Stephen Hawking on global warming - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Boondock Saint
Stephen Hawkings needs to read The Bible, then he would know that God will sort it all out and that man has little to no effect on the planet itself.

;)

It's a good thing brilliant people arent in charge, we might not have much to watch on the news if they were ...
By N'Djamena
That's true. No murders, wars, etc. to make dinner exciting.
By Citizen J
Stephen Hawkings needs to read The Bible, then he would know that God will sort it all out and that man has little to no effect on the planet itself.
That's so friggin wacked out that it's hard to think of a serious rebuttal.

Like when someone tells you that Jesus lives on Venus with Elvis and Kennedy - you just don't know where to begin.
By N'Djamena
Jesus lives with Elvis now?! whatever happened to michael jackson!? :eek:

"...and God will send a flood to wipe out the evils of man...."
By QatzelOk
The man knows how to take wegs and run with them.

I admire his candor vis-a-vis the Chinese.

You can only live on rhetoric and simulacra for so long.
By Ideational Ontarian
Hawking makes me want to puke and shit my pants at the same time. Everyone should watch the couple episodes of South Park that dealt with this douche bags nonsense.
By QatzelOk
So, IO, you recommend watching TV instead of listening to this scientist and genius.

I'm not surprised.

I admire your honesty.
By Citizen J
South Park, Yes, the premier source of insightful and thoughtful anlysis of matters of unimaginable complexity.

I actually had a guy at work tell me that 'The Simpsons' was a good source of social commentary. I could not stop laughing long enough to refute him.
By Minsk
I was going to buy world of warcraft until i saw a southpark on it.

although not as reliable a source as southpark, the Bible can be used on occasion to explain that which science already has.
By QatzelOk
You've got your Marxism, while I've got my bottle of vodka.

That's what watching TV instead of thinking amounts to.
By Dan
In the third week of June 2006, Stephen Hawking spoke in China and made the statement that humans might have already fried the atmosphere and inadvertently reconnected the planet Earth with her dead neighbours.

If we're already too late, why bother?

Blasted fear-mongerers.
By Minsk
Hawking gets joy out of people's distress.

and then, "april fools!"
By Shade2
He is just angry he won't be enjoying the new spa towns and surf beaches in Northern areas like Seatle that no doubt will be created once those areas will have more friendly climate :)
Go global warming ! Finally I have nice tanning summer and worm witners, and I can go out in winter clubbing with my t-shirt instead of having to wear warm clothes :)
By green party
pfff.. "Global Warming" is just da libral media frear mongering

It is amazing that we haven't grasped the concept that global warming is a serious threat.

Blasted fear-mongerers.

and this isn't?
By Shade2
It is amazing that we haven't grasped the concept that global warming is a serious threat.

Yes, more spa-towns in North, less profit for those already existing 8) Less warm clothing to sell in winter etc.
8)
By Minsk
Less warm clothing to sell in winter etc.

Well there goes Vietnam's economy.

just kidding .........
By Citizen J
Naw, this is fearmongering at it's finest. Notice how FOX covers the story in such a serious manner. Please, guys, watch it once and then tell me what the cop said.

The fact is that there are too many people making too much money with the system the way it is. Change means uncertainty and uncertainty impedes profit. Thus, there are many corporations with a vested interest in sowing uncertainty about global warming. Adapting to changing policy is not as profitable as charging headlong into certain disaster.

So here's a stock tip: Now that FEMA is out of the way, halliburton has aligned itself as the premier American disaster management company. The more disasters we have, the more profitable they become. And now so can you.
By Minsk
So here's a stock tip: halliburton has aligned itself as the premier American disaster management company. The more disasters we have, the more profitable they become.

oh yes i've heard about this halliburton thing. run by the bushies.
By Ideational Ontarian
So, IO, you recommend watching TV instead of listening to this scientist and genius.

I'm not surprised.

I admire your honesty.

Actually no, I formed my opinion based on multiple articles and interviews I've read. The latest of which was in Maclean's the other week. There just isn't a better phrase for this guy but douche bag. He rides his high horse and refuses to even participate in discussion with people who have differing viewpoints. For instance he even dismisses people like me who believe evolution completely yet are also religious.

South Park is a great show and serves as a hilarious commentary on people, politics and religion. I'm not citing Parker and Stone as a source anyway, I just think people should watch it because it shows you why a lot of people who are not creationists think Hawking is a little bitch.

I always wondered how truly accurate those race[…]

And in addition , some of the activists facing re[…]

Where are those "opposite of extremist&quo[…]

Then prove it.