Trump budget aims to defund science - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Global Climate Change
https://climate.nasa.gov/

It's not my fault you can't understand science.

I can understand why some poes don't give a shit about the world they leave to their children(as much as they care about the poor, apparently), but some of us do.
Godstud wrote:Global Climate Change
https://climate.nasa.gov/

It's not my fault you can't understand science.

I can understand why some poes don't give a shit about the world they leave to their children(as much as they care about the poor, apparently), but some of us do.

I am looking forward to a better world where everyone will know the truth. Where nobody can be fooled to believe false claims such as the global warming climate change hoax and that the theory of evolution is real science.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
So, essentially, you want a world without science, or facts, that is ruled by religious fanaticism and dogma. That sounds absolutely horrific. :knife:
Godstud wrote:So, essentially, you want a world without science, or facts, that is ruled by religious fanaticism and dogma. That sounds absolutely horrific. :knife:

You are lying, I never said such a thing.
I want a world of truth.
That means no fake evolution masquerading as science or fanatics like Al Gore claiming the sky is falling.
AL Gore may have exaggerated on some points, but he was not lying.

You keep saying science is false, and you have no facts to back up this idea. What I said stands. A world of truth is a world where science and facts are not stifled by religious zeal, and where dogma doesn't dispute reality.

Evolution, despite your complete ignorance and education regarding science, is real. It's a fact supported by evidence. That you don't believe the evidence and facts, is simply your irrelevant opinion. Scientists, the world over, know it to be true, but you don't like the truth.

FYI, Evolution does not make your religion or beliefs any less valid, for you. Your misplaced hatred of science(Evolution), is silly, given that it doesn't have anything to do with your religion or beliefs.
Godstud wrote:AL Gore may have exaggerated on some points, but he was not lying.

You keep saying science is false, and you have no facts to back up this idea. What I said stands. A world of truth is a world where science and facts are not stifled by religious zeal, and where dogma doesn't dispute reality.

Evolution, despite your complete ignorance and education regarding science, is real. It's a fact supported by evidence. That you don't believe the evidence and facts, is simply your irrelevant opinion. Scientists, the world over, know it to be true, but you don't like the truth.

FYI, Evolution does not make your religion or beliefs any less valid, for you. Your misplaced hatred of science(Evolution), is silly, given that it doesn't have anything to do with your religion or beliefs.

I never said science is false. You keep trying to set up a straw man.
I just don't believe and put my trust in the theory of evolution to replace God as you do.
The problem is that people like you have included true science in with the theory of evolution in an attempt to make the theory of evolution seem like real science rather than a religious belief to replace the Christian religion. it's the old bait and switch idea. The gullible, like you, fall for it ever time.
Evolution is fact. It is possibly one of the most factual theories in existence with tomes of evidence proving that it's factual, and not fake. It's real. It works.

For fuck's sake, Evolution does not seek to replace your god! I don't know where you got this stupid idea! It exists regardless! That is how religious scientists, and most other logical, and reasonable religious people, are absolutely fine with Evolution.

Did god make the world? Sure. Let's say he did, for shits and giggles. Did he make man? OK. Did he make man and all the animals magically appear suddenly? No. He put rules to his world and everything on it adheres to those rules.

Evolution does not dispute the existence of a Creator. How do you know that God's days are the same as Man's days? As a God, wouldn't he be timeless, as well as all-powerful? The bible only says 6 days because it make it more impressive than god making the earth over a billion years, or more, and also because man couldn't comprehend anything bigger, at that time.

Nothing on earth looks like "magic", so why would he make humans appear to be so? Everything works according to some set of rules. EVERYTHING.

Science tries to make sense of the world and explain the world/universe. It doesn't seek to answer WHY it's here, or why we're here. Science doesn't philosophize and try to figure out what god's plan is, or anything like that.

Science tells us how planes fly. Science explains how internal combustion engines work. Science does not seek to figure out if humans have a soul. Science doesn't seek to prove/disprove god. Science doesn't seek to explain who made the universe.

