China lands on dark side of the moon - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
You do know that there is no dark side of the moon, as every part of the moon, at some time or another, faces the earth. Just saying....

Good on a team venture in space, however. :)
Godstud wrote:You do know that there is no dark side of the moon, as every part of the moon, at some time or another, faces the Sun. Just saying....

Fixed it for you, Godstud. :)
Godstud wrote:You do know that there is no dark side of the moon, as every part of the moon, at some time or another, faces the earth. Just saying....

I may have known that on some subconscious level lol but I probs enjoyed channeling Pink Floyd a bit too much. I guess I just took it to mean they went somewhere untraversed.

Of course, none of this matters if you don’t buy moon landings of any sort :lol: But, the Chinese clearly do :)
It was dark as in we received no (negligible) light from it. One can argue that it remained dark into the twentieth century as there was no expectation that any living human would see light from it. Is a Black Hole dark? It emits plenty of light its just that we don't see any of it. From the perspective of matter inside the Black Hole, it is us that live in the Black Hole.

This has obvious implications for the Brexit debate. Is it the Brexiteers or the Remainers that are living in an ideological Black Hole?
Hey @Godstud , I just read that the moon is “tidally locked” to our rotation. So we actually only ever see one side of the moon. I think that is what Potemkin was getting at.
Some actually believe that the Nazi Germans beat them to it , and even established a base there .
. There was even a spoof film based on the premise.
. With the Trump administration developing a space force
, and now the PRC's expansion to the moon
, what might have once been simply science fiction , is now fast becoming a reality .
skinster wrote:We need to get that emoticon with the smiling face and hearts in place of eyes, so I can use it for threads like this.

I want this emoticon too.
Somewhat unreported for both the landing of a package of instruments on the far side of the moon by China and the NASA space mission to Pluto and Ultima Thule is the communication technology involved. The China essay required the development and successful operation of a lunar communication satellite. Even more remarkable is the sending and reception of usable information from the trans-Plutonian probe.
Torus34 wrote:Somewhat unreported for both the landing of a package of instruments on the far side of the moon by China and the NASA space mission to Pluto and Ultima Thule is the communication technology involved. The China essay required the development and successful operation of a lunar communication satellite. Even more remarkable is the sending and reception of usable information from the trans-Plutonian probe.

Are you saying the missions were connected? How’d I miss that nugget?
ness31 wrote:Hey @Godstud , I just read that the moon is “tidally locked” to our rotation. So we actually only ever see one side of the moon. I think that is what Potemkin was getting at.

Precisely. There is a 'far' side of the Moon, but not a 'dark' side of the Moon. Pink Floyd got it wrong. :)

@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Define died first? Are missing in action for mo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]