Event Horizon and Deepwater Horizon - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Insects are sold at some markets, but not all. Not everyone eats them.

That said, 30 years ago people didn't eat sushi, because it was "raw fish". Now everyone eats it.

You're pretty ignorant, @Brandenski. What's wrong with insects being sold in a market? Are you going to bitch about them being inhumanely killed or some other such stupid thing?

12 Reasons Why You Should Start Eating BUGS
Edible insects are sustainable, delicious, and they are getting more accessible than ever! 2 billion people worldwide are already eating insects every day.
https://www.eatcrickster.com/blog/reasons-to-eat-bugs
Godstud wrote:Insects are sold at some markets, but not all. Not everyone eats them.

Godstud, nothing wrong with eating insects. They are fucking awesome for protein and really good in a diet. Only western mentality makes people think processed meat wedged into a burger is better than roasted insects. Because the science doesn't say that and neither does the nutritionalist.
Yeah @B0ycey , I've tried bugs but they simply aren't my cup o tea. If they were manufactured into burgers and called "protein", they'd probably be more palatable, but the texture is what I found most off-putting.

I ate something like a cicada and it tasted like beef with basil. My wife likes bugs, but my son doesn't(only ant eggs).

Insects are a superb source for protein and very Green, environmentally. Fools like Brandenski might laugh now, but there's bugs in all the manufactured meat you now eat. :D

This is off-topic, but the real topic is really dumb. :p
Godstud wrote:
Yeah @B0ycey , I've tried bugs but they simply aren't my cup o tea. If they were manufactured into burgers and called "protein", they'd probably be more palatable, but the texture is what I found most off-putting.

I ate something like a cicada and it tasted like beef with basil. My wife likes bugs, but my son doesn't(only ant eggs).

Insects are a superb source for protein and very Green, environmentally. Fools like Brandenski might laugh now, but there's bugs in all the manufactured meat you now eat. :D

This is off-topic, but the real topic is really dumb. :p

I am compulsive about trying things. I saw this drink in an Asian store once, bought it. It was supposed to be good for you, but you could tell just looking at it, it was vile. So I tried it. Do you remember when you were a kid and some medicine tasted so bad you were sure it would kill you (that may have been more true for my generation, Boomer).

This was worse.

I've eaten a lot of bugs, even had fried earthworms once. They were bland, almost no flavor. But I never felt the need to have seconds :D

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

@FiveofSwords , when do you plan to call for a r[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Friedrich Engels once said, “All that exists dese[…]