Robotic Military Dog - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By grassroots1
jesus that thing is scary, it looks like a giant fly and it sounds like one too. I wonder what the 'payload' is? Does it deliver bombs like a robotic suicide bomber? Will it have a gun mounted on it?
By JRS1
Shit! - a lot of robots look pretty impressive at how they can climb stairs etc - but that one walked like an animal, truly awesome and a little bit scary. Noisy little bleeder though.
By killim
Far more important, it will empty its batteries before it reaches a noteable distance from the starting point.
By grassroots1
It might run on gas or have other energy sources. It is amazing JRS, it walks just like an animal, especially when they push it over.

And I agree that the noise would compromise it, all it takes is one well-placed RPG and we never have to look at this weird ass thing again :)
By Igor Antunov
All it takes is for somebody to come along and trip it. Sure it can survive a push, but a trip...I doubt it.
By killim
Indeed. It adds a new dimension to robotic sodomy! :D

A really good alternative to the poor mules and healthier for the soldiers.
By Igor Antunov
A real mule is infinitely cheaper, far more reliable, faster, stronger, less maintenance dependent and will last a far longer time.

This will take off when pigs fly.
By Suska
:lol: One thing I can say for sure is Igor has never met a real mule.

This technology has quite a bit of potential
By Thunderhawk
Its been ~5 years since this came out. Has there been no progress?
By Lensky1917
I think Igor missed the point.

The reason for creating robots like this, is so that you don't have to send real animals and people into dangerous situations.

:roll:
By Lensky1917
Igor Antunov wrote:Yes, because, won't somebody please think of the mules!

PETA will and does.

It's great for the military's image, and people will consider more about enlisting if they believe that they won't have to go into hazardous situations.
By grassroots1
I think animals no longer have any utility in modern warfare anyways. This big dog thing seems like kind of a waste. I understand flying drones, and that's an excellent idea from a military standpoint, but you would think they would move right on to robot tanks instead of stopping at this weird intermediate stage. I mean, really, where will this thing be useful?
By Suska
it needn't be a military application but there are plenty of military uses anyway, particularly exoskeletons and don't forget what's really special here is the balancing software which could even have uses in aircraft.
By grassroots1
Balancing software for aircraft would probably have to be entirely different, because of the lack of the ground as a stabilizing force. And while it may have non-military applications, let's remember that this is a military project designed for military purposes. There are no illusions as to what this machine is intended for.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]