Best weapon to protect your household with - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Korimyr the Rat
Igor Antunovic wrote:By the way you don't 'beat' a large rottweiler, it beats you. The harder you hit it, the harder it's going to bite down when it comes at you again.

I've never lost a fight with a dog. Feed it your non-dominant arm and then strangle it with your dominant hand. Or cut its throat. If you think there's a chance you're going to face a large dog, wear a thick coat-- chances are, the dog won't even leave marks. If you're big and know how to keep your balance, it's also not too difficult for a man in heavy boots to kick a dog to death. It's just a little noisy.

A good dog is better home security than the best gun... but the gun's still damned good backup.

Unfortunately, my landlord won't let me keep a dog and my woman won't let me keep a gun. I have to rely almost entirely on good door locks and bad reputation for my safety.
By Dr House
Korimyr the Rat wrote:Unfortunately, my landlord won't let me keep a dog and my woman won't let me keep a gun.

Well, far as I can see at least one of those can be remedied. Can't you move?
By Thunderhawk
A miniature black hole that when thrown at the intruder will eat him alive.

Quantum singularity grenades?
By Korimyr the Rat
Dr House wrote:Well, far as I can see at least one of those can be remedied. Can't you move?

Can't afford to, especially not to a place that allows pets.
By Dr House
Aw shit, that sucks.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
What is the typical price difference between dog rental units and no-dog rental units?
By Korimyr the Rat
Around here, it's hard to find an apartment that allows pets at all, and the difference I've seen is close to $100/month. Plus a larger than normal security deposit.
By War Angel
I've never lost a fight with a dog.

Probably no dog trained to kill humans. They don't bother with your arms - they go straight for your neck, gut and crotch. Mostly neck. Besides, even if you do feed it your arm, attack dogs (Amstaf, Pitbulls etc) have a bone-crushing bite and do not let go, even when dead. Seriously, if you're assaulted by a 40kg\90lbs dog like that... you're fucked, unless you're either very big, very strong and very well armed. Also, you must see it coming and be prepared.
By Douglas
Dogs like all animals as well as humans don't like being poked in the eye. If you can remain clam enough to get your fingers in there they soon back off.
By Thunderhawk
Even well trained attack dogs can go astray. Nazi attack dogs loved my grandfather, he adopted them when they were sent to "attack" him.
By Igor Antunov
I've never lost a fight with a dog. Feed it your non-dominant arm and then strangle it with your dominant hand. Or cut its throat.

How can you cut it's throat with your bare hands? I was talking purely unarmed combat vs a rottweiler. A large male rottweiler cannot be defeated 1 to 1 in a confined space, even if you're chuck norris himself. If you have room to move you may be able to find a suitable weapon in time, but I'm sorry to say, you won't kill a rottweiler with your bare hands. Poke it's eyes with your fingers and see it go psycho, lose your fingers. I suppose you could try sticking your fingers up it's arse, have no idea what that would do though.
Once it starts tearing you to pieces you'll be too busy losing blood fast to do anything substantial. And even if you hurt it bad these dogs become more agressive and renew their assault on your doomed corpse.

Just playing with my runt of a female rottweiler, she gets so rough I have to forceably stop her by yelling, getting physical just makes her more agressive. Even then I end up with cuts across my arms and bruising. These dogs are psycho beasts if they need to be, I weigh 210 pounds, my dog weighs 90 pounds, yet I doubt that I could stop her with my bare hands if she suddenly turned batshit insane.
By Korimyr the Rat
I think you vastly underestimate my chances, but I can't think of a possible way to make the experiment worth my while. Poking its eyes may well make it go berserk, but there is not an animal on the planet that will continue fighting after its larynx or testicles have been crushed.
By War Angel
Poking its eyes may well make it go berserk,

It will also make it blind, cause it intense pain, and bleeding. Eyes are easy to locate and have little protection, I'd go for them. Then again... I've never been attacked by a vicious dog. Dogs usually like me, or keep their distance.
By Thunderhawk
...there is not an animal on the planet that will continue fighting after its larynx or testicles have been crushed.

Sounds like you would be backing the animal into a corner. It might fight more frantically.
By ingliz
I saw a very nice extendable folding skeleton stock, front grip, tactical sight and 33 round magazine fitted to a Glock 34 recently. Israeli special forces set up? Possibly, originally designed to fit the G18, maybe, it is Israeli. The whole package for around 400 euro, that would be dinky.
Last edited by ingliz on 16 Apr 2009 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
By Thunderhawk
^ pics?
By ingliz
It was at the range, but I will look around the internetz.

The best I could find but no fold down front grip and I can't make the pic bigger. :hmm:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo ... 2563ydVPiN

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo ... 2563zIoBtH

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo ... 2563qNsMcd
By ingliz
No, I had to rush away, things to do, but nice quality.
By War Angel
Israeli special forces set up?

Very standard stuff, actually. You see the railroad company security walking\standing around with these.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]