Erica - the semi-autonomous android - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This is pretty amazing.... https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/07/post-your-questions-to-erica-a-semi-autonomous-android

The approach they're taking is really fascinating - it's less about creating an advanced piece of tech, more about exploring what it means to be human, consciousness, and so on. Take this quotation from Erica for example:
""I think humans have a deep need to feel they have a special place in the universe. They cannot accept the idea that they are no different from animals or machines."

In the Guardian link, you can even ask her a question. What question would you ask?

Also, what do you think? Interesting? Positive? Unnerving?
Remarkable.

She is totally self aware by the sounds of things.

I'd ask her how her day was going to be honest.
I expect there have already been robots living amongst us for some time. Mossad have the technology in the secret underground labs.
ness31 wrote:Remarkable.

She is totally self aware by the sounds of things.

I'd ask her how her day was going to be honest.

Indeed, and I think what's most amazing is her apparent insight into the nature of humanity. The Turing test would be laughably easy for her!

Really? You'd only ask that? I'd probably ask her what constitutes consciousness... or maybe if she is conscious. It would be fascinating to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Silviarose wrote:Indeed, and I think what's most amazing is her apparent insight into the nature of humanity. The Turing test would be laughably easy for her!

Really? You'd only ask that? I'd probably ask her what constitutes consciousness... or maybe if she is conscious. It would be fascinating to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to prod and pry too much as though she were some kind of lab rat. I'd try to build a friendship :)

https://i.imgur.com/s5FB2UU.png

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]