Weapons you have used. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Cartertonian
alyster wrote:What type of ammo did you fire?

Fcuk knows - it was 25 years ago :lol: I seem to think it was HE, but I really was the 'nig' and just did what I was told at the time (which included having to dig a bloody great fan-shaped back section to our trench, to accommodate the blast.)

And as for the rifle - I was the only soldier in the whole bloody Coy who got given a wooden-stock SLR. Everyone else got a plastic-stock one. Wooden-stock ones were about 3lb heavier, if I recall. :lol:
By ingliz
I was the only soldier in the whole bloody Coy who got given a wooden-stock SLR

But you got that little trapdoor thingy to keep your bits and pieces in, we didn't, so it wasn't all bad was it? And they looked prettier oiled up with the sun on them.
By kummi90
AK47, back when I was in Nam...

NO seriously, I did use AK47 in Vietnam
By Piano Red
The biggest that i've fired?

Definitely an M198 Howitzer at Camp Lejeune a few years back. I could feel the backblast make my skeleton rattle. It was awesome.
By froggo
Potemkin wrote:How much did he pay you, froggo?

Haha I wish.

Actually it was quite a bad scenario. I was about 16, and me and some Native girls (who are quite rough in this part of the woods) were drinking vodka in a park. Anyways, the girls wanted more alcohol, so they concocted a plan in which they were going to smash the vodka bottle over some guys head and steal his beer as he came out of the beer vendor. I was shocked and mortified at this idea, but I also was scared of the girls (When I say rough... I mean these girls would slit your throat for 10 bucks without thinking twice... they were gangmembers girly hos, and more frighteneing and vicious then their boyfriends)

So anyways, me and them walked(stumbled) over to the beer vendor and some guy came out with his hands full of beer. and we slowly walked behind him, and then me and one girl ran in front of him, and she said "Give me your fuckin beer"
I was scared shitless because this guy looked tough so I kinda just stood there and was really drunk and was kinda confused and all I could think was "Oh God...is this actually happening?"
And then the vodka bottle smashed him on the head and he dropped his beers all over the place(they were cans not bottles)
Well the girls were like Rabid Vultures! They all sprang forth grabbing as many beer cans as they could, dumping them in their purses, holding them in their shirts and running off.
And I just stood there. Paralyzed almost.
The guy got up(the bottle never smashed fortunately it just knocked him down temporarily) and of course it was only Me standing there with a bunch of girls scrambling all around him. Me... the only guy.
Well he came straight at me. I cowered to the ground and just tried to curl up in a ball.
He was practically on my back, punching me over and over right in the face. All i could see was blood pouring from my face. The initial punches were such a shock. fierce punches, backed by muscle, but eventually...I just didnt even feel the punches anymore.
All i could think was.... i have to get out of here somehow...he's not going to stop punching me. and so i tried hitting him but couldn't reach his face. So i remembered i had a belt on with metal studs in it.
I took it off and just started whiping it over and over, and i could almost feel it each time it made contact with his face. he got off me and i bolted.

Afterwords i saw the blood on my belt, and i dont know if it was my blood or his blood, but i then went and drank his beers in the park with the girls.

The next day it was on the news that a man got brutally beaten after getting his beer robbed by some native girls and a white boy. It is one of the worst things i have ever done in my life.
By Huntster
What I've actually "fired" were the M72 LAW, M18A1 Claymore mines, and the M-60 GP machine gun. I've handled lots of M-2 105mm Howitzer round, watched them being fired and their impact, but I didn't fire them myself. I've also handled a few gravity bombs.
By 762
Fellow named Rusty of all things let me have a few rounds through: http://www.gun-shots.net/steyr-hs-50.jpg (.50 BMG, bolt-action)
A good friend of mine decided to shell out 3k for a BAR a few weeks ago, needless to say that's fun.

I think a .50 BMG rifle and a BAR are perfectly fitting firearms for a fan of Mr. Browning.
By Potemkin
Well he came straight at me. I cowered to the ground and just tried to curl up in a ball.

Worst thing you could have done, froggo. As that French dude said in Godzilla, "Running away would be a good idea." ;)
By Alex Jacobson
I got to fire an M60E1. Nothing impressive compared to what some of you have fired! Then again I have no military background.
A friend of mine is in the Army and got to fire an M270 MLRS in combat.
By Galoredk
Sawed off nuclear submarine!
By killim
G36
G3
MG3
P1
P8

P7
MP2A1
DM 34
120mm Rh20

AK-47
AK-74
Dragunov
Makarov
Tokarev T-33
By Cabal
H&K USP .40 pistol
AK-47
Glock .40 pistol
AR-15
Beretta .45 pistol
12-gauge Mossberg
S&W .40 pistol
Walther PPK .380
Walther P99 .40
Scoped .22 LR
By Godstud
Hockey Stick
Baseball bat
Baseball
Pellet gun .17
Crab apples
.22 Rifle
Spear
Rocks of varying calibres
BB Gun
Chinese AK-47
FN-C1A1
FN-FAL
FN-C2
C-13 Fragmentation Grenade
.30 GPMG
Hatchet
Bayonet
Bowie Knife
Scissors
Carl Gustav 88mm
Remington 12g
M-72 (Great for the whole family!! Quite fun to fire!)
9mm Browning Hi-power
Sterling 9mm SMG
M2 Machine gun
Club/stick
Fist
Foot
Elbow
Knee
Head
Homemade rocket

(Note: Most weapons of the non-lethal kind were aimed at my brother at one time or another :D )
By noemon
G3A3-A4

HK11

I have been charged both weapons as my personal items during my service in Samothraki and have shot with both of them several times. With the G3A3 I've shot standing, on the knees and in motion during the "capture the hill" exercise.

The MG3 machine gun.

I have not been charged this one as a personal item since you can't really carry that on your shoulder while on duty, but shot with it several times.

M203

Only once about a month ago and the same day I threw real grenades by hand as well.

Several times on a private shooting ground and several bullets in my wedding night for the lulz. Personal hand gun.
By Texpat
I also fire off my heat-seeking moisture missile a couple times a week to remain qualified. It's a complicated weapon system. Coordination between the fire control center and the hydraulic pump actuators requires a delicate combination of the right website and manual dexterity.
By Godstud
Warning: Misfire of that weapon can cause blindness and/or hairy palms, Texpat. :lol:
By Cartertonian
I heard there had been a product recall...what is the serial number stamped along the barrel of your weapon?
By killim
Afaik that doesn't affect him, because he has the midget version, which is only backloadable and has only one bullet in the chamber. But iirc this version has to some degrees hydraulical malfunctions.

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable justi[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]