WWII helmet - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Watermoon
I mean the net on the helmet, which has a lot of holes. That one.
By Igor Antunov
The helmet serves to protect soldiers skull from shrapnel.

The net is camouflage. It works by distorting a smooth and obviously artificial surface, thus serving to help the helmet blend into the surrounding terrain/vegetation.
By ThereBeDragons
As above; it also reduces the shininess of a wet helmet and you can use it to hold down camouflage fabrics or vegetation for blending in.
By Wolfman
And with some practice, you use it to make a rudimentary ghillie suit

By GandalfTheGrey
It works by distorting a smooth and obviously artificial surface, thus serving to help the helmet blend into the surrounding terrain/vegetation

I thought the netting was for threading in twigs and branches to help them camoflage in bush terrain.
By Igor Antunov
I thought the netting was for threading in twigs and branches to help them camoflage in bush terrain.

Where did I say it wasn't used in that way? It does exactly what I said it does.
By Khalq
Wolfman wrote:And with some practice, you use it to make a rudimentary ghillie suit

albeit a very "slim" one ;)

Tigerlily wrote:It's for fashion and only fashion.

Muhaha, you nailed it! It's the military version of fence net stockings. :lol:
By Mazhi
But is it European?
By Douglas
But is it European?

Nope it's an American M1 helmet with a half inch net.
Hypersonic Weapons

Funny I was about to make a comment, but then I d[…]

Some would argue maybe those people should just l[…]

Liberal democracy was just as stupid a politica[…]

putin´s officials have suggested importing migran[…]