What we have is competing conspiracy theories on climate change. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
What we have is competing conspiracy theories.

One thing that people on both sides can agree on is that the other side is part of or dupes of a very large conspiracy.
We have tried to convince people like @Truth to Power with the proof that climate change (CC) is real and caused by humans. People like him call the scientists liars and the research lies.

So, I'm going to try a different tack.

1a] If CC is a conspiracy by many thousands of scientists and all the science journals, then who is running and funding it? It can't be the fossil fuel corps, because they gain by funding the CC deniers, like you.
1b] There have been a few people who have blown the whistle with what they say is evidence of the CC conspiracy. What has happened to them? Did they die mysteriously?
1c] In the late 80s the UN created the UN IPCC. This was supported by Pres. Reagan. Why is the IPCC still pushing CC and in fact saying we must act now or the window to avoid the worst will close in a few years? What would the UN gain by supporting this narrative?

2a] It seems to me that the big oil corps are funding the CC deniers. So, IMHO, there is a legal conspiracy on that side.
2b] It is totally possible that almost all the denying scientists are being well paid to say that.
2c] There are reports that in the 70s the big oil corps funded research into climate change. The resulting reports said that around now the temps would have increased to about the temps we are measuring now. So, they were spot on. What has happened to the people who wrote or leaked those reports? Did they die mysteriously?

AFAIK, nobody on either side has been murdered. It is possible they lost income, but it is also possible they are being paid to say what they are saying. This applies equally to those on both sides.

For me the larger group of scientists wins because the larger a conspiracy the harder and more expensive it is to keep it pretty much secret. AFAIK, my side has over 98% of climate related scientists to under 2% on the side of the deniers. So, 98 to 2 is 49 times more scientists on my side.

So, IMO, my side is far more likely to honestly believe that the reports they publish and the talks they give are the truth as far as they know. And, like I said above, what does the UN gain by keeping the IPCC going?
Well there sure seems like a conspiracy of silence on one of the great scandals of our time, Libropomorhic Global Warming. From the Liberal's campaign to destroy Russia, their limitless feeding of the pharmaceutical-sickness industrial leviathan, to electric car insanity, every where you look you will find Liberals engaged in narcissistic unsustainable consumption.

It just goes on and on. The Liberals demand for hugely costly trans policies at government expense. The vast costs of the Liberal's tech surveillance complex. The expectation that old people can just be given unlimited care. the celebration of population increase and immigration in a terribly overcrowded world.
@Steve_American the reality is that the political will is not strong enough to do what is necessary to eliminate the trend for environmental damage issues.

There are unlimited investments in crap. War being one of them looming large right now.

There are not enormous investments in cleaning up trashed out oceans, unbreathable air in Chicago or Beijing or etc, and polluted waterways all around the world.

There is always people believing in that not enough money for old people to live in dignity, or young people to have decent educations. No money for that.

It is too much, they whine on and on.

It is like someone who needs a budget and says, I do not want to spend money on rent or water and electricity. I want to spend on wine and Prada shoes. Stop paying the rent and electricity. I want my Prada shoes.

It is illogical. Spend on human needs that are real and necessary.

Steve American, when you sit down and analyze your own budget which items do you put on the MUST PAY THIS column? And which are luxuries?

Hmmm. Rent or mortgage? Must pay. Water? Must pay, etc. Cell phone? Probably must pay, internet? Probably must pay. Expensive liquor? No. A new car payment? Not really necessary. Luxury item. Expensive barber for my haircut? No. Etc.

Governments got to start thinking about what is absolutely necessary for the vast majority of citizens and not what are wasteful crap that is only about the interests of a few without a real needs that is legitimate.

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

So you do, or do not applaud Oct 7th? If you say […]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]