I wonder if the Qanon people should be targeting the mega Millionaires and Mainstream economists. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Dear admin. moderator, sorry that this was posted to the wrong forum. My wife had an emergency and so I was rushed. I posted an identical post in Political Circus.

snark on

IMHO, 90% of the world's problems are the result of neo-liberal economics, and therefore. the people who invented, pushed, taught, and support Neo-liberalism.

IMHO, these people are as bad as the Qanon conspiracy says that its targets are. Surely, not literally, but functionally.
snark off

Neo-liberalism supports these ideas
1] The Gov. should do as little as possible
2] Giving money to the rich, incl. by reducing their taxes, will cause them to hire more people at higher wages.
3] People should be maximally selfish outside their immediately family.
4] That earning more money yourself is always the best way to help the people below you. So, there is never enough money to satisfy the rich.
5] That concentrating power is good for everyone. Media power and corp. power can't be *too* concentrated.
6] That doing things that can't be profitable for someone is a waste of resources. So, fixing infrastructure is unnecessary. So, making and stockpiling PPE & masks, and preparing to mass manufacture vaccines is a waste. So, building enough hospitals and training enough medical professionals so that the nation has a reserve capacity to handle a pandemic is a waste (that having nurses work 30 hour weeks & hospitals having 25% empty beds is a waste).
Last edited by Steve_American on 21 Jan 2021 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
The Mega billionaires tend to become woke with time. They already have enough power and wealth and eventually it gets boring. However, becoming the savior of the poor is quite a high, a bit of Jesus complex.
If our laws are not robust enough to put Q in jail, we should change them so we can.

In Price of Inequality, Stiglitz talks about how we can fix this.

"While there may be underlying economic forces at play,” he writes, “politics have shaped the market, and shaped it in ways that advantage the top at the expense of the rest.”[1] Stiglitz blames rent-seeking for causing the inequality, with the wealthy using their power to shape monopolies, incur favorable treatment by the government, and pay low taxes. The end result is not only morally wrong but also hurts the productivity in the economy.[1]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_of_Inequality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvE6zWhDRUU&t=689s
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there are tunnels near Nuseirat, then this is a[…]

https://media.gq.com/photos/65d4b3d8[…]

So we agree that it is not simply carte blanche an[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]