SAM Simulator v0.919 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Typhoon
Not long ago that I posted about this for the first time but for the minority that are interested (likely already watching) the new version has been released which adds the SA-4B Ganef to the growing list of SAM's that can be 'played'. Keeps getting better though with the S-75M3 announced and the S-200 still to come...enjoy!

[youtube]4uSf1wkDh_w[/youtube]
By Typhoon
Bit of a Necropost but the latest version of SAM Simulator (v0.921) is now out, incorporating a now fully working simulation of the long range S-200 (Vega) missile system for your amusement...

For those who dont know the S-200 its Iran's S-300 and one of the most complicated systems to be simulated to date, the manual of steps to fire a missile is a long one but even on its own is very informative and well worth a read if your interested in this sort of stuff.

SAM Simulator can as always be found here:
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

The development path looks like it going to slow down in the future as the developer has run out of systems he can readily simulate without compromising an in-service system. But new varients of current systems are going to be incorporated (like export SA-2) and Shilka is still left to go. The integration of NASA elevation maps is also a popular path to allow the simuator to generate realistic clutter and allow functions like the moving target indicator.

Well worth watching...
By Igor Antunov
Interesting. I would love if they included such weapons systems in mainstream games. Sure it would have to be simplified but I would enjoy operating one of these vs enemy aircraft.

Why do the Latin Americans ignore completely race[…]

If Progressives have changed the Democrat Party, i[…]

You lie constantly, and late's belonging to a par[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]