Trump budget aims to defund science - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Video are just fancy things to show people neat stuff. They are not meant as serious conversation/discussion topics. While that's really cute, it doesn't prove your stupid fucking point.

Science and religion are two entirely different things. Keep them that way. They aren't meant to contradict each other and only religion looks for this contradiction when stupid people take religious dogma LITERALLY, which really is the stupidest thing you can do.
Godstud wrote:Video are just fancy things to show people neat stuff. They are not meant as serious conversation/discussion topics. While that's really cute, it doesn't prove your stupid fucking point.

Science and religion are two entirely different things. Keep them that way. They aren't meant to contradict each other and only religion looks for this contradiction when stupid people take religious dogma LITERALLY, which really is the stupidest thing you can do.

Not so stupid. It is simple mathematics and geometry.

Maybe these different fields of science that are on the brink of discovery are showing us something not so different from each other.

The Universe is connected. This discovery can bridge the separation between light and sound, which exists as one in the higher dimensions. Take these lessons and apply them to your every day life. You can guide your way through the multiverse, and everything in your life will fall into place.

The Universe is Fractal; it is infinite. Everything within it, including yourself, is also infinite. Quantum Physics is the study of this grand concept itself. I highly recommend any other quantum physicist to research the field theory, with Fractal Geometry in mind.

Can't you just summarize what is in the videos? Some of us can easily get bored watching supposedly informational videos.

Godstud wrote:Video are just fancy things to show people neat stuff

Yeah, what he said.

All the fancy transition effects and cool illustrations will not impress anyone into believing that the statements in the video are factual.

The videos are created by people who just like to create videos with software and they like to hear themselves speak.
MistyTiger wrote:Can't you just summarize what is in the videos? Some of us can easily get bored watching supposedly informational videos.

Yeah, what he said.

All the fancy transition effects and cool illustrations will not impress anyone into believing that the statements in the video are factual.

The videos are created by people who just like to create videos with software and they like to hear themselves speak.

If you guys are going to make my brain hurt, if I have to summarize all that.
Are you sure you really want me to do that?
Post a STUDY or scientific source, and not some useless video propaganda that, only to you, proves your point. I am pretty sure you are incapable of doing this.
Godstud wrote:Post a STUDY or scientific source, and not some useless video propaganda that, only to you, proves your point. I am pretty sure you are incapable of doing this.

I am not going to do any of that. I am just going to use my superior intellect to voice may opinion that all the science and mathematical order you detect in the universe is a result of the mind of God.

God created it all by using the harmonics of his own voice by speaking it all into existence. The mathematics of God can be detected in light, sound, the musical scale, the law and order of movement in the galaxies, the design of plant and animal life, and in human copying of God's work to produce great architecture and art. I am going to stop there, because I know your peon brain would explode out your ears, if I provided all the truth at one time.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
You are posting only shit that supports you from a creationism propaganda site. That's not using your intellect, but clearly willful ignorance.

Truth is obviously not what you are after, so you can stop the bullshit, right there.
Godstud wrote:You are posting only shit that supports you from a creationism propaganda site. That's not using your intellect, but clearly willful ignorance.

Truth is obviously not what you are after, so you can stop the bullshit, right there.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

(2 Peter 3:5-7, 10)
This is just as relevant to what I posted, as your response.
A Unicorn's life begins as a foal like a horse, and is raised by both parents. They are babies for about two months, after that they begin to grow rapidly. At about five months, they enter the teen stage, and their their stubs of horns begin to lengthen. At about seven months, they start becoming more independent and are almost fully grown When they get to about a year, they head off on their own. At about a year and a half, they find a mate, and the process starts over again. Unicorns mate for life, and usually have a foal every two years. Twins are common; any more than that is extremely unusual.
Godstud wrote:This is just as relevant to what I posted, as your response.
A Unicorn's life begins as a foal like a horse, and is raised by both parents. They are babies for about two months, after that they begin to grow rapidly. At about five months, they enter the teen stage, and their their stubs of horns begin to lengthen. At about seven months, they start becoming more independent and are almost fully grown When they get to about a year, they head off on their own. At about a year and a half, they find a mate, and the process starts over again. Unicorns mate for life, and usually have a foal every two years. Twins are common; any more than that is extremely unusual.

