Humans are causing climate to change '170 times faster than natural forces' - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog said:
"As I said, all the evidence is on our side."

Those may be opinions at various points in time.
However, most of us will admit that weather science is not perfect.
In fact, weather predictions are very inaccurate at long distance forecasts.
I do not accept any of your evidence from biased sources.
All the evidence is on God's side.
Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:Pants-of-dog said:
"As I said, all the evidence is on our side."

Those may be opinions at various points in time.

No, peer reviewed studies published in respected journals are not opinions.

However, most of us will admit that weather science is not perfect.
In fact, weather predictions are very inaccurate at long distance forecasts.

Weather and climate are two different (but related) things.

I do not accept any of your evidence from biased sources.

Please present evidence that NASA is biased, thank you.
Pants-of-dog said:
"The interesting thing is that even though Hindsite is incredibly wrong, the governments of North America are still going to agree with him."

As I pointed out before, Al Gore and his so-called global warming scientist were wrong.
All those calamities they predicted did not happen. Although I will not be here to witness it, I would bet their end of the century predictions will be wrong too.
However, you can believe whatever crazy thing you wish, just don't expect me to be willing to pay for these crackpot ideas.
Hindsite wrote:Pants-of-dog said:
"The interesting thing is that even though Hindsite is incredibly wrong, the governments of North America are still going to agree with him."

As I pointed out before, Al Gore and his so-called global warming scientist were wrong.
All those calamities they predicted did not happen.

Please name a single prediction that climatologists got wrong. Thanks.

Also, you have yet to provide a single credible piece of evidence for any of your claims.
Zagadka wrote:Arguing with climate denial persons is like arguing with white supremacists racists or young earth creationists.

You left out over population deniers and deniers that Hate crime laws will increasingly deprive us of our rights. There is enough ignorance on both sides to go around.
One Degree wrote:You left out over population deniers and deniers that Hate crime laws will increasingly deprive us of our rights. There is enough ignorance on both sides to go around.

Agreed on that. Overpopulation is a huge problem. Plenty of issues to be wrong about.
AGW is dead. As a political issue, it has no traction and will continue to have none as far out as the eye can see. Government scientists have been discretely transferring databases to non-government-controlled mirrors to prevent their destruction. Temperature monitoring stations, satellites, and associated infrastructure will be allowed to degrade. Basic concepts such as environmental stewardship are themselves under attack.

Until the public at large is willing to assign a high priority to these issues, they will continue to fade in importance.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
"Please name a single prediction that climatologists got wrong. Thanks."

"Also, you have yet to provide a single credible piece of evidence for any of your claims."

"I have to admit that I never drew the "race realism" parallel, even though I had figured out the creationism one. Lol at me."

I already provided links that address these claims. You are apparently too lazy to read them.
Al Gore predicted that oceans would rise 20 feet by 2100, it looks like were on track for about a foot. 80% of the tide gauges show less rise than the official “global average”. Many tide gauges show no rise in sea level, and almost none show any acceleration over the past 20 years.

Costal cities have not been gobbled up by the rising ocean waters due to melting of the ice caps. That is because the ocean waters are not rising higher and higher.

Polar bears are not extinct. We still have plenty of polar bears.

A few years ago the moose population in Minnesota dropped rapidly and they immediately blamed global warming, then they did a study and found out it was actually wolves that were killing the moose. Wolves have been taken off the endangered species list and are now endangering other species so they opened a wolf hunting season in Minnesota and the moose are coming back. It turns out it had nothing to do with global warming in fact the years when the moose population declined were some very cold ones.

In many places the weathermen have reported record cold temperatures. That alone should make one skeptical of the global warming climate change hoax. Of course, one needs to have common sense for that.
Hindsite wrote:I already provided links that address these claims. You are apparently too lazy to read them.

Considering the fact that younquoted no text from any of these links, I am not certain you read them.

Hindsite wrote:Al Gore predicted that oceans would rise 20 feet by 2100, it looks like were on track for about a foot. 80% of the tide gauges show less rise than the official “global average”. Many tide gauges show no rise in sea level, and almost none show any acceleration over the past 20 years.

I do not care what Al Gore said. I asked for predictions by climatologists.

Costal cities have not been gobbled up by the rising ocean waters due to melting of the ice caps. That is because the ocean waters are not rising higher and higher.

Ocean waters are not rising because of melted ice caps. They are rising because water expands as it warms up.

Polar bears are not extinct. We still have plenty of polar bears.

A few years ago the moose population in Minnesota dropped rapidly and they immediately blamed global warming, then they did a study and found out it was actually wolves that were killing the moose. Wolves have been taken off the endangered species list and are now endangering other species so they opened a wolf hunting season in Minnesota and the moose are coming back. It turns out it had nothing to do with global warming in fact the years when the moose population declined were some very cold ones.

In many places the weathermen have reported record cold temperatures. That alone should make one skeptical of the global warming climate change hoax. Of course, one needs to have common sense for that.

Just provide a link to a climatologist making a specific prediction, and another link to an article showing the prediction not coming true.
Ter wrote:
That sea level is constantly moving up and down with the waves, how can they measure it accurately?

Who Knows? Not me. I believe it has something to do with that tide gauge I mentioned earlier plus some kind of formula. It is scientific crap in my opinion.
Sometimes when the met office say it was just above freezing all night I come into work and the water bucket on the scaffold has a layer of ice on top of it. That was the first time I ever questioned whether the rise in average temperature was a lie/ a result of bad measurements.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]