritual Science is over. Enemies will be on the look-out everywhere and we shall have much to combat; we shall have to make ourselves equal to the battle, and whenever confused minds feel compelled to throw themselves into the combat this will make it especially possible for the forces working against our spiritual-scientific Movement to develop.
These things must be regarded as resulting from the nature of the subject itself. We shall have to resolve to take account of all of them. For Movements with a particular bias find acceptance and adherents simply because there are always groups of human beings here and there whose interests are suited by one-sidedness. Humanity consists, does it not, of groups of human beings. If, now, an occultist attaches himself to a group, he finds it a means of support, he has a foothold from which he can start, because this group helps him. Therefore everyone who starts from a one-sided, biassed outlook may expect some measure of agreement and good-will. But he who starts from truth itself has, to begin with, all humanity against him. Truth has to conquer its domain with complete disinterestedness. That is why, at bottom, nothing is more hated than the truth, the unvarnished truth. And so there may be many adherents here and there who actually cherish hatred deep down within them. No wonder that this hatred sometimes cuts through the force that builds a wall against it — cuts through this force because the hatred has been accumulating for so long. Such hatred is far more widespread than is imagined and it is a factor that must be reckoned with. Wherever truth is trying to assert itself endeavours are made to transform and re-cast it in such a way that it can somehow serve the opposing Powers. And various endeavours cropping up among us at the present time must be regarded as an effort to distort truth as presented here and apply it in a different sense. The craftiest way of doing this is to declare: the teaching itself is good, the teacher—worthless. The teaching is stolen from the teacher and efforts are made to apply it to some other aims. — What Lucifer and Ahriman would love to do is to be able to take the wisdom of the Gods lock, stock and barrel and transfer it to the Eighth Sphere.
Endeavours such as those I have mentioned are directed to changing a Society in which freedom can prevail into a Society of slaves. That is the method which can serve Ahriman, for he sets out to make such activities useful to himself. — That is the more esoteric side of the matter, which we must now also consider with the necessary earnestness from the exoteric aspect—in the other dialect.
I would beg you not to lose sight of the fact that we are standing at a crucial point in the development of our Spiritual Science.

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA254/ ... 18p01.html
quetzalcoatl wrote:It all means what, R/T?

My theory is that it means nothing.
So why bother posting? :eh:

The singularity won't pay the mortgage, buy your food, or put a roof over your head. You will still go to work and have your soul crushed by a frat boy with an MBA.
Do you understand the singularity (all the semantic versions)? Why are you whining? :roll:

So what if the one-percenters are walking around with enhanced nervous systems, and biologically extended lifespans? It's the same as it always was, only more so.
But where will the children play, quetzlcoatl? :*(

@Donald , thank you for the information. ;)
it should be realised that inasmuch as he brings about head-activity, he is a benefactor of mankind. But the counterweight must also be there: Love must be there as the counterweight.
:up:

LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Next time take a maximum of three drops of acid. Drinking the whole blotter is not a good idea.
Is this how you cope with my intellect? Poisoning the well by suggesting that my thoughts be circumstantial hallucinogenic sparks? :lol: Get real, cackle-mac.
People should genetically engineer a gourd-like plant with a tough shell to grow to a really large size, then we can just hollow them out, reinforce and waterproof the giant shell a bit, and we would be able to grow instant houses. Imagine how environmentalist that would be!

Just kidding, we already have that. It's called a tree.
but perhaps we also connect to a 'dream-network' that may bypass the third-dimension and non locally connect to information beyond the visible spectrum? Dark matter may be the binding element which energizes the human brain (and the human heart's alternating current), and maybe we're organically connected to some kind of 'Astral-net,' when we dream; due to the fact that the human brain is made up of all the materials that exist in the universe, everything must be connected at the quantum level...

I use RIMM and RIM to remind the user that quarks have rims, or outer boundaries (which fluctuate), and when we sleep, quarks may communicate on the particle's rim to excite the entire field while we sleep. The 'Astral-net' may excite the brain's quantum field by vibrating at an electromagnetic frequency which penetrates the human brain while dreaming. Basically, our brains may have built-in gateways that allow humans to go online and interface with information outside of our known dimensional LAN. Lastly, the sleep mechanism (program design) may be incredibly intuitive, because it recharges the human organism's hardware while updating and downloading new information.

In a paper published today in the journal Nature, the ALPHA collaboration reports the first ever measurement on the optical spectrum of an antimatter atom. This achievement features technological developments that open up a completely new era in high-precision antimatter research. It is the result of over 20 years of work by the CERN antimatter community.

"Using a laser to observe a transition in antihydrogen and comparing it to hydrogen to see if they obey the same laws of physics has always been a key goal of antimatter research," said Jeffrey Hangst, Spokesperson of the ALPHA collaboration.

