Trump 'will definitely pull out of Paris climate change deal' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump 'will definitely pull out of Paris climate change deal'

A former climate change adviser to Donald Trump has said the US President will pull America out of the landmark Paris agreement and an executive order on the issue could come within “days”.

Myron Ebell, who took charge of Mr Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) transition team, said the President was determined to undo policies pushed by Barack Obama to restrict greenhouse gas emissions.

“I expect Donald Trump to be very assiduous in keeping his promises, despite all of the flack he is going to get from his opponents,” he told a briefing in London.

“He could do it by executive order tomorrow, or he could wait and do it as part of a larger package. There are multiple ways and I have no idea of the timing.”

Mr Ebell, a renowned climate sceptic, was employed by the Trump team last September to review the EPA and worked for the Republican billionaire until his inauguration on 20 January.

Mr Trump, who has previously called climate change a hoax invented by the Chinese, promised a raft of policies during his campaign including to undo Obama’s climate action plan and defund UN climate change work.

Make by day, Donald ... :excited:

I didn't think he would actually dare do it, but perhaps I'm wrong.

If he does, this will be an ideal occasion to form a broad global alliance against the US that could be developed into a global trade system as alternative to the pax-Americana, if the US were to turn protectionist.
In a strange way this is in Trump's interest. He needs to maximize domestic energy, oil and natural gas production in preparation for the numerous conflicts the US military is planning to escalate. The Obama administration did a good job of encouraging the protection of park land and transitioning to nuclear, solar, wind and natural gas. No doubt, one expects an Arab backlash to Trump's plan to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, and control of the price of oil reflects this.

The US needs to careful, however, about the long term implications of shredding the Paris agreement, which will encourage other countries to promote their fossil fuel energy sectors, producing more health and air quality problems for the world. I think Trump can actually achieve his strategic objectives without worrying about the Paris deal, but it seems like another ideologically and financially motivated decision from the Tea Party right and energy lobby in Washington.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O