You made we laugh so hard I can hardly type my response. That was a good one. At this time, I can really use something like that to cheer me up after my wife said I was just talking nonsense on the web.
Thanks a lot Godstud. I really do love you like a brother from a different mother..
Hindsite wrote:If you guys are going to make my brain hurt, if I have to summarize all that.
Are you sure you really want me to do that?

Then why post videos with info that makes your brain hurt? If you do not understand it, then how can it possibly support your point? :?:

Why not just post articles from magazines? Much easier, IMO.
You know I was reading this interesting topic and then came upon a few people who I thought were somewhat smart making deliberately insulting and overly crude comments deliberately designed to insult me and my religious beliefs. And these comments were off topic to boot.

Mikeman. You of all people should know what it is like to be on the receiving end (no pun intended) of insults and hatred. You should know better than participate in bigotry.

Misty? Is edgy still cool for a little girl like you? Maybe a shorter skirt would get more attention.

Godstud. Seriously man. You are a broken record. Why don't you change your sig to "I hate Christians and insult them every time I can. This hasn't changed since I was 12."
[Zag Edit: Rules 2 and 3 abound. Please remain courteous to other posters and respectful of groups. Please do not discuss behavior in-thread; use the report option. If I have to come back to this thread, things will be cleaned]
MistyTiger wrote:Then why post videos with info that makes your brain hurt? If you do not understand it, then how can it possibly support your point? :?:

Why not just post articles from magazines? Much easier, IMO.

I understand the simple stuff. I have no means of editing out the complicated stuff. But I assumed you guys, being so smart and overly educated might understand what I can't. Then, perhaps you would comment on it down to my level. The only magazine I get is Chess Life and it has simple diagrams, so that i do not have to read much.
Hindsite wrote:Here is a video that explains it more simply and isn't very long.

Fibonacci Sequence Documentary - Golden Section Explained - Secret Teachings

Why are you referencing a video that connects the golden ratio to the Roman goddess Venus and the Great Pyramid of Giza? Doesn't sound very Christian. :eh:

Also:

Hindsite wrote:I am not going to do any of that. I am just going to use my superior intellect to voice may opinion that all the science and mathematical order you detect in the universe is a result of the mind of God.

Hindsite wrote:I understand the simple stuff. I have no means of editing out the complicated stuff. But I assumed you guys, being so smart and overly educated might understand what I can't. Then, perhaps you would comment on it down to my level. The only magazine I get is Chess Life and it has simple diagrams, so that i do not have to read much.

:eh:

[youtube]rcjpags7JT8[/youtube]
Drlee wrote:Godstud. Seriously man. You are a broken record. Why don't you change your sig to "I hate Christians and insult them every time I can. This hasn't changed since I was 12."
Hindsite is effectively destroying any respect for your religion with his talk and you call me a broken record? Have you been looking at the conversation, or are you just chiming in with your rude comments, now? I am not insulting YOU, and you know this, so you can stop pretending you're butthurt.

Drlee, if you want people to perceive your religion as more than a joke, you might need to speak up instead of having a Hindsite do it for you. He's doing a fantastic job of demonstrating why atheism is growing in society, today. He's attacking science in favour of religious dogma, and some of us cannot stand this.

I have only as much respect for your religion, as you have for those of us who don't follow it. Constant biased and ridiculous arguments from Hindsite has me speaking far more vitriolic than I would normally speak. Posting biblical passages in form of responses is infuriating. Keep that in mind.

Stay out of the topic if you have nothing to add, Drlee.

