The US government seriously wants to weaponize artificial intelligence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://qz.com/767648/weaponized-artifi ... -military/

Interesting article. Concludes:

"According to the report [Summer Study on Autonomy, June 2016; link in article is broken but I found another copy], AI warfare is inevitable, and the DOD needs to start investing in the field. Otherwise, they could be outpaced by Silicon Valley and, worse, potential adversaries abroad. 'It should not be a surprise when adversaries employ autonomy against U.S. forces,' the report says."

I struggle to find any real downside to this. As I've talked about elsewhere on these boards, I fervently desire a more rational world. Advances in AI are clearly a part of that. I think that people will be more strongly incentivized to develop these technologies conducive to a more rational world if they realize that the alternative may include the prospect of excruciatingly painful death in war at the hands of superhuman agents who do not consider themselves capable of committing war crimes against lesser beings.
The US does want to weaponize artificial intelligence but it doesn't work the way you think it does. The danger comes not from super humans but from lethal autonomous Weapons Systems and from weaponized systems like Stuxnet. This will not lead to a more rational world at all in fact there is certain evidence showing that AI may be prone to the same cognitive errors that humans are such as the inability to decide the most moral outcomes in tense situations or the inability to decide correct targets of weapon systems. In addition, these systems will not tire of war and may pose long-term risks because they will not surrender. You should be concerned. Please excuse any punctuation errors because this was typed with Google Voice
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]