Atoms consist of electrons orbiting a nucleus. When the electrons move from one orbit to another they absorb or emit light at specific wavelengths, forming the atom's spectrum. Each element has a unique spectrum. As a result, spectroscopy is a commonly used tool in many areas of physics, astronomy and chemistry. It helps to characterise atoms and molecules and their internal states. For example, in astrophysics, analysing the light spectrum of remote stars allows scientists to determine their composition.

With its single proton and single electron, hydrogen is the most abundant, simple and well-understood atom in the Universe. Its spectrum has been measured to very high precision. Antihydrogen atoms, on the other hand are poorly understood. Because the universe appears to consist entirely of matter, the constituents of antihydrogen atoms – antiprotons and positrons – have to be produced and assembled into atoms before the antihydrogen spectrum can be measured. It's a painstaking process, but well worth the effort since any measurable difference between the spectra of hydrogen and antihydrogen would break basic principles of physics and possibly help understand the puzzle of the matter-antimatter imbalance in the universe.

Today's ALPHA result is the first observation of a spectral line in an antihydrogen atom, allowing the light spectrum of matter and antimatter to be compared for the first time. Within experimental limits, the result shows no difference compared to the equivalent spectral line in hydrogen. This is consistent with the Standard Model of particle physics, the theory that best describes particles and the forces at work between them, which predicts that hydrogen and antihydrogen should have identical spectroscopic characteristics.

The ALPHA collaboration expects to improve the precision of its measurements in the future. Measuring the antihydrogen spectrum with high-precision offers an extraordinary new tool to test whether matter behaves differently from antimatter and thus to further test the robustness of the Standard Model.

ALPHA is a unique experiment at CERN's Antiproton Decelerator facility, able to produce antihydrogen atoms and hold them in a specially-designed magnetic trap, manipulating antiatoms a few at a time. Trapping antihydrogen atoms allows them to be studied using lasers or other radiation sources.

"Moving and trapping antiprotons or positrons is easy because they are charged particles," said Hangst. "But when you combine the two you get neutral antihydrogen, which is far more difficult to trap, so we have designed a very special magnetic trap that relies on the fact that antihydrogen is a little bit magnetic."

Antihydrogen is made by mixing plasmas of about 90,000 antiprotons from the Antiproton Decelerator with positrons, resulting in the production of about 25,000 antihydrogen atoms per attempt. Antihydrogen atoms can be trapped if they are moving slowly enough when they are created. Using a new technique in which the collaboration stacks anti-atoms resulting from two successive mixing cycles, it is possible to trap on average 14 anti-atoms per trial, compared to just 1.2 with earlier methods. By illuminating the trapped atoms with a laser beam at a precisely tuned frequency, scientists can observe the interaction of the beam with the internal states of antihydrogen. The measurement was done by observing the so-called 1S-2S transition. The 2S state in atomic hydrogen is long-lived, leading to a narrow natural line width, so it is particularly suitable for precision measurement.

The current result, along with recent limits on the ratio of the antiproton-electron mass established by the ASACUSA collaboration, and antiproton charge-to-mass ratio determined by the BASE collaboration, demonstrate that tests of fundamental symmetries with antimatter at CERN are maturing rapidly.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-12-alpha-spec ... r.html#jCp

In conclusion, we have developed a source for the in-flight GS-HFS spectroscopy of antihydrogen. We detected a significant fraction of antihydrogen atoms in quantum states below n=29 at 2.7 m downstream of the production region. This opens the way towards a variety of other attractive physics experiments such as optical spectroscopy and studies of the weak equivalence principle

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms4089

Hong Wu wrote:People should genetically engineer a gourd-like plant with a tough shell to grow to a really large size, then we can just hollow them out, reinforce and waterproof the giant shell a bit, and we would be able to grow instant houses. Imagine how environmentalist that would be!

Just kidding, we already have that. It's called a tree.
Must be an excerpt from your bestseller (tear-resistance, baby-durable), Deep Thinks of Hung Wu... :lol:
Please refrain from posting simplistic and derailing comments, especially if you have nothing constructive to post, concerning the electromagnetic field.

Directed energy weapons (DEW)

Non-lethal application

Targeted individuals and DEW miniaturization experimentation

To find out more about her peculiar case, visit https://stop007.org/ or visit her youtube

My question for PoFo: Can the covert & overt use of DEWs lead to large scale population control? Given the history of stuff like 'MKUltra,' What do you think about the 'targeted individuals phenomenon,' and do you support classified human experimentation?

Nobody believed him. His family told him to get help. But Timothy Trespas, an out-of-work recording engineer in his early 40s, was sure he was being stalked, and not by just one person, but dozens of them.