Your hate-on against science and Evolution is unwarranted, and unnecessary. It is illogical, ridiculous, and ignorant. Try not looking at science as the enemy of religion. It's not.
Godstud wrote:Evolution is fact. It is possibly one of the most factual theories in existence with tomes of evidence proving that it's factual, and not fake. It's real. It works.

The only thing I see is a fact about evolution is that evolutionists have grabbed on to the real science of biology, such as selective breeding, mutations, and genetics, and claims that is part of the theory of evolution. Evolutionist just incorporated all those and claims that it is evolution and that evolution is proven by the science of biology. But in actuality, evolution is a curse to the science of biology and to practically all other branches of science in which its ideas intrude.

Godstud wrote:For fuck's sake, Evolution does not seek to replace your god! I don't know where you got this stupid idea! It exists regardless! That is how religious scientists, and most other logical, and reasonable religious people, are absolutely fine with Evolution.

Did god make the world? Sure. Let's say he did, for shits and giggles. Did he make man? OK. Did he make man and all the animals magically appear suddenly? No. He put rules to his world and everything on it adheres to those rules.

Evolution does not dispute the existence of a Creator. How do you know that God's days are the same as Man's days? As a God, wouldn't he be timeless, as well as all-powerful? The bible only says 6 days because it make it more impressive than god making the earth over a billion years, or more, and also because man couldn't comprehend anything bigger, at that time.

Nothing on earth looks like "magic", so why would he make humans appear to be so? Everything works according to some set of rules. EVERYTHING.

Science tries to make sense of the world and explain the world/universe. It doesn't seek to answer WHY it's here, or why we're here. Science doesn't philosophize and try to figure out what god's plan is, or anything like that.

Science tells us how planes fly. Science explains how internal combustion engines work. Science does not seek to figure out if humans have a soul. Science doesn't seek to prove/disprove god. Science doesn't seek to explain who made the universe.

Your hate-on against science and Evolution is unwarranted, and unnecessary. It is illogical, ridiculous, and ignorant. Try not looking at science as the enemy of religion. It's not.

I don't hate science because when science is done correctly it proves the Holy Bible to be true in those areas that it can be applied. However, this theory of evolution, which hasn't been proven by observation of trial and error is not real science. It is only a bunch of speculations stacked on top of each other. The theory of evolution does not explain how things in the real work works. If you remove all the real science in biology that evolutionist claim is evolution, then all that is left is fake science, deceit, and a bunch of guesses as to how and when the creation might have happened in the past.

Why you can't see this is mind boggling. It all seems so simple to me that the theory of evolution is a belief system that requires the same faith to believe as do all the pagan religions, including Islam, which the main satanic religion of our day. Belief in evolution and billions of years simply destroys the gospel message of Salvation through Christ.

If God is an infinite and all powerful God, He could have created it all in less than you could blink your eye. But he deliberately held off, so that we would have something to base our time on. Also notice that our week of 7 days comes from the creation narrative and the 4th commandment. The 4th of the Ten commandments that God wrote on tablets of stone with His own finger states the following:

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
(Exodus 20:8-11)

That commandment refers back to the creation week of Genesis chapter one, proving that those days were 24 hour days just as they are today, because the children of Israel were commanded work on six days and rest the seventh day. It is just simple logic that those days of creation are the same as the 24 hour days that the Jews continue to observe today as part of the worship and remembrance of God. Anyone with any common sense should understand that. The only reason some people question those days is because they are trying to insert billions of years into the Holy Bible somewhere to make it agree with someone's made up idea that later became called the theory of evolution.

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:I never said science is false. You keep trying to set up a straw man.
I just don't believe and put my trust in the theory of evolution to replace God as you do.
The problem is that people like you have included true science in with the theory of evolution in an attempt to make the theory of evolution seem like real science rather than a religious belief to replace the Christian religion. it's the old bait and switch idea. The gullible, like you, fall for it ever time.

I never said science is false. You keep trying to set up a straw man.

