Arguments AGAINST Veganism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I do not want to become vegan and I'm going to tell you why. There are many very compelling reasons AGAINST Veganism, and I think it's important that the world hears my case.

Argument #1: As a free man and as a citizen of the United States, I am guaranteed the constitutional right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My happiness depends on my right to eat meat. I absolutely LOVE the way meat tastes. If I lose the right to eat meat, it will make me very unhappy, and we cannot allow this as it would be unconstitutional.

Argument #2: If we don't eat them, other predators will. We can use our advanced brains to lessen harm in the world by making animals suffer FAR LESS than what they would suffer if they had to fare for themselves in the wild. There is no possible way for us to protect them against wild predators. So, because they're going to die anyway, we might as well consume them in the MOST HUMANE way possible.

Argument #3: Why should a lion have more rights than I do? Why is it perfectly OK and perfectly acceptable for lions, wolves, and other carnivores to be allowed to mercilessly slaughter prey? Why should we protect their right to kill when they are the ones causing the most harm in the world? At the very least I should be allowed to consume OTHER carnivores. What's wrong with that?

Argument #4: Veganism causes death too. Think of all the animals that get slaughtered every time a farmer plows a field. Rabbits, turtles, squirrels, shrews, snakes, frogs, birds, and insects. In order to be a vegan you have to kill a TON of animals. Being vegan does NOTHING to lessen the amount of harm in the world.

There are so, so many more arguments against veganism but I'll just leave it at that for now.
These are not ‘arguments against veganism’. They are reasons you choose not to be a vegan. The only argument against veganism is whether the individual has sufficient knowledge of nutrition.
My argument against veganism and even vegetarianism is evolution. Our frontal lobes (which is where our higher orders of thinking come from) evolved precisely because we started eating cooked meat. Cooked meat has made us smarter. The key is that is has to be cooked because our bodies can more easily absorb the proteins and fats that are very good for our brains.

That said, I do think we should probably only be eating meat like once a week.

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]