He would see the operatives, he said, disguised as ordinary people, lurking around his Midtown Manhattan neighborhood. Sometimes they bumped into him and whispered nonsense into his ear, he said.

“Now you see how it works,” they would say.

At first, Mr. Trespas wondered if it was all in his head. Then he encountered a large community of like-minded people on the internet who call themselves “targeted individuals,” or T.I.s, who described going through precisely the same thing.

The group was organized around the conviction that its members are victims of a sprawling conspiracy to harass thousands of everyday Americans with mind-control weapons and armies of so-called gang stalkers. The goal, as one gang-stalking website put it, is “to destroy every aspect of a targeted individual’s life.”

A growing tribe of troubled minds

Mental health professionals say the narrative has taken hold among a group of people experiencing psychotic symptoms that have troubled the human mind since time immemorial. Except now victims are connecting on the internet, organizing and defying medical explanations for what’s happening to them.

The community, conservatively estimated to exceed 10,000 members, has proliferated since 9/11, cradled by the internet and fed by genuine concerns over government surveillance. A large number appear to have delusional disorder or schizophrenia, psychiatrists say.

Yet, the phenomenon remains virtually unresearched.

For the few specialists who have looked closely, these individuals represent an alarming development in the history of mental illness: thousands of sick people, banded together and demanding recognition on the basis of shared paranoias.

They raise money, hold awareness campaigns, host international conferences and fight for their causes in courts and legislatures.

Perhaps their biggest victory came last year, when believers in Richmond, Calif., persuaded the City Council to pass a resolution banning space-based weapons that they believe could be used for mind control. A similar lobbying effort is underway in Tucson.
An ‘echo chamber’ of paranoia

Dr. Lorraine Sheridan, who is co-author of perhaps the only study of gang-stalking, said the community poses a danger that sets it apart from other groups promoting troubling ideas, such as anorexia or suicide. On those topics, the internet abounds with medical information and treatment options.

An internet search for “gang-stalking,” however, turns up page after page of results that regard it as fact. “What’s scary for me is that there are no counter sites that try and convince targeted individuals that they are delusional,” Dr. Sheridan said.

“They end up in a closed ideology echo chamber,” she said.

In instructional tracts online, veterans of the movement explain the ropes to rookies:

• Do not engage with the voices in your head.

• If your relatives tell you you’re imagining things, they could be in on it.

• “Do not visit a psychiatrist.”

The tribe cuts across all classes and professions, and includes lawyers, soldiers, artists and engineers. In Facebook forums and call-in support groups, they commiserate over the skepticism of their loved ones and share stories of black vans that circle the block or co-workers conscripted into the campaign.

They have self-published dozens of e-books, with titles like “Tortured in America” and “My Life Changed Forever.” In hundreds of YouTube videos they offer testimonials and try to document evidence of their stalking, even confronting unsuspecting strangers.

“They wanted to basically destroy me, and they did,” a young mother in Phoenix says in one video, choking back tears. She lost custody of her daughter and was sent to a behavioral health hospital, says the woman, whose name is being withheld to protect her privacy. “But I am going to fight back for the rest of my life.”

She adds, “And guess what, I’m not crazy.”

Dr. Sheridan’s study, written with Dr. David James, a forensic psychiatrist, examined 128 cases of reported gang-stalking. It found all the subjects were most likely delusional.

“One has to think of the T.I. phenomenon in terms of people with paranoid symptoms who have hit upon the gang-stalking idea as an explanation of what is happening to them,” Dr. James said.
A mishmash of conspiracy theories

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the community is divided over the contours of the conspiracy. Some believe the financial elite is behind it. Others blame aliens, their neighbors, Freemasons or some combination.

The movement’s most prominent voices, however, tend to believe the surveillance is part of a mind-control field test done in preparation for global domination. The military establishment, the theory goes, never gave up on the ambitions of MK Ultra, the C.I.A.’s infamous program to control the mind in the 1950s and ’60s.

A leading proponent of that view is an anesthesiologist from San Antonio named John Hall.

In his 2009 book, “A New Breed: Satellite Terrorism in America,” Dr. Hall gave his own account of being targeted. Agents bleached his water, he wrote, and bombarded him with voices making murderous threats.

The book made a splash because of the messenger: a licensed member of the medical establishment who was telling those who feel targeted that psychiatrists were misleading them. A janitor knows as much about the human mind, he wrote.

Dr. Hall, 51, was invited for an interview on “Coast to Coast AM,” a conspiracy-minded radio show based in California that is said to reach millions of listeners. After that, he said, “I had probably three or 4,000 emails from people saying: ‘It’s happening to me in this state.’ ‘It’s happening to me in Florida.’ ‘It’s happening to me in California.’ ”

The similarities of the cases spoke to a wide-ranging campaign, he said. “If the psychiatrists want to say that this is schizophrenia or delusional disorder, that’s fine,” he said. “But every one of these victims have the same story.”