YOU compound your ignorance in good measure, simply because you contradict yourself & twist things around to suit yourself, rather than addressing what is actually postulated.

You said, "I never said science is false".

Lets examine what you say here, "I just don't believe and put my trust in the theory of evolution to replace God as you do".

You "just don't believe and put my trust in the 'theory' of 'evolution".

1) 'Evolution' is a scientific FACT, it is NOT a 'theory', it is a proven FACT.

2)You said "I just don't believe and put my TRUST in the 'theory' of evolution to replace 'god' as you do".

I think that I smell a 'Straw Man' lurking here somewhere, you do not 'trust' 'evolution', which is a FACT, NOT a 'theory', so you are saying that you trust a 'theory' about your 'god', because it is a matter of 'FAITH' over 'FACT' & above the FACT of evolution.

In science, there is what is known as ,The Scientific Method, it's about , 'evidence', observation', 'experiment' & peer review.
Secondly, a 'theory' only becomes a scientific FACT, once it has passed ALL of the above, in the 'experiment' phase, it has to be observed repeatedly.

The Big Bang Theory is 'scientific MAINSTREAM theory, accepted because it is proven that at the early stage of the Big Bang, the conditions were specific to the creation of atoms from the sub-particles within quark gluon plasma.

All the other observations, including the laws of nature, including gravity, general\ special relativity, Quantum theory, the abstract nature of it's properties, are describing the effects of that event which will continue for all of time.

As with the Big Bang Theory, so too with Evolution, both are subjected to the scientific Method.

Tell me to what logical methodology is your 'god' subjective to, in order to prove beyond all doubt, the existence of?

I will sum that one up as;-

'SCIENCE' = SIGMA 5
'God' = SIGMA 0.

I rest my case against you, reality is an alien concept to you, do keep taking the pills. :knife: :knife:
Hindsite wrote:You are lying, I never said such a thing.
I want a world of truth.
That means no fake evolution masquerading as science or fanatics like Al Gore claiming the sky is falling.

"I want a world of truth".

You wouldn't know the truth if you saw it, if you did, you would not believe in a 'god'.

I 'believe' elephants can fly, I have never seen them fly, does that mean that they can, or cannot fly?
Nonsense wrote:I never said science is false. You keep trying to set up a straw man.

YOU compound your ignorance in good measure, simply because you contradict yourself & twist things around to suit yourself, rather than addressing what is actually postulated.

You said, "I never said science is false".

Lets examine what you say here, "I just don't believe and put my trust in the theory of evolution to replace God as you do".

You "just don't believe and put my trust in the 'theory' of 'evolution".

1) 'Evolution' is a scientific FACT, it is NOT a 'theory', it is a proven FACT.

2)You said "I just don't believe and put my TRUST in the 'theory' of evolution to replace 'god' as you do".

I think that I smell a 'Straw Man' lurking here somewhere, you do not 'trust' 'evolution', which is a FACT, NOT a 'theory', so you are saying that you trust a 'theory' about your 'god', because it is a matter of 'FAITH' over 'FACT' & above the FACT of evolution.

In science, there is what is known as ,The Scientific Method, it's about , 'evidence', observation', 'experiment' & peer review.
Secondly, a 'theory' only becomes a scientific FACT, once it has passed ALL of the above, in the 'experiment' phase, it has to be observed repeatedly.

The Big Bang Theory is 'scientific MAINSTREAM theory, accepted because it is proven that at the early stage of the Big Bang, the conditions were specific to the creation of atoms from the sub-particles within quark gluon plasma.

All the other observations, including the laws of nature, including gravity, general\ special relativity, Quantum theory, the abstract nature of it's properties, are describing the effects of that event which will continue for all of time.

As with the Big Bang Theory, so too with Evolution, both are subjected to the scientific Method.

Tell me to what logical methodology is your 'god' subjective to, in order to prove beyond all doubt, the existence of?

I will sum that one up as;-

'SCIENCE' = SIGMA 5
'God' = SIGMA 0.

