Container Strike! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Typhoon
Are they Panasonic televisions, cuddly toys or broken X-boxes being shipped back to China...no its the Club-K cruise missile system!

While checking out for updates to Concern Morinformsystem-Agat's website (as you do) a few weeks back I noticed an interesting update to their product catalogue; still only a few groups seem such as USNI to have noticed:

[youtube]n3-YROQ2DW8[/youtube]

Interersting music choice but such a system has big implications.

Over the past few years there has been a lot of concern about ballistic missiles being fitted to commercial shipping by rogue states such as North Korea or Iran as a means of by-passing defences. This Russian system is interesting because it represents the first commercially avaliable system (that I know of) to adopt this covert container strategy.

The cruise based system carries a lot more risk (to the enemy) because it would be harder to detect (before, during & after launch), cheaper to aquire in bulk with a lower technology requirement in addition to offering better performance than a similary packaged ballistic missile. With a suitable NBC warhead its essentially deterrent in a box, impossible to track among commercial traffic and only observed once its already incoming. Its reasonable to say that theres no solution to this kind of system in place in the west today.
World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]