While Dr. Hall has faced scrutiny from the Texas Medical Board over his mental fitness, he retains his license. Over time, however, many others who identify as gang-stalking victims end up out of work. They are mocked by colleagues, tolerated by family. Friends and spouses fall away.
A pretext for violence

The despair that results has led some to lash out in violence.

Many in the community, for example, are convinced that Aaron Alexis, who killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard in 2013, was a victim. Mr. Alexis, a former sailor, left behind a document accusing the Navy of attacking his brain with “extremely low frequency” electromagnetic waves. On the side of his shotgun were etched the words “my elf weapon.”

It was unclear when Myron May’s mental distress began, but by the fall of 2014, it had become too much. He quit his job as a prosecutor in New Mexico and traveled to Florida. There, he videotaped a testimonial about how gang-stalking had ruined his life.

“As you can see right now,” he says into the camera, “I am totally not crazy.”

Laying out his case, he describes an episode at a gas station where he believed somebody in dark glasses was mimicking his movements. “It was really creepy,” he said. “Everything I did, he did.”

Later in the video, he prays for forgiveness for his future sins. “Father,” he says, “right now I ask that you look down on all the targeted individuals across the globe. Help them to cope with this madness.”

On Nov. 20, 2014, Mr. May walked into a library at Florida State University, where he had graduated in 2005, and shot three people, leaving one paralyzed. He dared the police to kill him, then fired in their direction before being fatally shot, officials said. He was 31.

The vast majority of people with psychosis never resort to violence. Still, studies suggest that a small number of those experiencing psychotic episodes — especially paranoid thoughts, accompanied by voices making commands — are more likely to act on hostile urges than people without a mental illness.

Many in the T.I. community, as anyone would, have repudiated the shootings by Mr. Alexis and Mr. May. But some also harbor troubling views about their perceived oppressors. They question how people could be so cruel.

Karen Stewart of Tallahassee, Fla., believes large numbers of regular people have been brainwashed by the National Security Agency into thinking that she is a traitor or terrorist. Wherever she goes, she says — to church, to the grocery store, to the doctor’s office — they are there, watching.

It baffles her, she said. But worse, “It makes me angry to see how many people in this country are sociopaths. They are absolute groupthink drones,” she said. “I don’t even consider them human anymore.”
‘A need for meaning’

Susan Clancy, a Harvard-trained psychologist who has researched people who believe they’ve been abducted by aliens, said it could be extremely difficult to dissuade patients who have latched onto beliefs that they think explain their delusions.

“I think it’s a need for meaning and a need to understand your life and the problems you’re having,” she said. “You’re not some meaningless nobody. You’re being followed by the C.I.A.”

In that way, Dr. Clancy said, the behavior shares a trait with religious belief: To abandon it would be life upending.

Paula Trespas, Mr. Trespas’s mother, said she avoided debating with him.

“It wasn’t something that he was making up,” she said. “He really felt the way he felt and experienced what he experienced. I got to the point where I was just finally saying to him: ‘I’m very, very sad that you have to go through this. I wish that there was something that I could do.’ ”

The big hope is that society will wake up to what’s happening and put a stop to it, those who feel targeted say. In some cases, they do seek psychiatric help. In others, the delusions subside. For the rest, the prognosis isn’t good, psychiatrists say. Many contemplate suicide.

Mr. Trespas, now 49, says he went so far as to prepare a rope.

Sitting at a coffee shop in Brooklyn last month, he says the stalking has thankfully quieted down. But he says his harassers have also been seeding his body with Morgellons, a painful, insectlike infestation of the skin that many doctors say is psychosomatic.

He is gaunt, with weary, sad eyes. It’s been eight years since it all began, he says. He can’t hold a job. His friends have drifted away.

The online community has been a crucial support, he says. “But we don’t know exactly what’s happening,” he says. “Maybe we’re believing the wrong thing. I don’t know. That’s why I try to keep my mind open about who and what and why and how.”

One thing he is certain of though, he says: He’s not crazy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/healt ... .html?_r=0
By RhetoricThug
Scientists switch on predatory kill instinct in mice

Researchers at Yale University have isolated the brain circuitry that coordinates predatory hunting, according to a study in the January 12 issue of Cell. One set of neurons in the amygdala, the brain's center of emotion and motivation, cues the animal to pursue prey. Another set signals the animal to use its jaw and neck muscles to bite and kill.