I rest my case against you, reality is an alien concept to you, do keep taking the pills. :knife: :knife:

The nonsense you are talking certainly goes with your name.
The evolution theory is no more than a guess or hypothesis at best. So you are right that it is not even a real theory.
It has never been tested by the scientific method to see if it is true. So, contrary to what you claim, it is not a fact.

I have already pointed out problems with the "Big Bang theory" and even posted a video. So the Big Bang Theory is about as factual as the TV show with the same name. And I don't accept your false scores for science and God. God is so far in the lead that man and his science will never catch up before Game Over.

You better rest your case, since you didn't have one to begin with.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:The nonsense you are talking certainly goes with your name.
The evolution theory is no more than a guess or hypothesis at best. So you are right that it is not even a real theory.
It has never been tested by the scientific method to see if it is true. So, contrary to what you claim, it is not a fact.

I have already pointed out problems with the "Big Bang theory" and even posted a video. So the Big Bang Theory is about as factual as the TV show with the same name. And I don't accept your false scores for science and God. God is so far in the lead that man and his science will never catch up before Game Over.

You better rest your case, since you didn't have one to begin with.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

Just as I suspected, YOU a very deranged individual, who ought to seek help, as having a rational debate with you is impossible.

If the universe was a trash can, the garbage that emanates from your mouth would fill that trash can over & over again. :roll: :roll:
Hindsite wrote:The evolution theory is no more than a guess or hypothesis at best. So you are right that it is not even a real theory.
False. You are lying, yet again, to protect your religion from an attack that is perceived and not real. In the end, it's you who doesn't wish to see truth, since you are closed off to it.

Yes, pretending that the scientifically proven theory of Evolution is fake, IS going against science. It's proven via Scientific Method, by thousands, and I have I have posted links from many reputable sources(no youtube videos of entertaining propaganda, but real studies).

What is Darwin's Theory of Evolution?
Evolution by natural selection is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science, supported by evidence from a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including paleontology, geology, genetics and developmental biology.

The theory has two main points, said Brian Richmond, curator of human origins at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. "All life on Earth is connected and related to each other," and this diversity of life is a product of "modifications of populations by natural selection, where some traits were favored in and environment over others," he said.

Even though scientists could predict what early whales should look like, they lacked the fossil evidence to back up their claim. Creationists took this absence as proof that evolution didn't occur. They mocked the idea that there could have ever been such a thing as a walking whale. But since the early 1990s, that's exactly what scientists have been finding.

The critical piece of evidence came in 1994, when paleontologists found the fossilized remains of Ambulocetus natans, an animal whose name literally means "swimming-walking whale." Its forelimbs had fingers and small hooves but its hind feet were enormous given its size. It was clearly adapted for swimming, but it was also capable of moving clumsily on land, much like a seal.

When it swam, the ancient creature moved like an otter, pushing back with its hind feet and undulating its spine and tail.

A wealth of evidence
Even though scientists could predict what early whales should look like, they lacked the fossil evidence to back up their claim. Creationists took this absence as proof that evolution didn't occur. They mocked the idea that there could have ever been such a thing as a walking whale. But since the early 1990s, that's exactly what scientists have been finding.

The critical piece of evidence came in 1994, when paleontologists found the fossilized remains of Ambulocetus natans, an animal whose name literally means "swimming-walking whale." Its forelimbs had fingers and small hooves but its hind feet were enormous given its size. It was clearly adapted for swimming, but it was also capable of moving clumsily on land, much like a seal.

When it swam, the ancient creature moved like an otter, pushing back with its hind feet and undulating its spine and tail.

Modern whales propel themselves through the water with powerful beats of their horizontal tail flukes, but Ambulocetus still had a whip-like tail and had to use its legs to provide most of the propulsive force needed to move through water.

In recent years, more and more of these transitional species, or "missing links," have been discovered, lending further support to Darwin's theory, Richmond said.

http://www.livescience.com/474-controve ... works.html
This is hilarious. Hindsite is playing you like a cheap drum.

