Potholes Coulee Cataracts looping fly-over with Channeled Scablands of eastern Washington - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Watch this 5 min clip (no naration) to get an idea of just how massive the flood must have been to have created this landscape. The flood was caused by the failure of the ice dam that held in the Ice Age glacial lake, Lake Missoula, which contained 500 cubic miles of water behind a 2000+ foot ice dam.

Randall Carlson has a large number of youtube videos about this whole question. One is ---
"Ice Dam Problems: Poking Holes in a Leaky Ice Age Floods Theory" w/ Dynamite Randall Carlson (2008)

Have you ever heard of the Peshtigo event in 1871? That night several fires started over a 4 state area, including the Great Chicago Fire. Here they claim they were started by one or a few fireballs from space.

MMT would provide the few tens of millions/year that it would take to get ready for this threat.
BTW --- Oct. 31 thru Nov. 2 are the most likely time of the year that such impacts could happen because of a meteor stream created by the breakup of a comet.
To clarify again --- I am not saying that such an object will hit the Earth anytime soon. Nobody knows when it will happen again, but it is certain it will happen in the next billion years and almost certain in the next million years. How likely in the next 100 years? No one knows. MMT would make paying for a NASA program to combat this quite painless. And, likely will provide spin offs that help humanity in many ways just like NASA's programs have so far.

Yes, I know most of you erroneously think MMT will bankrupt America when America can't be bankrupted.
I am an atheist.
I am becoming discouraged.
Most climate scientists are now saying that we need to act now to keep the temp. to 2 deg. C increase or else face a major risk of a runaway effect.
A runaway temp. increase could and likely would kill every person on earth before the climate returned to what we call normal.
I'm beginning to think that the only hope for humanity is a super volcano eruption or an asteroid strike of just the right size in just the right place. At least then some of us would survive and be able to pick up the pieces and go on.
However, this will likely not happen. So ---

I'm 70+ and I am dying of heart disease.
I can't march in the streets, you-all will have to do it.
March to force the Democratic Party to return to their roots [to FDR's party] or to take over the Green Party to use its access to the ballot to let the mass of the American people elect people who will act in the people's best interest and not that of the 0.1%'s interest. [The 0.1% foolishly think that they can survive in their compounds no matter what; but if the world takes 100,000 years to recover they will all die too.]
Don't do it for me, do it for your great grandchildren.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]