The researchers used optogenetics[1], a means of engineering specific neurons to fire upon light stimulation, to isolate and selectively activate each set of neurons. When the laser is off, the animals behave normally. But turn the laser on, and the mice take on qualities of "walkers" from The Walking Dead, pursuing and biting almost anything in their path, including bottle caps and wood sticks. "We'd turn the laser on and they'd jump on an object, hold it with their paws and intensively bite it as if they were trying to capture and kill it," says lead investigator Ivan de Araujo, Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Yale University School of Medicine and an Associate Fellow at the John B. Pierce Laboratory.

The Walking Dead analogy is fair only to a certain extent, says de Araujo. In nature, predatory hunting takes the form of highly complex behaviors that are common to most jawed vertebrates, including humans. "It is a major evolutionarily player in shaping the brain," says de Araujo. "There must be some primordial subcortical pathway that connects sensory input to the movement of the jaw and the biting."

The animals did not, however, attack other mice in the cage. Hunger also affected predatory behavior. Hungry mice more aggressively pursued prey during light stimulation than mice that were not hungry. "The system is not just generalized aggression," says de Araujo. "It seems to be related to the animal's interest in obtaining food."

The study grew out of de Araujo's efforts to understand the neural mechanisms underlying feeding behaviors in animals. His lab had been looking at mice living and eating in cages. "They have nothing else to do other than eat the pellets we throw in the cage," he says. "I began to wonder how natural and relevant this behavior is."

De Araujo's interest in more natural behaviors pointed him to a study that had mapped brain areas associated with hunting and feeding. Many areas were listed, but one responded almost exclusively to hunting and not to eating. That region, the central nucleus of the amygdala, also had projections that were linked to areas that control hunting muscles, such as the jaw and neck. "This area was perfectly compatible with an activation system that drives the motor behavior associated with hunting," he says.

By selectively manipulating the different types of neurons in this region, they found that one set of neurons controlled pursuit, and another controlled the kill. Experiments involved inanimate stand-ins for prey, such as sticks and bottle caps and animate bug-like toys, as well as live insects.

The researchers also specifically lesioned each type of neuron. They found that, if they lesioned the neurons associated with biting and killing, the animals would pursue the prey but could not kill. The biting force of the jaw was decreased by 50 percent. "They fail to deliver the killing bite," says de Araujo.

The team is now exploring the sensory input into the amygdala to determine what triggers predatory behaviors and investigating how the two modules—one controlling pursuit and the other controlling the kill—are coordinated. "We now have a grip on their anatomical identities, so we hope we can manipulate them even more precisely in the future," says de Araujo.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2017-01-keys-behav ... e.html#jCp

[1]Optogenetics: a technique in neuroscience in which genes for light-sensitive proteins are introduced into specific types of brain cells in order to monitor and control their activity precisely using light signals.

"We now have a grip on their anatomical identities, so we hope we can manipulate them even more precisely in the future,"
5G Is Coming Soon.

Upgrading U.S. wireless networks has been called our most important infrastructure project. It’s actually happening.

Progress is generally a highly subjective term. But for those who understand what it is and what it means, the advent of 5G is unequivocally good news. As it develops and grows, the next generation wireless network has the potential to create millions of jobs, drive growth, and enable a host of new technologies, from smart appliances on The Internet of Everything to autonomous vehicles and nearly instantaneous downloads of even the most epic movies and games.

In some ways that we will perceive very directly, and in others we may not, 5G is going to improve our lives, and very soon, likely by early 2020. By that time, according to most predictions, roughly 20.8 billion devices will be connected to the internet. So 5G will be built for capacity as well as for speed.

So, what is it, exactly? Most simply, 5G is 5th Generation wireless technology. In the early 1990s, when wireless phone technology emerged, the first-generation network (1G) carried voice only. When text between two cellular devices became possible, 2G was born. With 3G came the ability to make calls, send text, and surf the web from a wireless device deemed “smart.” Even smarter, and more entertaining, the 4G network allowed us to make calls, send texts, browse the internet, and both download and upload video files with relative ease.

Now, LTE (Long Term Evolution) delivers 4G at the highest possible speeds. Under ideal conditions, 4G LTE transfer speeds allow a short HD movie to be downloaded onto a mobile device in about an hour. But ideal conditions are often disrupted by buildings, microwaves, and other Wi-Fi signals. Industry leaders have learned from this and are, with 5G, offering an innovative solution: small cell technology.

“Unlike today's networks that are built using large towers scattered every few miles, 5G requires the massive deployment of small cell technology to enable the network to handle the exponential growth of data transmission, which will need to be much denser.” Explains Marcelo Claure, CEO of Sprint. “In a neighborhood block for example, there may be dozens of small, unobtrusive shoe-box sized cells mounted on street lights, buildings and other public infrastructure.”