There is an old saying. Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig likes it.

Here is a statistic from Pew research. Only 27% of Christians with a college degree believe in creationism. (That is reject evolution.) Of the 27% some if not most of them believe in evolution with intervention by God.

The Roman Catholic church accepts evolution.

Among mainstream American protestants only 22% do not believe in evolution.

None of this is to say that there are not those out there who reject the scientific evidence. Indeed there are a lot of them. If you think Christianity has a problem with this why not take a look at Islam where a solid 90% believe in creationism.

I have come to realize, as my life progresses, that I am not responsible for the actions or beliefs of dumb asses. In the case of this argument I have concluded that the people who reject evolution are mostly harmless. When I think of the threat from Islam I do not dwell on its beliefs on creation.

Sometimes dumb asses try to interfere with schools. Some of those dumb asses are Christians who want creationism taught in the schools as equal to science. Some of the dumb asses want schools to eliminate physical education because it alienates handicapped kids.

Now while we are dwelling on dumb asses lets consider this. Some dumb asses want schools to hide the fact that black people have lower IQs that white people. (They are not so upset that whites have lower IQs than Asians or that Italy is tied for the country with the highest IQs in Europe.

I guess it just depends on whose ox is getting gored.

I am interested in why so many atheists are concerned about this evolution nonsense. Other than the occasional challenge to a school book (swiftly dealt with by the courts) they seem to be harmless. I am the one who they give a bad name too so I could be said to have a dog in the fight but you folks are just a tad OCD about this.
Hindsite wrote:I am looking forward to a better world where everyone will know the truth. Where nobody can be fooled to believe false claims such as the global warming climate change hoax and that the theory of evolution is real science.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

Tell that to the wildlife in the Artic who are seeing the polar ice caps melting and to those who see islands disappear because of rising sea levels.
MistyTiger wrote:Tell that to the wildlife in the Artic who are seeing the polar ice caps melting and to those who see islands disappear because of rising sea levels.

When the holidays come everybody wants to go to the seaside, look at the sea and enjoy it.
So when the sea levels will rise a little, can't anyone swim anymore ?
Oy vey.
Ter wrote:
When the holidays come everybody wants to go to the seaside, look at the sea and enjoy it.
So when the sea levels will rise a little, can't anyone swim anymore ?
Oy vey.

Land masses are disappearing. We cannot just recreate those islands can we? Those are habitats and homes that are disappearing. And with the disappearing land masses, animal species are going extinct.

Will it be so funny when all the islands have disappeared into the sea?
MistyTiger wrote:Land masses are disappearing. We cannot just recreate those islands can we? Those are habitats and homes that are disappearing. And with the disappearing land masses, animal species are going extinct.

Will it be so funny when all the islands have disappeared into the sea?

A lot of land masses are situated high up on plateaus thousand feet above sea level. Besides we have mountains all over the place, the sea will never reach there. People will have to get used to living on the mountain sides. Going up is a bit challenging but coming down is easy.

Yes, the islands will be submerged, that is true. We could move those islanders to the continent, they are just lying there under the palm trees drinking rum anyway, the lazy bums. When they get hungry they paddle out to sea, catch some fish. Nobody works over there, why should we be worried about them ?
Ter wrote:
A lot of land masses are situated high up on plateaus thousand feet above sea level. Besides we have mountains all over the place, the sea will never reach there. People will have to get used to living on the mountain sides. Going up is a bit challenging but coming down is easy.

Yes, the islands will be submerged, that is true. We could move those islanders to the continent, they are just lying there under the palm trees drinking rum anyway, the lazy bums. When they get hungry they paddle out to sea, catch some fish. Nobody works over there, why should we be worried about them ?

If there are any fish left. Do you know there are regulations on how much fishing a fisherman can do? The supply of fish is not as plentiful as one might think. Overfishing is a major issue. So perhaps in the future, we will be eating soylent green or something similar.

And living in higher altitudes may not be the best thing for health. We can only live so far up before breathing and growing plants becomes a problem.

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]