Climategate - Why are Liberals so stupid - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BlutoSays wrote:Or not. Say whatever you have to in order to get more free shit for the free shit army.

If your only rebuttal is to accuse me of being a freeloader, then this discussion is over.

The predicted sea level sea rise for 2100 is 0.6m. That is about two feet in “American”.

This will impact hundreds of thousands of homes on the US coast. Perhaps even millions.
https://www.dailycal.org/2020/12/07/stu ... e-housing/

In a study published Tuesday, researchers examined the risks of sea level rise and coastal flooding on affordable housing units across the United States, which could affect the city of Berkeley.

The study identified that the number of affordable housing units at risk of coastal flooding due to rising sea levels is expected to triple by 2050, according to Benjamin Strauss, study co-author and Climate Central’s CEO and chief scientist. The study also pointed out that affordable housing units were structurally more vulnerable to the effects of climate change.

“Compared to their neighbors, affordable housing residents already have few options and fewer resources to move, prepare or recover as coastal flooding poses a bigger and bigger threat to their homes,” Strauss said in an email. “This study can help governments and agencies understand where the risks are concentrated, so they can take efficient steps to protect local affordable housing stocks and the people who need them.”

…..

The actual study can be found here:
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... 326/abb266
What??? I've never had a problem sending a PM before, or reading them. You might have to see if the limitation is at your end. :hmm:
Oh well. I was just curious as to what region of Thailand you dwelled in. I skip around a bit on the bike but generally live in NE Thailand on the Mekong.
Godstud wrote:Oh well. I was just curious as to what region of Thailand you dwelled in. I skip around a bit on the bike but generally live in NE Thailand on the Mekong.

You "skip around"?

mmmm hmmm.
@BlutoSays I guess your reading comprehension is poor, but then you're an American so I should expect poor education to be a factor.

Skip:
to bound off one point after another
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/skip

There. You learned more today than in your last few years in USA.
Godstud wrote:Oh well. I was just curious as to what region of Thailand you dwelled in. I skip around a bit on the bike but generally live in NE Thailand on the Mekong.

I'd only visit Phuck-it or Bang-kok while I'm in Siam. Because, I'd never switch over from the colonial name. Who here says Siam? Good. I'd probably drive between Phuket and Bangkok until I find everything I'm looking for.
@Mike12 If you only limit yourself to touristy places, you'll never discover what the real Thailand is all about(so much better than tourist resorts). That you can't pronounce the names shows how little you know and I doubt you've ever even been to Thailand. (Phuket is pronouned "Poo-ket" & Bangkok is not hyphenated)

No one calls Thailand, Siam, and you calling it that will be regarded as ignorant. It was renamed in 1939 when it became Thailand and became a Constitutional Monarchy. At the very least it would be as ignorant as calling modern USA, the "united colonies". :knife:

Note: There is no "colonial" history for Thailand. Thailand was never colonized. You're thinking of Laos and Cambodia.

Anyways, this if off-topic and I wasn't speaking to you, anyways, @Mike12. Send a PM if you want to actually learn something about Thailand. I can probably fill you in to the realities.
Godstud wrote:@Mike12 If you only limit yourself to touristy places, you'll never discover what the real Thailand is all about(so much better than tourist resorts). That you can't pronounce the names shows how little you know and I doubt you've ever even been to Thailand. (Phuket is pronouned "Poo-ket" & Bangkok is not hyphenated)

No one calls Thailand, Siam, and you calling it that will be regarded as ignorant. It was renamed in 1939 when it became Thailand and became a Constitutional Monarchy. At the very least it would be as ignorant as calling modern USA, the "united colonies". :knife:

Note: There is no "colonial" history for Thailand. Thailand was never colonized. You're thinking of Laos and Cambodia.

Anyways, this if off-topic and I wasn't speaking to you, anyways, @Mike12. Send a PM if you want to actually learn something about Thailand. I can probably fill you in to the realities.

See in Korea, the Conscription backfired some blackpowder in my face because wherever you tell everyone you're headed for the army in Korea the need to arrest you for proximity and interaction reasons increases. So which one's your favorite? Korea that is. Additionally not a single Korean has ever promoted any single attempt to learn any language whatsoever. I bet you're over in Thailand with a misplaced word you need to head home. Thirdly, you wouldn't be one, what a joke. If that was the plan.
Mike12 wrote:So which one's your favorite? Korea that is. Additionally not a single Korean has ever promoted any single attempt to learn any language whatsoever.
I don't live in Korea. Many Koreans learn English. I know people who have taught English there. Obviously, you have never heard of ASEAN. https://asean.org/ They're pushing English as the trade language and all countries in it have made English fluency a goal.