Trump's an idiot, and defunding science is a lose-lose situation.
Hindsite is effectively destroying any respect for your religion with his talk and you call me a broken record?

I'm sorry. I thought you were smart enough to know when you are dealing with either a troll or an idiot. My mistake. I won't make it again.

Drlee, if you want people to perceive your religion as more than a joke, you might need to speak up instead of having a Hindsite do it for you. He's doing a fantastic job of demonstrating why atheism is growing in society, today. He's attacking science in favour of religious dogma, and some of us cannot stand this.

I have spoken up. I have written volumes here. You, it would appear, chose not to read it.

I have only as much respect for your religion, as you have for those of us who don't follow it. Constant biased and ridiculous arguments from Hindsite has me speaking far more vitriolic than I would normally speak.

Control yourself. Deliberately insulting people is childish.

Posting biblical passages in form of responses is infuriating. Keep that in mind.

Nonsense. If you can't control your temper you are the one with the problem. If Bible versus "infuriat" you, seek treatment or stay away. Quoting Bible versus is no less reasonable than quoting a science book. If your intention is to explain why you believe some science you quote your source. If you want to explain why someone believes in a particular religious belief you quote the source of that belief too.

I will not make the mistake to assume that you have any intention of trying to learn or understand religious people. Your mind is closed and you only engage in these discussions to insult and denigrate.

But my fellow scientist (for I am a scientist you know, one piled higher and deeper than most) you are being intellectually dishonest. You feign interest in a religious subject only to use it as an opportunity to belittle people and display your bigotry.

If you don't like Hindsight's sources then pony up your science and argue.

This thread is about the attempt by the Trump administration to cut off funding for science. It is yet another example of his anti-intellectual campaign. If I were you I would worry about that.
I have nothing against religion. I get irritated by religious folks who prefer to hide behind their old texts and deny scientific findings that don't match what they have known for so many years. It is willful ignorance and willful avoidance of new information. Since when is it okay to live under a rock? :eh:

Trump is the most idiotic man in the world right now. It would be ironic and sort of fitting if he was discovered to be suffering from an illness that is unable to be researched because scientists have quit or lost their research grants. The joke would be on him for sure.

Hindsite wrote:But I assumed you guys, being so smart and overly educated might understand what I can't. Then, perhaps you would comment on it down to my level. The only magazine I get is Chess Life and it has simple diagrams, so that i do not have to read much.

We are smart enough to realize that you are throwing out videos created by loonies and fakes. It really is not worth commenting on fake stuff. Life is too short to argue about random videos made by bored people.
Perkwunos wrote:Why are you referencing a video that connects the golden ratio to the Roman goddess Venus and the Great Pyramid of Giza? Doesn't sound very Christian. :eh:

I think it was just referring to using the mathematics and the ratio in building such objects as the Great Pyramid of Giza. It is the science and mathematical use of the golden ratio, not the pagan religion, that is important.

Perkwunos wrote:[youtube]rcjpags7JT8[/youtube]

Sorry, I am only full of truth from God.

Godstud wrote:
Trump's an idiot, and defunding science is a lose-lose situation.

Trump is not an idiot, he is much more intelligent than you are. That should not be disputable to any rational person.
And he is not defunding science. That must be some propaganda put out by a left-wing nutjob.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
De-funding education, and science as well(which he is trying to do) is idiocy.

De-funding climate change is de-funding science. I'm sorry if you can't see that past your mindless adoration of Trump. I can't compete with thoughtless cultism.

Trump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on ‘politicized science’
Nasa’s Earth science division is set to be stripped of funding as the president-elect seeks to shift focus away from home in favor of deep space exploration

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... e-research

NASA is not "politicized" except by those who want to deny reality, and facts. (That's truth, in case you weren't understanding what I was saying)

I could, intellectually speaking, run circles around Trump. The only difference being that I didn't get my daddy giving me $100 million 40 years ago.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]