Keystone Pipeline exploded and spilt - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
skinster wrote:I see another pipeline has been approved in Nebraska.

How?

https://www.globalenergyinstitute.org/b ... eystone-xl

you can see the benefits there ^

But it is also obvious that a Oil based economy would benefit from acquiring more Oil. Especially Oil from a friendly neighbor and Ally, and a strategic one at that preventing any geopolitical interruptions of oil moving to our refineries.
Even with the risks it entails? Like, you know, spilling 200,000 gallons of oil into the environment and contaminating the water, as this leak has done.

Is it worth it? Do you believe damage to the environment will have no consequences?

:D at that lobby group that benefits from the pipeline, as your source for how pipelines benefit the people.
skinster wrote:Even with the risks it entails? Like, you know, spilling 200,000 gallons of oil into the environment and contaminating the water, as this leak has done.

Is it worth it? Do you believe damage to the environment will have no consequences?

:D at that lobby group that benefits from the pipeline, as your source for how pipelines benefit the people.

This issue is so politically toxic excuse the pun that any source will be biased. As far as 200k gallons of oil, that is relatively small considering how important oil is to our economy, how large our country is. Not to mention the spill in Gulf of Mexico was supposed to be an epic ecological disaster has barely changed anything. Most of the Gulf states and countries went back to business as usual, and the eco system adjusted in a way scientist did not anticipate.
skinster wrote:A lobby group involved in the construction of the pipeline is not the best thing to start with, but okay, you're welcome to trust they have your best interest at heart.

As for gulf of Mexico leak, the consequences are ongoing.

Well if you wish to dispute it please find a source to do so.

The effects are ongoing and minimal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eally.html

Healed though still scarred, the Gulf of Mexico has demonstrated a remarkable recovery

worst ever and still not that bad, 200k Gallons aint really much now is it.
Oxymoron wrote:Well if you wish to dispute it please find a source to do so.

You claimed pipelines help Americans and I asked you how. I didn't think you'd use a lobby group involved in the construction as a source of how, but okay, I am sure they have your best interests at heart and are totally not lying to you or anything.

As for that Torygraph article you just posted, did you notice how they keep using BP as their source? I wonder if BP, who was responsible for the oil-spill, I wonder what they would say about all this. :excited:
skinster wrote:You claimed pipelines help Americans and I asked you how. I didn't think you'd use a lobby group involved in the construction as a source of how, but okay, I am sure they have your best interests at heart and are totally not lying to you or anything.

As for that Torygraph article you just posted, did you notice how they keep using BP as their source? I wonder if BP, who was responsible for the oil-spill, I wonder what they would say about all this. :excited:

Aside the article I made my point of view clear, you want to ignore it fine by me. Unless you wish to dispute the details, attacking the source is a typically avoidance technique. I accept your emotisurrender. :D
You two really deserve each other. :lol:

My problem with the Keystone Pipeline, or any other new installations like that, is that it doesn't help the US and the world get rid of its oil addiction but helps maintain an unsustainable and damaging socioeconomic model and human existence. It's almost as much absurd as reopening coal mines.
Beren wrote:If I were a pro-pipeline person I'd rather say it may have been a sabotage.

Mossad are the most likely culprits at this point, they plan to take over the entire Middle East and once they have done so they don't want any other oil produces existing, put simply they crave a monopoly.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]