Black Eagle - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By jaakko
Either way I would prefer all these tanks to sit around collecting dust as opposed to rolling through the streets of other nations, as the M1 of the US is doing now.

Hmm... Why not install R/C systems and cameras in the obsolete models and have mighty ROBOT WARS with them? Or maybe 'Tank Wars'. Teams would sit an a computer room with each player having their role in the tank's crew. Like a simulator but with real tanks.
By Smilin' Dave
I would like to see an A10 hover at five hundred feet and provide fire support to an ambushed convoy.

An example of why the A-10 and Apache have different roles, rather than your original statement that the Apache can do everything the A-10, if not better.

Cluster bombs? I am talking about direct front line fire support. Especially in an urban setting ... the helo is far superior in this situation then a fixed wing craft.

Does the US not fight outside of urban settings? Helicopters are not that useful in urban warfare either, because you can't utilise its range or manuverability. At least the A-10 could notionally be used to deploy laser guided bombs in this scenario (target painted by the troops on the ground).

How in the world can air support be too closely tied in with the tactical situation?

When you need to use it for something else?

Do you know what happens when A10 pilots are permitted to go on search and destroy missions?

I do ...

British armor units get shot the fuck up.

Poor coordination etc. is not an example of why strategic airpower doesn't work...

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]