Guns Guns Guns - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
The only thing Mo. requires is a background check that always seems to take forever. The counter person has to call the FBI and such.

Why can't I just go in and buy the fucking thing so I can shoot the place up Terminator style?

Damn libruls and their stupid laws! :knife:

:lol:

On that note,

Voltaire wrote:I was mature for my age

Voltaire wrote:Your a faggot dude.

Voltaire wrote:Especially because I don't know if your like this cartertonian dick,

Uh huh...
By Syd
You mean after the hunters safety test? If so then yes, after you finish that you can legally own and operate a gun.

What's the minimal age to take this test? Is age 11 not rather young?

Your state requires hunter's safety to own a gun? What the hell kind of commie state do you live in?

A safe one.
By Voltaire
Demosthenes wrote:
Uh huh...

What because I don't dance around what I really want to say with politically correct bullshit?

I've read your posts, you say the same things I do just not as direct.

I do not believe that there is a minimum age, they have to be able to read, and properly shoot a high powered rifle.

Pretty low standards :lol:
By Demosthenes
Voltaire wrote:I've read your posts, you say the same things I do just not as direct.

It isn't about agreement or disagreement, it's about not flaming for no reason. So the man disagrees with you? He's in the military, is a father, and is likely about twice your age. Unless you would talk to him like that to his face you are hiding behind the internet. Which is kinda chickenshit in my book.

Since when does being gentlemanly mean PC?

Anti-PC appears to simply be an excuse to be either a dick, or to flout terms you know very well you shouldn't be using in polite company.

I wrote:not flaming for no reason

Leave it Cartertonian, I'm making a point.
By Rancid

Most (i'm pretty sure all actually) states require anyone under the age of 18 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian when out shooting or hunting.
By Syd
I do not believe that there is a minimum age, they have to be able to read, and properly shoot a high powered rifle.

Doubt it. I see no 6 year olds with hunter licenses.
By Rancid

Read my post.

i have seen 6 year olds shooting by the way. I plan to teach my kids how to shoot around that age.
By Voltaire
Egorov wrote:

Not with liscenses because they need parental consent, and the ability to comprehend the teachings and safely operate a firearm with no help.

But they can go out back and shoot with their father.
By Demosthenes
Voltaire wrote:I don't care who he is or what he's done with his life, I'd tell him straight up to his face if he tried telling me that I shouldn't be allowed to own as many guns that I do.

Of course to make yourself feel better keep saying that I am a pussy that wouldn't say anything in real life.

And that's the problem. You're shooting your mouth off without any real clue what you're talking about. As one of the Mods of this section, that's my business. You're a kid. You've said it already. I don't feel anything when you get out of line and I have to be the one to tell you to behave. (except annoyed that it has to spelled out to you). Or don't you care about officials warnings, and perhaps a temp ban?

Point is, I'm not discussing this with you. I'm telling you, as a mod and not a user, to behave. I don't care how hard you think you are, your language above will not be tolerated. It's isn't tolerated for anyone else and you won't be an exception.

I don't care what the argument is about, nor which side I would normally agree with. Learn that point now or you'll likely be forum hunting again soon.
By Syd
Most (i'm pretty sure all actually) states require anyone under the age of 18 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian when out shooting or hunting.

So technically I can send my new born child out shooting.
By Voltaire
Typical argument from somebody like you, you can not convince me to embrace your ridiculous ideals so you feel you have to try to make me look inferior by calling me a 'kid', how childish.

So continue to abuse your power that you most certainly do not deserve, you try telling me that I am a pussy, how do you think I am going to react?

You antagonize people into getting into an argument then when you realize that you are looking silly you pull the power card out.

How sad.

Your just a person, just like everybody else. Except for somereason or another you have the badge of 'moderator'. Untill you realize this you will never be a good leader.
By Rancid
So technically I can send my new born child out shooting.

If a parent or guardian is present and consents, sure. However, I don't see how a new born could even hold a gun :lol:
By Syd
If a parent or guardian is present and consents, sure. However, I don't see how a new born could even hold a gun

You know what I mean though.
By Demosthenes
Voltaire wrote:Typical argument from somebody like you

Yeah right.

Voltaire wrote:you can not convince me to embrace your ridiculous ideals so you feel you have to try to make me look inferior by calling me a 'kid', how childish.

You're about 20, I'm about 40. You're a kid to me. What do want me to say "Pretty please with sugar on top, don't abuse other users?"

Well, "Pretty please with sugar on top, DON'T ABUSE OTHER USERS."

This isn't an argument. THere is nothing for me to convince you of. Perhaps you need to look back over the forum rules.

Voltaire wrote:you try telling me that I am a pussy, how do you think I am going to react?

Jesus Christ. What kind of chip on your shoulder are you carrying around? The bottom line is: FOLLOW THE RULES.

Voltaire wrote:You antagonize people into getting into an argument

I love it when you mouth off to someone, then whine about being antagonized. Your world works quite heavily in your favor.

Voltaire wrote:Your just a person, just like everybody else

Yeah ok.

I'm a person who follows the rules on this site. Unlike some apparently. As such I was given the "volunteer" job quite a long time ago.

Voltaire wrote:Untill you realize this you will never be a good leader.

I don't lead anything. I just watch out for trolls so we can maximize the enjoyment of the forum the most number of people.
By Rancid
You know what I mean though.

I don't.
By Syd
I'm a person who follows the rules on this site. Unlike everyone else apparently. As such I was given the "volunteer" job quite a long time ago.

I've been following quite angel-like too.
By Voltaire
Demo, I see no point in arguing with you anymore because that is exactly what this is, an argument.

Your whole argument consists of trying to belittle me and keep telling me that I am a kid, so fucking what?

The only chip on my shoulder is that I don't like you.

I tell it how it is, how I perceive it and I quite frankly don't give a shit about you.

So have a nice life 'moderating this site', I hope that you get a nice pension.
By Syd
Demo, I see no point in arguing with you anymore because that is exactly what this is, an argument.

:lol:
By Voltaire
That was supposed to be irony at him claiming that this wasn't an argument. I'm sure like most of the not so bright users here you didn't pick up on it.
By Syd
A 10 year old could've said the exact same thing and meant the same thing as you. There's no point in turning your back on me all of a sudden. I did nothing more than post a smiley in response to a comment of yours.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]