Weapons you have used. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By alyster
The topic of best weapon for house hold protection got me wondering which are the biggest weapons POFO war monger and peace lover have fired?

Personally it's FN MAG machine gun. But I'm looking forward to see real cannons here :lol:
By ingliz
M72 LAW rocket launcher, grenades, GPMG, Bren, etc etc etc
Last edited by ingliz on 17 Apr 2009 12:59, edited 2 times in total.
By Igor Antunov
I threw 5 grenades into a river when I was five years old with my dad. That's about it.
By Thunderhawk
knife, baseball bat.
By Dan
I'm taking training in nihonto and the bo.

I also have the materials and instructions for making a sling and plan to go learn that once the weather gets better.

I'm old school. 8)

As for guns, I've only ever fired pellet and BB guns.
By Godstud
Carl Gustav 84 mm recoilless rifle is the biggest I have fired.
It's not exactly good for home defense :)
By War Angel
It depends on what you call 'fired'. ;)

Personally - just the M-16 (carbine variants, too) and Galil SAR. By proxy... a whole lot of shit.

Other weapons : I've held swords, clubs, chairs, tables, other people... :eek:
By Oxymoron
Fists, Head, Baseball bat, Baseball bat with nails.
By Thunderhawk
Baseball bat with nails.

Hows that working out?

I tried something similar (stick with long bolts) and pulled out the bolts after a couple test swings - snagging on something dampens/deflects the movement, like furniture or other stuff in a home.
By froggo
A bow and arrow.
A leather belt with pointy metal studs on it, that i had to whip some guy in the face with repeatedly.
By guzzipat
A Browning high power
A bayonett
A Handgrenade
A Sten
A Sterling
An FN Rifle
A Lee Enfield bolt action, with tele sights. ( by choice as sniper weapon)
A Bren
A 2" mortar
A Carl Gustav anti tank launcher
A 120mm recoiless anti-tank gun.

All used during military service.
By Oxymoron
Hows that working out?

I dont have it anymore, but it was quiet capable as a Melee weapon.
By MB.
my tachi
By jaycola
I've never fired a gun more powerful than an air rifle.

I have a lot of knives, and a bat. None have ever been used as a weapon.
By Douglas
I once beat a guy with his own shoe, that was entertaining while it lasted.
By Demosthenes
For now, several .38/380 pistols, as well as a couple 9mm.
A .22 rifle
A 30.06 rifle
A 25.06 rifle
A .270 rifle
Two run-of-the-mill shotguns

I have not been given access to a submachine gun or an assault rifle at this time. This could change of course.
By Cartertonian
Godstud wrote:Carl Gustav 84 mm recoilless rifle is the biggest I have fired.

Carl Gustav! (as the 'nig' it was my honour to carry the damn thing on my first few trg ex, so the least the bastards could do was let me fire it!)

FN FAL SLR, 9mm Browning Hi-power, SMG, GPMG, HK MP5, .303 Lee Enfield, .22 conversion of .303 Lee Enfield, Sig P226, Beretta 92F, Barratt .50 sniper rifle (actually, used by Royal Engineers in the Balkans for bomb disposal), AK-74, M-16, + lots more. When I was Army, we took the view that as medics we may come into contact with a lot of strange and unusual weps, from both friendly forces and enemy. Therefore we had to be trained to handle them, and our range staff took the view that just being shown how to make a particular wep safe didn't cut it - you needed to be fully confident in handling the thing. Hence, we took 'em on the ranges. ;)
By alyster
Carl Gustav! (as the 'nig' it was my honour to carry the damn thing on my first few trg ex, so the least the bastards could do was let me fire it!)

Yeah, it's a tonn to carry with you. Specially if you are unlucky enough to get the older M2 modification. And then they give the standart issue rifel, ammo a rucksack and kevlar and still expect that a person is capable of moving. :lol:

What type of ammo did you fire?
By Potemkin
A leather belt with pointy metal studs on it, that i had to whip some guy in the face with repeatedly.

How much did he pay you, froggo? ;)

To answer the OP: a Lee-Enfield rifle and (briefly) a standard-issue British Army SLR.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Well, the package was passed by the House so I gue[…]

I already said its origins are in Iran. So unsur[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O