So 5G will improve on 4G LTE by creating a new architecture that will be built to last. In essence, we won’t need 6G. Unlike when pervious networks were devised, in a somewhat ad hoc fashion, 5G will be based on a flexible system of both micro- and macro-cells that can be easily upgraded. Previously, mobile data technologies were built around hardware; 5G will be software-driven and software can be updated far more easily than hardware, at a much lower cost.

According to Claure, “5G can perform up to ten times faster than the current 4G networks and enable a tremendous boost in data speed, meaning content that takes minutes to download now will be available in a matter of seconds.” Because 5G will rely on large blocks of contiguous high-band commercially deployable spectrum, Sprint’s unique and generous spectrum portfolio (the most of any domestic carrier) could make Sprint the best positioned to lead in developing the network of the future.

A challenge with higher frequency signals is that they don’t travel as far as lower frequencies, so multiple input and output antennas (MIMOs) will need to be used to boost and multiply signals anywhere 5G is offered.

McCarthy explains another palpable improvement in on the horizon. “One of the most important advances in 5G is that it will decrease latency, the delay before a transfer of data actually begins.” Multiplayer gaming, for example, requires a lower latency to ensure that when you hit a button, the remote server responds instantly. Moment by moment, 5G will help us save our most precious commodity: time. As we enter the age of self-driving cars, this level of responsiveness may also save lives.

McCarthy offers some perspective in terms of where we are now and where we’re going. “Today, the average consumer uses under 10 GB of cellular data per month. 5G will offer more than that, within seconds. We’re talking about downloading a typical HD movie in about 4 seconds.” Good thing his company’s generous slices of spectrum are built for speed as well as high volumes of data.

“We have a lot of room to grow. For over 15 years, we’ve been assembling a portfolio of high-band spectrum at a reasonable cost, far ahead of the curve, because we’ve known the wireless data crunch was coming. We knew what would be needed for the network of the future.” Now you know too.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... ming-soon/

The FCC is required by the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, among other things, to evaluate the effect of emissions from FCC-regulated transmitters on the quality of the human environment.

'National Environmental Policy Act of 1969'."http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:42%20section:4321%20edition:prelim)

H. R. 4842

A BILL

To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide that the Federal Communications Commission is not required to perform any review under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 or division A of subtitle III of title 54, United States Code, as a condition of permitting the placement and installation of a communications facility, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Streamlining Permitting to Enable Efficient Deployment of Broadband Infrastructure Act of 2018”.

SEC. 2. Exemption from review for certain communications facilities.

Title I of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 151 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following:

“SEC. 13. Exemption from review for certain communications facilities.

“(a) For permitting by Commission.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any provision of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) or division A of subtitle III of title 54, United States Code, the Commission shall not be required to perform, and may not require any entity regulated by the Commission to perform, any review under such Act or division as a condition of permitting the placement and installation of a communications facility if—

“(A) the new facility—

“(i) will be located within a public right-of-way; and

“(ii) is not more than 50 feet tall or 10 feet higher than any existing structure in the public right-of-way, whichever is higher;

“(B) the new facility is—

“(i) a replacement for an existing communications facility; and

“(ii) the same as, or substantially similar to (as such term is defined by the Commission), the communications facility that the new communications facility is replacing;

“(C) the new facility is a type of communications facility that—

“(i) is described in subsection (c)(2)(B); and

“(ii) meets the size limitation of a small antenna established by the Commission; or

“(D) the placement and installation involve the expansion of the site of an existing facility not more than 30 feet in any direction.

“(2) SAVINGS CLAUSE.—Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to affect—

“(A) the obligation of the Commission to evaluate radiofrequency exposure under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.);

“(B) except as explicitly provided in this subsection, the obligation of any provider of a communications service to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) or division A of subtitle III of title 54, United States Code;

“(C) the authority of a State or local government to apply and enforce the zoning and other land use regulations of the State or local government to the extent consistent with this subsection and sections 253, 332(c)(7), and 621; or

“(D) the authority or obligations established under section 20156(e) of title 49, United States Code.

“(b) For grant of easement on Federal property.—No review shall be required under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) or division A of subtitle III of title 54, United States Code, as a condition of granting a covered easement for a communications facility if a covered easement has been granted for another communications facility or a utility facility with respect to the same building or other property owned by the Federal Government.

“(c) Definitions.—In this section:

“(1) ANTENNA.—The term ‘antenna’ means communications equipment that transmits or receives electromagnetic radio frequency signals used in the provision of wireless services.

