Best weapon to protect your household with - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Zagadka
Again, you anti-gun rights people are full of shit, and don't know the facts. You just talk out of your collective asses.

I'm neutral-rights, actually. I have a gun with 2 magazines less than 3 feet from me. I think that they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. In actual statistics, The US and UK don't have terribly different crime rates despite differing policy. I'm just pointing out that if you pull a gun on a robber, he (or any friends) will pull on you, escalating the danger. It's easier to just let them rob you, if you have decent insurance.

No. Shotgun has the best shock value, the least danger of harming your loved ones (the shot isn't going to penetrate the wall if you choose it right), and it has the best chance of hitting the target if you actually have to use it.

Shotguns have small magazines and are useless at very close quarters.

A .22 handgun has the effect (unless they're really sharp, they won't notice the caliber) and *will* hurt if you aim right. It won't kill or maim, but a few rounds from a .22 will discourage someone.

I try to think of the situations where you guys are thinking of. Random home invasion murders aren't terribly common. Your best bet by far is to have a home alarm and lock yourself in a room with your family and a small arm to be on the safe side. The only place I would think a handgun being handy is a carjacking, but in that case, they usually have the drop on you anyway.
By Dr House
Zagadka wrote:Shotguns have small magazines and are useless at very close quarters.

No, they're actually most useful at very close quarters, because the scatter pattern means you can't miss. You just need enough room to swing it, and if you don't have that much that's where the martial arts training comes in handy. ;)

Zagadka wrote:A .22 handgun has the effect (unless they're really sharp, they won't notice the caliber) and *will* hurt if you aim right.

Therein lies the problem. A handgun isn't all that easy to aim.
By sploop!
Rancid wrote:Hell even the british home office came with a report claiming that you are more likely to survive if armed.

Source?
By Rancid
damn, i can't find it anymore.

Ignore it then. I did find a mention of it on another forum, but no source link

It's easier to just let them rob you, if you have decent insurance.

i don't buy it.
By Voltaire
Zagadka wrote:A .22 handgun has the effect (unless they're really sharp, they won't notice the caliber) and *will* hurt if you aim right. It won't kill or maim, but a few rounds from a .22 will discourage someone.

Are you serious? A .22 with LR can most deffinetly kill somebody.
By Rancid
Are you serious? A .22 with LR can most deffinetly kill somebody.

indeed.

It's about placement of the round more so than the size of it.

But size helps...
By Voltaire
right, unless your packin a deagle the fuck it, shoot him anywhere haha.

Rancid wrote:
It's about placement of the round more so than the size of it.

But size helps...

thats what she said :lol:
By Demosthenes
I have never played counterstrike so I have no idea what that meant.

You telling me a P-90 is unrealistic? Well...price wise maybe...

I've been able to handle, disassemble, and reassemble the civilian version, a PS-90 at one of my local gunstores.

Point remains, for close quarters, there is no equal.

And you thought Belgians were peaceniks!
By Rancid
fuck that shit. I'm protecting my house with grenades :lol: :lol:

LOL, at the slightest sound of something weird in my house. i'll just throw a grenade or two into my living room from my bed room LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Godstud
Claymore mines placed strategically around your apartment/house can be a excellent for home defense as well.
By Brio
Demosthenes wrote:I have never played counterstrike so I have no idea what that meant.

On the other hand you may be guilty of playing too much Jagged Alliance 2, where the P-90 is the rarest and best rated SMG in the game. ;)

In all seriousness the P-90 is a finely crafted firearm and those Belgians definitely knew what they were doing.
By Voltaire
All I want to know is why the fuck did this thread get moved to military hardware where nobody will see it. Has nothing to do with fucking military. Godamn son of a bitch shit.
By Rancid
It's all part of the demonization of gun owners. Somehow, owning a gun is like being in a militia or something.

I think we should protest this to the admins.
By Oxymoron
Fuck this shit All Iz need is a Chain saw a Brick and a tennis racket then I could trade them all in for a Ford Pinto which I will crash into a Nice Beemer, collect insurance money go to Vegas blow it all on hookers and gambling, then end up figthing bums for scarps of food luckily I find a lottery ticket cash it in then hire Black Water.
By Nattering Nabob
Best weapon to protect your household with

A dog that barks and plenty of outside lights...after that a shotgun as the OP suggests.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
A miniature black hole that when thrown at the intruder will eat him alive. :knife:

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]

The GOP is pretty much the anti-democracy party a[…]

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]