Does anyone know where to get vintage firing pins? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By jaakko
That's not a tommygun, but some newer smg with thompson-style furniture.

For comparison:
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg29-e.htm

So I don't think a "vintage" firing pin is what you need...
By Gravy
Its definitely not a Thompson. Your gonna have to take that to a gun smith. A good one can fabricate a firing pin for you. I searched the net for over an hour trying to find that weapon and found nothing. Interesting design though....the grip and trigger assembly is designed after the Ingram Mac-10, but Ingram never made a weapon like that. My guess is that its made in China.
By ingliz
Stony Creek Armory's 'Suomi' Mac-11 with Thompson furniture
Last edited by ingliz on 16 Jan 2009 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
By jaakko
At first I was like "Suomi, wtf?". After investigating a bit I found out it's due to some modification that allows it to take the 70 round drum magazines of the Suomi smg...

Well, why not. It's a functioning design and the magazines are still cheap (here, at least).

The design was copied for the famous Soviet PPSh-41 smg, which otherwise was an independent design.

Lol.
By ingliz
The SAC Suomi M11/9: There is no selector switch so it always fires on full auto and it's 9X19mm Luger, unlike the .45 ACP of the Thompson. It can also take, besides the Suomi 71 round drums, 50 round 'coffins', or the 36 round M45/Swedish K magazines.

ps. It is recommended that only factory 115gr fmj rounds are put through the weapon otherwise it will have problems.
By ingliz
Correction: SCA Suomi M11/9

Supposedly Iran sent information on their attack […]

In some ways, the Debord text is a bit like Martin[…]

...Imagine the Russians telling the US it needs t[…]

LOL When protesters are arrested, it is cops be[…]