“(2) COMMUNICATIONS FACILITY.—The term ‘communications facility’ includes—

“(A) any infrastructure, including any transmitting device, tower, or support structure, and any equipment, switches, wiring, cabling, power sources, shelters, or cabinets, associated with the licensed or permitted unlicensed wireless or wireline transmission of writings, signs, signals, data, images, pictures, and sounds of all kinds; and

“(B) any antenna or apparatus—

“(i) that is designed for the purpose of emitting or receiving radio frequency;

“(ii) that—

“(I) is designed to be operated, or is operating, from a fixed location pursuant to authorization by the Commission; or

“(II) is using duly authorized devices that do not require individual licenses; and

“(iii) that is added to a tower, building, support pole, or other structure.

“(3) COVERED EASEMENT.—The term ‘covered easement’ means an easement, right-of-way, or lease to, in, over, or on a building or other property owned by the Federal Government, excluding tribal land held in trust by the Federal Government (unless the tribal government of such land requests that the Commission not exclude the land for purposes of this definition), for the right to install, construct, modify, or maintain a communications facility.

“(4) PUBLIC RIGHT-OF-WAY.—The term ‘public right-of-way’—

“(A) means—

“(i) the area on, below, or above a public roadway, highway, street, sidewalk, alley, or similar property; and

“(ii) any land immediately adjacent to and contiguous with property described in clause (i) that is within the right-of-way grant; and

“(B) does not include a portion of the Interstate System (as such term is defined in section 101(a) of title 23, United States Code).

“(5) SUPPORT POLE.—The term ‘support pole’ means an upright pole or structure used or capable of being used to support a wireless service facility.

“(6) UTILITY FACILITY.—The term ‘utility facility’ means any privately, publicly, or cooperatively owned line, facility, or system for producing, transmitting, or distributing power, electricity, light, heat, gas, oil, crude products, water, steam, waste, storm water not connected with highway drainage, or any other similar commodity, including any fire or police signal system or street lighting system, that directly or indirectly serves the public.

“(7) WIRELESS SERVICE.—The term ‘wireless service’ means the transmission by radio communication of voice, video, or data communications services, including Internet Protocol or any successor protocol-enabled services, or any combination of those services, whether provided on a licensed or permitted unlicensed basis.

“(8) WIRELESS SERVICE FACILITY.—The term ‘wireless service facility’ means a facility for the provision of wireless service.”.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... %5D%7D&r=3

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has had a hand in some of the most transformational innovations of the last half-century, including the computer network that evolved into the internet, the graphical user interface and passive radar. Now DARPA is seeking proposals for what could be the next big thing: a network of intelligent floats “to enable persistent maritime situational awareness over large ocean areas.”

In other words, the “Ocean of Things,” as the agency describes the initiative. It’s the marine version of the terrestrial “Internet of Things” – networked devices that communicate information about themselves to their users and to other devices, such as the Nest thermostat, which allows remote control of a house’s heating and air conditioning system, or a refrigerator that tells you when you’re out of milk.

“Head out to most parts of the open ocean, however, and no such capability exists for real-time monitoring of maritime activity,” DARPA noted in a statement.

Each float could collect environmental data such as water temperature, salinity, sea state and location, and detect the presence of vessels and marine mammals, transmitting the information via satellite. Separately, private companies or academic institutions would develop data analytics software to process and make sense of all those bits.

“It’s great to see someone putting money behind this – particularly DARPA,” said Roger Hine, cofounder and chief technical officer of Liquid Robotics, a Silicon Valley company owned by Boeing that manufactures a self-propelled autonomous robot called the WaveGlider. Liquid Robotics has proposed a “Digital Ocean” to integrate and connect devices and systems underwater, on the surface and onshore to expand understanding of the two-thirds of the planet that consists of the ocean. “I’m really excited to see this happen,” Hine added.

Read more: https://www.newsdeeply.com/oceans/artic ... -the-ocean
Bioengineering will never work until the engineer understands that s/he is what is being engineered. It's like sticking a screwdriver into you stomach to see what happens. The end-result can never be pretty, no matter how much you twist and turn the screwdriver.

An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.

The knower can never be big enough to know everything, let alone communicate everything. As long as it is separate from the known, there will always be something missing. Total knowledge can only happen when the duality of knower and known disappear.
Did you read all the articles in this thread, or did you glance at the first post, glaze over, and post your opinion?
Atlantis wrote:Bioengineering will never work until the engineer understands that s/he is what is being engineered. It's like sticking a screwdriver into you stomach to see what happens. The end-result can never be pretty, no matter how much you twist and turn the screwdriver.

