Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
We don’t necessarily need government policy on pets, just education. Knowing about the environmental impact of a pet may prompt a person to forgo acquiring a dog or cat. It’s a situation like the growing movement away from eating meat: it’s education, not policy, that is driving the change in behavior.
Finfinder wrote:I don't know. Is someone (proposing an environmental tax on pets)?

I thought that you were addressing that argument: that some totalitarian movement is attacking pets through taxation.

What is your claim? What is your argument again?

Since you do not know, I can logically conclude that you have no criticisms.

Have a good one!
Robert Urbanek wrote:We don’t necessarily need government policy on pets, just education. Knowing about the environmental impact of a pet may prompt a person to forgo acquiring a dog or cat. It’s a situation like the growing movement away from eating meat: it’s education, not policy, that is driving the change in behavior.

Your view and I have no problem that it is your view.
If my dog is, in your opinion, a burden on the planet, I accept that it is your view.
I clear up after him. The waste goes in the black bin and that goes into landfill where it will decompose and pose no threat to the environment. Foxes, on the other hand........
Pants-of-dog wrote:I thought that you were addressing that argument: that some totalitarian movement is attacking pets through taxation.

Since you do not know, I can logically conclude that you have no criticisms.

Have a good one!

Since you posted only a link to someones else's words , I can concluded you are unwilling to open yourself to debating and backing up a statement you made on this forum. In the future you can save us all some time.

You have a good day too!!!
Robert Urbanek wrote:We don’t necessarily need government policy on pets, just education. Knowing about the environmental impact of a pet may prompt a person to forgo acquiring a dog or cat. It’s a situation like the growing movement away from eating meat: it’s education, not policy, that is driving the change in behavior.

We don't but that is what extremist want. How do educate without policy? You get George Soros to pay for it? LOL

Fortunately I was correct this issue is political suicide as you can note, the Salon article is from 2014. Interesting that it is being recirculated. Make no bones about (pun intended) policy and taxation is the ultimate goal.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, often that is exactly what evidence is.

LOL OK so does that mean you are now going to change your personal policy of not commenting on Youtube videos :D :D :D
Political Interest wrote:People have kept dogs since the earliest of times. What are these experts suggesting is the solution?

On a side note, I feel a certain coldness in people who dislike dogs.

Angela Merkel has a strong fear of dogs but she was very compassionate to Syrian refugees.
Political Interest wrote:On a side note, I feel a certain coldness in people who dislike dogs.

I do not dislike dogs. I just don't want one. There's a difference between not wanting one, and not liking them. Do not confound them.
just to summarize for all the people here
Finfinder wrote:Since you posted only a link to someones else's words , I can concluded you are unwilling to open yourself to debating and backing up a statement you made on this forum. In the future you can save us all some time.
You have a good day too!!!

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, often that is exactly what evidence is.

Finfinder wrote:LOL OK so does that mean you are now going to change your personal policy of not commenting on Youtube videos :D :D :D

Pants-of-dog wrote:Are videos text?

Are videos not verbal words that form evidence. Are transcripts of videos better than the exact same spoken words. You can go forever, that still doesn't change the fact you won't back up (in your own words) your statement. Therefore I have to conclude you simply cannot.
I think I have proven that well and wasted enough time on this. Have a good one.
The real problem is that people especially in the US are obsessed with their pets nowadays they literally worship them.
lots of videos on reddit where pet owners call each other "mommy" or "daddy" like the dog is a real human lol
people are losing their minds in the west
Finfinder wrote:just to summarize for all the people here

Are videos not verbal words that form evidence. Are transcripts of videos better than the exact same spoken words. You can go forever, that still doesn't change the fact you won't back up (in your own words) your statement. Therefore I have to conclude you simply cannot.
I think I have proven that well and wasted enough time on this. Have a good one.

Do you have anything to say about the environmental impact of pets?

Apologies for coming in late on this :)

So to recap... in order to save the planet we must stop eating red meat because cows fart. As a consequence poultry consumption has gone up, now we must stop eating chickens because the demand for soya to feed chickens has gone stratospheric. We must not drive cars, even electric cars are polluting and according to saint Greta, air travel is a definite no no, and now just to put the cherry on the eco warrior turd, Robert^is having a downer on Fido & Tiddles.

Robert, there's an elephant in the room which is being ignored by everyone, and I want you to trust me when I say it's not the catastrophic effect that Fido & Tiddles are having on the planet. The problem is population growth.
Red Rackham wrote:...The problem is population growth.

If that is the case, what is the solution?

Should those countries that have the highest carbon footprint per capita no longer have babies?
Pants-of-dog wrote:If that is the case, what is the solution?

Should those countries that have the highest carbon footprint per capita no longer have babies?

Well, it's already happening isn't it. Birth rates are declining in educated wealthy Europe and increasing in poor third world countries where large families are the norm. However I accept that in 21st century UK it would be racist to even think that anyone who isn't white and English should perhaps have fewar babies.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then you already have your solution already happening!

The elephant in the room seems to be resolving itself.

LOL. You are obviously an outraged pro EU lefty who thinks it's racist to be white and English, and I concede that thanks to 21st century political correctness, you have had it more or less you're own way for quite a while. However, I sense there's a whiff of change in the air. Nothing dramatic these things don't happen overnight. But with Brexit I think we may get our mojo back, our sense of national pride. And as a bonus, Boris as PM of an independent UK may be able to stop criminals from across the world entering England from a borderless EU :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you have anything to say about the environmental impact of pets?

Yes I have made my contributions to the dialog of this thread you may want to review them, the good thing is you don't have to click on a Wikapedia link to do that.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]