Mike12 wrote:I bet you're over in Thailand with a misplaced word you need to head home.
A misplaced word??? :eh: You mean if I broke their laws? Why would I do that when I didn't do that in Canada? I don't meddle in Thai politics and have no intention of breaking any laws(slander is more of a crime here than in the West, due to "Face"/honour, so it's no surprise that the Lèse-majesté is a law). That said, you'd really have to go out of your way and be belligerent to have it applied to you.

Mike12 wrote:Thirdly, you wouldn't be one, what a joke. If that was the plan.
I don't plan on changing my citizenship. I never did. I like being Canadian and there's no reason to change it, in the same way as my wife doesn't want to be Canadian.

I've lived in Thailand for over 10 years and have no plans on living in Canada, ever again. The quality of life in Thailand is too good.
Godstud wrote:I don't live in Korea. Many Koreans learn English. I know people who have taught English there. Obviously, you have never heard of ASEAN. https://asean.org/ They're pushing English as the trade language and all countries in it have made English fluency a goal.

A misplaced word??? :eh: You mean if I broke their laws? Why would I do that when I didn't do that in Canada? I don't meddle in Thai politics and have no intention of breaking any laws(slander is more of a crime here than in the West, due to "Face"/honour, so it's no surprise that the Lèse-majesté is a law). That said, you'd really have to go out of your way and be belligerent to have it applied to you.

I don't plan on changing my citizenship. I never did. I like being Canadian and there's no reason to change it, in the same way as my wife doesn't want to be Canadian.

I've lived in Thailand for over 10 years and have no plans on living in Canada, ever again. The quality of life in Thailand is too good.

ASEAN won't succeed. You said earlier of course that simple national pride would maintain South Korea or Thailand from colonialism as well. I mean if Germany or Scotland wouldn't like your personal background where does Thailand fit in? I bet they collect ugly people and vagrants for 99% conviction rate courts that will find the confession they want. Courts are just the government arm like Nazi Germany except to a lesser extent, not to start yelling at any Jews on the board.
Mike12 wrote:ASEAN won't succeed.
Considering how little you know about it, I'll ignore your silly statement.

Mike12 wrote:You said earlier of course that simple national pride would maintain South Korea or Thailand from colonialism as well.
:eh: I never said that. Have you resorted to fabricating arguments where none were made?

Thailand was not a colony. It doesn't matter how many times you make the claim, it's misinformation. Thailand was never a colony. Siam wasn't a colony.

Mike12 wrote: I mean if Germany or Scotland wouldn't like your personal background where does Thailand fit in?
My personal background? :eh: What are you babbling about? My background, and character, is impeccable.

Mike12 wrote: I bet they collect ugly people and vagrants for 99% conviction rate courts that will find the confession they want.
You're thinking of the USA, not Thailand. Your ignorance of the nation is absolutely appalling.

Mike12 wrote:Courts are just the government arm like Nazi Germany except to a lesser extent, not to start yelling at any Jews on the board.
More Conspiracy Theory BS? really... :roll:
Godstud wrote::eh: I never said that. Have you resorted to fabricating arguments where none were made?

Thailand was not a colony. It doesn't matter how many times you make the claim, it's misinformation. Thailand was never a colony. Siam wasn't a colony.

My personal background? :eh: What are you babbling about? My background, and character, is impeccable.

You're thinking of the USA, not Thailand. Your ignorance of the nation is absolutely appalling.

More Conspiracy Theory BS? really... :roll:

Nobody has personal knowledge of you obviously. I'm saying what would be the conviction rate of a foreign population in Germany today, any different? At what rate do Bulgarians and Hungarians die or convict easily in Romania? Romania did expand and Bulgaria and Hungary shrunk. Impeccable is up to the interpretation of every viewer. It always has been. And by the way, there is so much crap out of Canada. Why does the world care if Canadians are the best top East Asia travelers and connoisseurs in their flannel lumberjack ties, and what not?
Mike12 wrote: I'm saying what would be the conviction rate of a foreign population in Germany today, any different? At what rate do Bulgarians and Hungarians die or convict easily in Romania? Romania did expand and Bulgaria and Hungary shrunk.
Irrelevant. We aren't discussing these things. How many tea leaves are there in China?

Mike12 wrote:Impeccable is up to the interpretation of every viewer.
By any modern standard. Also, you are in no position to judge ANYONE. I am sure were I to judge you, you would come up wanting.

Mike12 wrote:And by the way, there is so much crap out of Canada.
Canada's fine. I don't know what you are referring to. I suspect it's more BS. :O

Mike12 wrote:Why does the world care if Canadians are the best top East Asia travelers and connoisseurs in their flannel lumberjack ties, and what not?
Irrelevant, as no one has made any such claims.

It's nice to see that you know as much about Canada, as you do about Thailand. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That sucks, @late. Normally those places are hot already, aren't they? I thought they'd be better able to handle heat waves. Mind you 47 C if FUCKING HOT!!!

Weather report says Portugal was 29C, today. That's not outrageously hot. Thankfully the temps have come down.

My friend in England says it's raining and cooler, now.

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]