Cellular Cargo Delivery: Toward Assisted Fertilization by Sperm-Carrying Micromotors
Publication Date (Web): December 21, 2015

We present artificially motorized sperm cells—a novel type of hybrid micromotor, where customized microhelices serve as motors for transporting sperm cells with motion deficiencies to help them carry out their natural function. Our results indicate that metal-coated polymer microhelices are suitable for this task due to potent, controllable, and nonharmful 3D motion behavior. We manage to capture, transport, and release single immotile live sperm cells in fluidic channels that allow mimicking physiological conditions. Important steps toward fertilization are addressed by employing proper means of sperm selection and oocyte culturing. Despite the fact that there still remain some challenges on the way to achieve successful fertilization with artificially motorized sperms, we believe that the potential of this novel approach toward assisted reproduction can be already put into perspective with the present work.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs ... ode=nalefd

The American Chemical Society Microbots Decorated with Silver Nanoparticles Kill Bacteria in Aqueous Media

The knower can never be big enough to know everything, let alone communicate everything. As long as it is separate from the known, there will always be something missing. Total knowledge can only happen when the duality of knower and known disappear.
:roll: Science doesn't have to 'know everything' to control or at least influence the behavior of an organism. I mean what's your point? You know, simple internet algorithms know just enough to modify an average users experience. The unknown will always motivate the known, so humans will continue to use what they think they know to explore the unknown. We can collect the data, but have yet to master 'meaningful pattern recognition.'

The NSA will soon cut the ribbon on a facility in Utah built to help house and process data collected from telephone and Internet companies, satellites, fiber-optic cables and anywhere else it can plant listening devices. An NSA spokesperson says the center will be up and running by the "end of the fiscal year," i.e., the end of September. Much has been written about just how much data that facility might hold, with estimates ranging from “yottabytes” (in Wired) to “5 zettabytes” (on NPR), a.k.a. words that you probably can’t pronounce that translate to “a lot.” A guide from Cisco explains that a yottabyte = 1,000 zettabytes = 1,000,000 exabytes = 1 billion pettabytes = 1 trillion terabytes. For some sense of scale, you would need just 400 terabytes to hold all of the books ever written in any language. Dana Priest at the Washington Post decided to go with a simpler, non-technical approximation, saying the million-square-foot facility will store “oceans of bulk data.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhil ... 95370d7457
Atlantis wrote:Nobody has to read all the texts pasted or linked in a post. I clearly stated why the OP is wrong. If you want to go off on a tangent, be my guest.
Those texts/links support the general framework and concept behind the original post (that's whole point). Humans will build an artificial planetary 'nervous system' around earth. Your opinion is irrelevant. Technological convergence will happen, and we will attempt to build something like this-
Do you use GPS? Do you understand how it works?

GPS, which stands for Global Positioning System, is a radio navigation system that allows land, sea, and airborne users to determine their exact location, velocity, and time 24 hours a day, in all weather conditions, anywhere in the world.

As the information age expands, a planetary nervous system is THE next step. Are you familiar with pizoelectronics & bioacoustic sensing/signals? A few years ago AT&T explored the use of bioacoustics:

AT&T Will Transfer Data Through Your Bones

AT&T Labs has been working on a bioacoustic system that could allow your cell phone or other device to securely transfer data through your body - in particular, through your bones. The system has the additional benefit of being completely secure - that is, if someone else has got your phone, they won't be able to get to that data.

"Our ultimate goal is to get data transferred securely through the bones of people allowed access to it," Brian Amento, the head of the project told me. "We've gained enough interest that its worth pursuing."

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/ ... b4594b397d
Now imagine a bioacoustic sensing platform and relay system that can profile your bio-signals. Something like this- Real-time bioacoustics monitoring and automated species identification https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3719130/, But for intelligence gathering and Cryptanalytics/MILCRYP.
I've been looking for white papers on V2K tech. Here is an interesting article (2008) by WIRED mag.

Army Yanks 'Voice-To-Skull Devices' Site

The Army's very strange webpage on "Voice-to-Skull" weapons has been removed. It was strange it was there, and it's even stranger it's gone. If you Google it, you'll see the entry for "Voice-to-Skull device," but, if you click on the website, the link is dead.

The entry, still available on the Federation of American Scientists' website reads:

Nonlethal weapon which includes (1) a neuro-electromagnetic device which uses microwave transmission of sound into the skull of persons or animals by way of pulse-modulated microwave radiation; and (2) a silent sound device which can transmit sound into the skull of person or animals. NOTE: The sound modulation may be voice or audio subliminal messages. One application of V2K is use as an electronic scarecrow to frighten birds in the vicinity of airports.

The U.K.-based group Christians Against Mental Slavery first noted the change (they also have a permanent screenshot of the page). A representative of the group tells me they contacted the Webmaster, who would only tell them the entry was "permanently removed."

The image above is one person's self-styled depiction of how a "voice-to-skull" weapon might work.

https://www.wired.com/2008/05/army-removes-pa/

Back in 2007, WIRE touched on the 'voice of god' tech... Read more: https://www.wired.com/2007/12/the-voice-of-go/

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]