China Plans to Launch First "Artificial Moon" in 2020. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/china-pl ... 041162/amp

Tomorrow, the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai bridge opens. It's the world's longest bridge network and will link these areas for cars and trucks. It was first seriously considered in 2003 and 15 years later it is opening. So, if the Chinese say they're going to do something like this, there is a good chance that it could happen.

The artificial moon would consist of mirrors that reflect the sun's light at night. In theory, the city won't need to spend energy on street lamps once it is in orbit. The mirrors could be "turned off" (I assume rotated) so that the moon can be shut down if people decide they don't like it or if it causes unforeseen problems.

Hopefully it will miss the giant panda reserve because pandas need sleep.

If the project works out, it might even set a trend as it may be energy saving, reducing costs and pollution.
Hong Wu wrote:https://www.nasdaq.com/article/china-plans-to-launch-the-first-artifical-moon-cm1041162/amp

Tomorrow, the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai bridge opens. It's the world's longest bridge network and will link these areas for cars and trucks. It was first seriously considered in 2003 and 15 years later it is opening. So, if the Chinese say they're going to do something like this, there is a good chance that it could happen.

The artificial moon would consist of mirrors that reflect the sun's light at night. In theory, the city won't need to spend energy on street lamps once it is in orbit. The mirrors could be "turned off" (I assume rotated) so that the moon can be shut down if people decide they don't like it or if it causes unforeseen problems.

Hopefully it will miss the giant panda reserve because pandas need sleep.

If the project works out, it might even set a trend as it may be energy saving, reducing costs and pollution.
WE had to install street lights because the moon is not bright enough to illuminate a city. If China is going to launch an artificial moon or three artificial moons to save energy, I'll assume such a moon will be bright enough to disrupt biological clocks. This is a technocratic disaster waiting to happen. This will contribute to artificial light pollution and potentially speed up ecological collapse. We're ignoring a simple fact-Technocratic policies move faster than biological evolution.

IN short, this is mechanistic madness.
RhetoricThug wrote:WE had to install street lights because the moon is not bright enough to illuminate a city. If China is going to launch an artificial moon or three artificial moons to save energy, I'll assume such a moon will be bright enough to disrupt biological clocks. This is a technocratic disaster waiting to happen. This will contribute to artificial light pollution and potentially speed up ecological collapse. We're ignoring a simple fact-Technocratic policies move faster than biological evolution.

IN short, this is mechanistic madness.

It's actually estimated to be about 1/5th as bright of the moon, which in my mind may not be bright enough. I was also sure to mention that the satellite can be turned off if it has adverse effects so there doesn't seem to be much reason to worry. People launch all sorts of less useful things into space, this is probably worth experimenting with.
Hong Wu wrote:It's actually estimated to be about 1/5th as bright of the moon, which in my mind may not be bright enough.
1/5th as bright huh, what's the point behind this? We have ground solutions. Not trying to be brash, but if light pollution and energy costs are a problem, the Chinese gov should give everyone state sponsored google commie glass with night vision.

Tell me, will an artificial moon wax and wane?

I was also sure to mention that the satellite can be turned off if it has adverse effects so there doesn't seem to be much reason to worry. People launch all sorts of less useful things into space, this is probably worth experimenting with.
Launching an artificial moon is more of a monument to Technocracy.

Here's an excerpt from a Marshall McLuhan- John Lennon dialogue
"When you put the Earth inside a man-made environment, you scrape Nature. You have then the job of programming everything on the planet, and everything you don't program is polluted. You're in charge of the whole show again, the Garden of Eden, is the job of the programmer" -Marshall McLuhan

"Yes, our gardener said to us, um... We were asking him why he was pulling up the weeds, some of em were flowers you know. Weeds are flowers, we went through that bit. He says, everything I haven't planted I constitute a weed. And he pulled em up. That is exactly what will happen when we do what you said." -John Lennon

For the Technocracy, Nature is an engineering problem. Given humanity's track record, I'm not so sure we're ready for that kind of responsibility. :hmm:

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]

He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]